Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Premium Select vs. AF Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Premium Select vs. AF Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
Multiple service rumors have surfaced, but without an official statement from Delta, I won't believe it.

Additioanlly, people continue to purchase or "upgrade" to this fare, even without enhanced service. Why should Delta spend their cash to improve an experience customers already value?

Yes, it has not been upgraded.

The flight I was on yesterday had a full PS section, so it seems their strategy is working. I wonder if people are getting PS with GUCs, and hoping for an upgrade. On the flight I was on yesterday, D1 was also full.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Minnyappleus
Why should Delta spend their cash to improve an experience customers already value?
Well, for one thing, to avoid being the subject of internet threads like this. Delta would much prefer PS to be favorably compared to AF PE, for example, even if they're not having trouble selling seats. For now anyway it's apparently not worth their investment.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Yes, it has not been upgraded.

The flight I was on yesterday had a full PS section, so it seems their strategy is working. I wonder if people are getting PS with GUCs, and hoping for an upgrade. On the flight I was on yesterday, D1 was also full.
PS service has already been upgraded

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34334791-post100.html

A general ECONOMY upgrade. PS is economy according to Delta, with a nicer seat. Nothing more
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
PS service has already been upgraded

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34334791-post100.html

A general ECONOMY upgrade. PS is economy according to Delta, with a nicer seat. Nothing more
You misunderstood the context of the post. Some folks expected the food service to be upgraded from the current baseline because of some general statements from Delta, but that hasn't happened.

That's what I meant - the food service hasn't been improved.
HAPPYLIFE likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:54 pm

You misunderstood the context of the post. Some folks expected the food service to be upgraded from the current baseline because of some general statements from Delta, but that hasn't happened.

That's what I meant - the food service hasn't been improved.
Yes, some expected the upgrade to be back to what is used to be.

However, all DL said was "an upgrade". They "upgraded". The improved economy dessert was an upgrade. Just not the upgrade most wanted to see
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
Yes, some expected the upgrade to be back to what is used to be.

However, all DL said was "an upgrade". They "upgraded". The improved economy dessert was an upgrade. Just not the upgrade most wanted to see
In that context, use of the word "upgrade" is an unfortunate choice of words.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:51 pm

In that context, use of the word "upgrade" is an unfortunate choice of words.
I'd be surprised if DL ever returns to the pre pandemic service, given the gradual reduction in service that was occurring pre pandemic
Goodoldflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.