Wiki Posts
Search

No PDB, No Amenity Kit in D1, JFK-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Do you really believe everything you read on here
Not at all. It’s a dumb thing to joke about and if you’re going to do that, someone could get in trouble and lose their career.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:32 pm

I really wonder why people are glamorizing the Tumi kits… they were mediocre at best. No doubt DL can do better than the current kits but if I never see the Tumi kits again I ll be just fine.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Thats actually alarming and a serious accusation. What was the flight number? That warrants a report to the FAA.
I believe they are joking that they (as the captain of their boat) had a few beers.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
No amenity kit today 6/4 on D1 AMS to DTW but we got our PBD in glass and the slippers
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Thats actually alarming and a serious accusation. What was the flight number? That warrants a report to the FAA.
I'm not sure the FAA regulates boats...
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:59 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Crossinator
JFK-LAX on DL is a very disappointing experience all around, especially in the summer when it's exclusively on 763's. Jetblue Mint or Polaris is a way better option
Even if you go out to EWR for a Polaris equipped aircraft, the soft product on UA is pretty bad these days. Check out the meal thread in the UA forum- really embarrassing slop they are serving on transcon flights these days, way below what DL, AA and of course B6 are offering.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FabCW
I really wonder why people are glamorizing the Tumi kits… they were mediocre at best. No doubt DL can do better than the current kits but if I never see the Tumi kits again I ll be just fine.
Maybe not the best, but they were useful as bags after the fact. The were reused, (which is what DL us all about isn't it?) unlike the new ones that go straight into trash.

BTW the socks were the one thing I always used. I have lots of opened Tumi kits at home. Only thing missing is the socks.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
jet ski boat, not delta flight
nor northwest 👀… December 1999 was fun…
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by dw
Even if you go out to EWR for a Polaris equipped aircraft, the soft product on UA is pretty bad these days. Check out the meal thread in the UA forum- really embarrassing slop they are serving on transcon flights these days, way below what DL, AA and of course B6 are offering.
I eat before my transcon (TATL) flights…
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Scudsone
On my way to LAX from JFK, Delta One 767-300 ER. Older seats, small TVs and no pre-departure beverage service, and no amenity kits at the seats or offered. Dinner was served all at once. FAs we’re otherwise attentive and great with meal service and drinks in flight, but I thought the PDBs were back. And I got an amenity kit on my last D1 flights (which were international though). Is this normal for domestic D1? Sorry if this is such a first world problem rant.
I flew JFK>LAX in Delta One last weekend and had a similarly disappointing (thought different) experience. No PBD, but the purser did pass out amenity kits shortly while the plane was taxiing for takeoff. The service on board was pathetic to put it mildly. One FA working the meal service in D1 and it took until about an hour after takeoff just to take everyone's order. When meal service started, not exaggerating it took more than 5 minutes for each meal to come out and be delivered, one at a time. It was probably an hour into service by the time I had my meal and first drink and there were still a few rows to go behind me. This was also a late departure (ended up taking off after 10pm because of a ground delay), but service didn't finish until more than halfway through the flight to LAX, so folks didn't really get much chance to sleep on the flight.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jiburi
At one point, Slippers were provided for Trans-Pacific only and were additional item that was distributed separate from the amenity kit which included socks.
Slippers are still distributed separately from the (now sockless) amenity kit, but on all long-haul routes, not just TPAC.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MS02113
Slippers are still distributed separately from the (now sockless) amenity kit, but on all long-haul routes, not just TPAC.

I like the slippers, but like the girl says, "Why not both?"

I've now started packing my own socks, just for the flight.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer

Agreed, especially since my feet don't fit the slippers.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer

Unless I know I'll be using PreCheck, I always *wear* socks when I fly. I don't want to walk through airport security in bare feet and security employees get upset if I try to put on light slippers or booties at that point.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Crossinator
Jetblue Mint or Polaris is a way better option
"Polaris" is international only. If you're referring to the seat, it is hit or miss on EWR with the 77HD back in service and as already mentioned simply not available to JFK.

Not to mention UA's food is awful.

AA (in F) and B6 have the best t-con products. Except B6 is not very reliable, there is no lounge, and most of the aircraft use the same crappy Vantage seat you'll find on the 763s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.