Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP C SkyClub - Are you kidding me?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
MSP C has always been 1 of my favorite clubs because it has windows with a view! Same for DTW B/C and the clubs at the end of A. And DCA!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I had a flight departing out of C23 and decided to try the C Club for the first time. The fact that I had arrived earlier that day into F10 and walked the entire way to the Intercontinental left me less enthusiastic about backtracking to the F/G Club. It was a Saturday afternoon around 1 pm and I liked the fact that the C Club wasn't crowded at all and I could get a seat at one of the tables near the buffet and eat a hot meal without anyone around me. Overall, I didn't think it was as subpar an experience as I was expecting.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I had a flight departing out of C23 and decided to try the C Club for the first time. The fact that I had arrived earlier that day into F10 and walked the entire way to the Intercontinental left me less enthusiastic about backtracking to the F/G Club. It was a Saturday afternoon around 1 pm and I liked the fact that the C Club wasn't crowded at all and I could get a seat at one of the tables near the buffet and eat a hot meal without anyone around me. Overall, I didn't think it was as subpar an experience as I was expecting.
I have a 6.5 hour layover at MSP on 7/8/22 for my WAW-AMS-MSP-OKC travel and I would prefer C even though I have plenty of time to go to the larger F/G lounge.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
In all reality C is fine.
Its a little older and yes, has a lot of wood but I would take MSP C over the newish ATL B ........sh%t show any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Last edited by Dawgfan6291; Jun 29, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:55 am

This thread is interesting to me - because Delta has been renovating or opening new crew lounges at our bases and they def go for the “trendy” look and believe me they photograph well - but the functionality and comfort declines in a lot of cases. One of my favorite lounges was in the basement of MSP F and had oversized plush lazy boys which served amazing purposes for a nap. Wasn’t much to look at but it got the job done. Sure I would grab a blanket to cover the fabric. But I’ll take it those over the trendy uncomfortable furniture they’re putting in these days. Also they all seem to be over lit. I don’t mind a warm lighting but harsh white LED lights aren’t productive to getting some rest in on a 3 hour sit no matter how pretty they look. So if you don’t use or want your eye mask from your amenity kindly leave it behind in the kit I’ll make sure it doesn’t go to waste 😅
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:39 pm

I like the workstations. In addition, it doesn’t feel too crowded due to separation of different areas.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I also like the CVG lounge because it is massive and nobody flies into CVG anymore.
In terms of square footage it's got to be one of the larger clubs they operate. However, all the four tops usually have 1-2 people at them so it might be large but it can also be hard to find a seat sometimes.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I belive that MSP C was the last new lounge that NWA built pre-merger, so not surprised it has been among the last to be renovated. I also enjoy the more classic look over the awful F club. I am glad to see that in some of DL's newer lounges they are bringing back more wood and rich colors.
Xeno, photojojo and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used to like the MSP C SC but when I was there in April it was awful. There was a badly stocked temporary bar in the seating area, damaged furniture, ripped carpet, broken outlets and subpar food stations. I left quickly and went to the Escape Lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
I love the styling of the old PMNW clubs. The ones at DTW always seemed inviting to me.

Now meanwhile over at MSP, the newest Delta SC is probably my least favorite in the system. Last time I was there all the bathrooms were all broken and the food offerings are usually below average. Power ports and seating areas are scarce. Just an overall bad design & not the nicest bunch of club agents either.

IIRC, isn't the PMNW club at ORD still retaining its classic styling?

Last edited by Saab_Redondo_1987; Jul 12, 2022 at 2:55 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saab_Redondo_1987
I love the styling of the old PMNW clubs. The ones at DTW always seemed inviting to me.

Now meanwhile over at MSP, the newest Delta SC is probably my least favorite in the system. Last time I was there all the bathrooms were all broken and the food offerings are usually below average. Power ports and seating areas are scarce. Just an overall bad design & not the nicest bunch of club agents either.

IIRC, isn't the PMNW club at ORD still retaining its classic styling?
ORD club won't be around much longer with DL moving to T5 on Sep 9th where there will be a new, much larger consolidated Skyteam club -- Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
ORD club won't be around much longer with DL moving to T5 on Sep 9th where there will be a new, much larger consolidated Skyteam club -- Delta Terminal 5 ORD - Remodel Consolidated Threads
Hooray for a decent SkyTeam lounge in T5. The Swissport Lounge is the worst lounge in the world.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Beckles
There are a lot of SkyClubs I haven't been to, where are the 'particularly "luxurious"' ones I'm missing out on?
Atl terminal F and LAX have an outdoor deck. LGA just opened a nice lounge too. BOS is expanding one of their clubs. It should be nice.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Beckles
There are a lot of SkyClubs I haven't been to, where are the 'particularly "luxurious"' ones I'm missing out on?
Atl terminal F and LAX have an outdoor deck. LGA just opened a nice lounge too. BOS is expanding one of their clubs. It should be nice.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Ugh. Just visited MSP C for the first time in a few years. Gross gross gross. I take back my previous comment about the classic look. This place was just run down, packed full of people and kind of dirty. There were trays piled high with dirty dishes, a broken toilet covered with a trash bag in the men's room and the hot food area was a mess, with lots of food gone and not replenished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.