Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL to decrease the July/early August schedule by 100 flights/day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 9:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Exclamation Delta Internal Memo: Flights Cancellations increasing starting this weekend

Posted on twitter by DL reporters. This cancellations starting this weekend will continue through end of August.

Old May 26, 2022, 9:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Also mentioned yesterday in the weekend weather waiver thread: WX Waiver posted for Northeast to Southeast

Now on news.delta.com: https://news.delta.com/flying-delta-...w-and-how-prep
Old May 26, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Old May 26, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium

https://news.delta.com/flying-delta-...w-and-how-prep

DL is reducing their schedule by 100 flights per day from July 1 to August 7 in order to "build additional resilience in our system and improve operational reliability for our customers and employees." No details about which flights will be cut except that they'll be "primarily in markets in the U.S. and Latin America that Delta frequently serves."

Get ready for full flights and maybe even bumping opportunities!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This weekend's Schedule Change Saturday could be a bloodbath, plus there won't be (m)any experienced agents available through Monday.
Old May 26, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Already posted about

Delta Internal Memo: Flights Cancellations increasing starting this weekend
Old May 26, 2022, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This weekend's Schedule Change Saturday could be a bloodbath, plus there won't be (m)any experienced agents available through Monday.
They loaded a number of schedule cuts for July/August this past weekend. I count about 50 routes with reductions. So possibly another 50 routes this weekend. There's a number of RJ routes out of DTW that will be down to a single daily flight for July/August.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
and the flights remain way expensive. Do not purchase the high price tickets as you're adding to this mess.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Any cancellations as of this writing for a Friday departure (tomorrow) are most certainly not a "proactive way to minimize close-in rebooking pressure."

"We've never rebuilt an airline before..." And you're not rebuilding one now. Stop with the pompousness, Delta.
demkr, Auto Enthusiast and volabam like this.

Last edited by DenverBrian; May 26, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Old May 26, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, National Executive, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
and the flights remain way expensive. Do not purchase the high price tickets as you're adding to this mess.
I don't think it's appropriate to victim blame in this situation. If travelers have the need, desire, and means to travel this summer, they should be able to have the confidence that the airlines are actually able to fly the schedule the publish.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by xliioper
They loaded a number of schedule cuts for July/August this past weekend. I count about 50 routes with reductions. So possibly another 50 routes this weekend. There's a number of RJ routes out of DTW that will be down to a single daily flight for July/August.
Oh yea, I definitely noticed that this past weekend... I'm hoping it's not 100 *additional* cuts, because then flying into smaller Midwest airports from the West coast may get painful if I want to avoid redeyes.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So...Delta's not ready when we are?
Old May 26, 2022, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
Strange. RJs aren't crewed by DL pilots or FAs and DTW surely doesn't have slot restrictions currently, although I assume that DL would do all of the ground handling for DeltaConnection flights at DTW. Is DL short of GAs too this summer?
Old May 26, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver Elite
Typical afternoon storms will start tomorrow for majority of the state of Florida. JAX ATC center still has staffing shortages but are supposedly working on it. Load factor to majority of Florida cities has to be close 90% or higher at times.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not entirely clear if the 100 flights/day refers only to mainline flights. The July/August reductions last weekend were a combination of mainline and Connection Carrier flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.