Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No PDB, No Amenity Kit in D1, JFK-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

No PDB, No Amenity Kit in D1, JFK-LAX

On my way to LAX from JFK, Delta One 767-300 ER. Older seats, small TVs and no pre-departure beverage service, and no amenity kits at the seats or offered. Dinner was served all at once. FAs we’re otherwise attentive and great with meal service and drinks in flight, but I thought the PDBs were back. And I got an amenity kit on my last D1 flights (which were international though). Is this normal for domestic D1? Sorry if this is such a first world problem rant.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
There definitely should've been an amenity kit, and PDB for even domestic D1 should be in place already.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Definitely first world problems, but definitely shouldn’t have happened.
Submit the feedback form and get a few skymiles.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by rylan
There definitely should've been an amenity kit, and PDB for even domestic D1 should be in place already.
Haven't flown this week, but int he past I've only seen PDB once in 5 D1 flights this year. And in that instance it was just OJ or sparkling wine. They weren't "allowed" to open anything else on the ground.

Oddly the only time I've had a true PDB service was two months ago on a regional jet LAX-LAS.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:35 am

Have you seen the new amenity kits? I was so unimpressed that I will be handing my back to the flight attendants . There’s no need to waste one on me
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Have you seen the new amenity kits? I was so unimpressed that I will be handing my back to the flight attendants . There’s no need to waste one on me
I've been giving them to friend's granddaughters.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The FA on my recent JNB-ATL wereapologi
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
I used to use the toothbrushes in the amenity kits, but now I bring mine along. Useful for if you forget to bring one.

I use the socks, too, sometimes.

But would I actually complain about it on a flight that wasn't transatlantic? Probably not, unless I got something stuck in my teeth.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
I used to use the toothbrushes in the amenity kits, but now I bring mine along. Useful for if you forget to bring one.

I use the socks, too, sometimes.

But would I actually complain about it on a flight that wasn't transatlantic? Probably not, unless I got something stuck in my teeth.

Socks?? Hmm.. those weren't in there any more in March. Since everything has to be made by hand I assume the knitters hadn't made enough
ezefllying likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Socks?? Hmm.. those weren't in there any more in March. Since everything has to be made by hand I assume the knitters hadn't made enough
Believe that socks have been eliminated from the new kits in favor of slippers, which are now provided on all long-haul flights (where previously they were only provided on a select few "ultra-long-haul" routes).
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA

I just got socks on my TATL flight yesterday. I suppose they're using old stock on some flights.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta PM
JFK-LAX on DL is a very disappointing experience all around, especially in the summer when it's exclusively on 763's. Jetblue Mint or Polaris is a way better option
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Crossinator
JFK-LAX on DL is a very disappointing experience all around, especially in the summer when it's exclusively on 763's. Jetblue Mint or Polaris is a way better option
UA isn't using Polaris equipment out of JFK anymore. Back to 757s or non-Polaris 767s, unless want to trek to EWR.

B6 I enjoy when get one of the new Mint cabins. Only issue is connections when you want Mint.

AA is great if can get F, J class is not all aisle.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
Believe that socks have been eliminated from the new kits in favor of slippers, which are now provided on all long-haul flights (where previously they were only provided on a select few "ultra-long-haul" routes).

Well I guess Atlanta to CDG is not long-haul because there were no slippers either.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Well I guess Atlanta to CDG is not long-haul because there were no slippers either.
Probably getting crew miscatered or FA didn't put out..

I had them on SLC-CDG/LHR/AMS, ATL-AMS, JNB-ATL, and AMS/CDG-SLC/ATL/MSP all within last month. I asked actually FA about as they stuck out, being only on Asian routes previously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.