Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival access to SkyClubs restored!

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks Delta
Old May 15, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
My mistake, I don't have the DL (or UA) cards. Thanks for the clarification. Though to further clarify my JPM Reserve is a full UC membership I can bring all of my immediate family members gratis.

If anything, though, the Amex restrictions further supports my point. Chase UA card admits entire families and yet UA lounges do not generally have waiting lines (esp. now that all have re-opened). Contrast to the millions of Amex Plat cardholders which continue to fill DL and Amex lounges to the brim. I can't even access the waitlist for the Amex SFO lounge due to a long line to get to the lounge dragon!

Again I don't have a DL horse but I'd be happy to wager on cause and effect. And it's not the arrivals...
I still don't really see any support for your point, or maybe I'm just not understanding it. Those millions of Amex Plat cardholders can't access the clubs unless they're flying DL. So since UA is a crappy airline (albeit in a good alliance) with crappy clubs and a crappy credit card, nobody bothers. I mean, how DARE Amex and Delta offer a good partnership that people want to use? And it's not like they're offering it at a meaningfully lower price than the competition. Another point, a lot of the crowding complaints seem to blame large families, it's worth noting that they're not getting in on an Amex Platinum (without paying $39/guest), those would likely have to be the executive members, either paying full freight or top-tier redeeming their choice benefits.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, AAdvantage, Hilton/Hyatt/Marriott
Am I reading it right that there is no limitation on time spent on arrival? (using Amex Plat)

Had to change a positioning flight and I’m now facing a 12h layover in ORD…
Old May 17, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Chuvash
Am I reading it right that there is no limitation on time spent on arrival? (using Amex Plat)

Had to change a positioning flight and I’m now facing a 12h layover in ORD…
If your connection is on Delta the three hour rule doesn't apply anyway, but there is no time limit on arrival and they really wouldn't have anyway of enforcing it since you're already in the club.

If you have a ten hour layover I'd just take CTA into city for the day. Ten hours is a long time to spend in the skyclub.
Old May 17, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, AAdvantage, Hilton/Hyatt/Marriott
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If your connection is on Delta the three hour rule doesn't apply anyway, but there is no time limit on arrival and they really wouldn't have anyway of enforcing it since you're already in the club.

If you have a ten hour layover I'd just take CTA into city for the day. Ten hours is a long time to spend in the skyclub.
Thank you. I’m connecting on QR so I’d use it on arrival only.

I would go downtown but unfortunately I have back to back calls all day, so this perk comes in very handy.

At least I’ll be that guy shouting EBITDA multiples loudly to sound important
Old May 18, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
It also offers access to the SC compared to the UC, which is a big difference in my opinion. I have the united club card because it's free for me, but if there were a situation where I could choose SC or UC, I would always choose SC. And I'm pretty sure there's consensus on this point. I don't view the UC as much better than sitting at a bar in the airport. Though I do agree, centurion lounge obviously beats all (except maybe in SEA).
The new 'headhouse' SkyClub at LAX is competitive but the LAX TBIT Star Alliance Lounge remains my overall favorite in the U.S. If Delta had made the new SkyClub's outdoor Sky Deck as nice and as spacious as the corresponding outdoor terrace at the *A Lounge (including the fire pits!), I'd go with the SkyClub.

Otherwise I agree.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Chuvash
Thank you. I’m connecting on QR so I’d use it on arrival only.

I would go downtown but unfortunately I have back to back calls all day, so this perk comes in very handy.

At least I’ll be that guy shouting EBITDA multiples loudly to sound important

Just put in your airpods and walk around talking really loudly, confusing as many people as possible when they think you're saying something to them near the buffet, or when they're in the bathroom.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kale73
The new 'headhouse' SkyClub at LAX is competitive but the LAX TBIT Star Alliance Lounge remains my overall favorite in the U.S. If Delta had made the new SkyClub's outdoor Sky Deck as nice and as spacious as the corresponding outdoor terrace at the *A Lounge (including the fire pits!), I'd go with the SkyClub.

Otherwise I agree.
Yup - that outside deck does seem pretty small for LA, where the weather is almost always conducive.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yup - that outside deck does seem pretty small for LA, where the weather is almost always conducive.
I thought the same thing. It is a little small, but its really great for plane watching. I take the red eye home from LAX at least once a month and am "that guy" I get to the club about 5 hours before the flight and am crazy productive wrapping up administrative stuff, etc before my flight. I will miss not being allowed to do that any more outside of 3 hours. I only do this for red eyes and only at LAX and SFO.

It's such a first world, diva issue for me, but I will miss it. I am glad they restored the arrival access.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Arrival access for Lifetime members restored!

"Hi .......,

Thank you for contacting the Delta Sky Club. The new policy does not apply to the Lifetime member.

Thank you for your loyalty to Delta Air Lines.

Kind Regards,

Delta Sky Club Service Center
Old May 23, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Credit to Delta for listening to its stakeholder customers.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Arrival access for Lifetime members restored!

"Hi .......,

Thank you for contacting the Delta Sky Club. The new policy does not apply to the Lifetime member.

Kind Regards,

As I understand, arrival access was restored for all.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I assume the email means that the three hour limit before departure doesn't apply to lifetime members.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I should have been a bit clearer that my inquiry was regarding three hours prior to departure. Here is the email exchange: Hi .......

Kind Regards,

Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2022 12:55 PM
To: Delta, SkyClubServiceCenter <[email protected]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Three hour time change for Lifetime Members?

This message is from an EXTERNAL SENDER - be CAUTIOUS, particularly with links and attachments.

Hello,

I recently read about the access policy change for Delta SkyClubs to three hours prior to departure.

I also noted some members are exempt like 360 members.

Are those that purchased a Lifetime Delta SkyClub Membership also exempt from this three hour policy?
Old May 25, 2022, 3:03 pm

The food line at JFK today stretched at least 50 people deep, passing the soda machine on the other side of the bar. This isn’t a lounge, it’s a stressful cafeteria. They really need to do something to get these crowds under control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.