Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Global Cert upgrade suggestions - Asia??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Cert upgrade suggestions - Asia??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF
Any interest in South Africa/Kenya? Have found a lot of KLM availability on those flights, which allows you (on KLM only) to go straight from a 600 dollar economy ticket to lie-flat business class.
Would you please explain how to use a GUC on a KLM flight to South Africa? Would you book through Delta or KLM? Could I call Delta, identify the KLM flights, then both book and apply the GUC?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
Did this last year , $1100 coach ticket X 2, all four segments cleared (atl- ams / ams- nbo and returns)Excellent use of 4 Globals IMHO

the parks are life changing….
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
Call medallion line, they work with KLM while you hold
ProfRB likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ProfRB
Would you please explain how to use a GUC on a KLM flight to South Africa? Would you book through Delta or KLM? Could I call Delta, identify the KLM flights, then both book and apply the GUC?
There's a thread dedicated just to KLM and GUC, much info there.
ProfRB likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
I have a Multi segment roundtrip KLM ticketed flight booked in V fareclass. Routing is YEG-YVR-AMS-ACC same for return. Can I use a delta upgrade cert to upgrade to world business class? If so would this be only for 1 segment or the entire outgoing journey?

thanks
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by tessy143
I have a Multi segment roundtrip KLM ticketed flight booked in V fareclass. Routing is YEG-YVR-AMS-ACC same for return. Can I use a delta upgrade cert to upgrade to world business class? If so would this be only for 1 segment or the entire outgoing journey?

thanks
I don't know about world business class, but upgrade certs are for one segment.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
I don't know about world business class, but upgrade certs are for one segment.
This is incorrect. They're good for all segments one direction. One GUC will upgraded YVR-ACC for OP. (YEG-YVR is WS operated and GUC doesn't apply to WS)
RobertS975 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again all - I was able to find outbound and return to JNB direct from ATL - used miles for Premium Select and GUC to upgrade to D1 - cost me $121!

Anything I can do regarding travel insurance that would allow for me to get "new" D1 tickets if I had some kind of covered event? Or am I just out my GUCs and miles if something happens? I have never even thought of travel insurance or refundable tickets, but with travel 5 months away and Covid's history lesson.....
Eddie98 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chromedome00
Anything I can do regarding travel insurance that would allow for me to get "new" D1 tickets if I had some kind of covered event? Or am I just out my GUCs and miles if something happens? I have never even thought of travel insurance or refundable tickets, but with travel 5 months away and Covid's history lesson.....
Award tickets are fully refundable (and your GUCs would be redeposited - assuming they've even been pulled yet).
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by ProfRB
I did a similar trip at the end of 2019. Booked through DL on KLM metal ATL-AMS-KUL. I was using Expert Flyer too look at the seat space in Z fares? ( I think). Once booked, I called DL CS and they worked with me to get the GUC cleared. I had to call 4 times until I got an agent that new how to work the system and my wife and I were cleared all the way, 4 GUCs total. The coach seat was $700 originally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.