Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival access to SkyClubs restored!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM+DM, AA PP, Marriott Titanium
Arrival access to SkyClubs restored!

Just got an email saying that Delta has heard our feedback and arrival access to SkyClubs has been restored. Great to see this!
Spiff, Boraxo, cmd320 and 3 others like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wow, it's true. I just found the email in "promotions" in gmail.
anotherATLelite and cmd320 like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amazing that I didn't even know we had it until it was gone. But now that I know, I'm happy that it's back.
dhuey and kale73 like this.

Programs: DL DM/MM
WOW! Who knew that our voices actually matter! So happy about this revision!
Old May 12, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
no email here - can anyone post a screenshot?
Old May 12, 2022, 8:21 am

This says something quite important about Delta. They listen and are willing to go back on a policy.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
This can't be FT. There is way too much happiness here.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ekozie
no email here - can anyone post a screenshot?
both screenshot and cut-and-paste were posted in the other thread (which I pinged the mods to update the title to reflect the update): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post34243581
ekozie likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Good this was the right move to make. It's not something I use all the time there have been plenty of times where I take an early morning flight and jump into the SkyClub for 15 minutes after arriving to have a coffee and change into whatever I need to be wearing for the client site -- that behavior certainly wasn't the thing driving overcrowding so this reversal is entirely appropriate.

SSF556 and travelingdrsuz like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Still working from the Richard Anderson playbook: Take away as much as you think you can get away with, and then take more, and put it out there. Then, you can dribble small things back and claim that you are "improving" or "listening to passengers feedback", even though things are much worse than they used to be.
dw, hockeystl, shoodawg and 7 others like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Daze
Still working from the Richard Anderson playbook: Take away as much as you think you can get away with, and then take more, and put it out there. Then, you can dribble small things back and claim that you are "improving" or "listening to passengers feedback", even though things are much worse than they used to be.
Ah. Back to "normal" FT already.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: DL - PM (demoted with Amex waiver increase) and 1 MM
They must have realized it would not have alleviated overcrowding enough relative to the level of noise of the complaints. I hate to be cynical, but we should expect another policy change to address the overcrowding. We should be prepared that the next proposal will make practical sense even if we don't like it.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Now deal with the real issue: who gets access and at what price.
Boraxo, chica, DrMilano and 1 others like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
This is excellent news. Very very happy.

There is an overcrowding issue - I agree with the time limit and would like to limit guests too. Arrival makes absolutely no sense.
bescobar and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Daze
I'm surprised they didn't put the change in place and then a few months later send out an email retracting the arrival change (or even retracting it but with some limitations like it was only available after redeyes or for first class customers) and mkaing it sound like an enhancement like they did when they got all the complaints about the gordons and then a few months later put in different alcohol that was a lot better than Gordon's (and with the exception of the DuNord garbage they are serving on board now that isn't hard to do) but not as good of quality as pre-Gordon's and saying it was an enhancement.

I would have been happy if it they would have just allowed access after a redeye. Lounges aren't at capacity early morning usually and if it's afternoon and a lounge has a wait people aren't going to wait in line to use the bathroom and get a cup of coffee.
Synapseturquoise likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.