Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Response from Delay/Cancellation Verification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold

Two weeks ago, our DL flight was delayed and rescheduled for the following day due to mechanical issues. Since the flight was booked on our CSR, we were able to take advantage of the trip delay insurance for the overnight hotel and expenses. Upon returning, I filed a request on DL's website for the delay/cancellation verification for trip insurance, but it's been almost 2 weeks and I still have not heard anything from them (I even filed the request twice). When I called DL's customer service, the only thing they can tell me is wait as they don't have access to those documents.

Does anyone know what is the turnaround time on these documents? And is there another way to obtain them?

Thanks,
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
In January I got it within a couple of days for an Atlanta cancellation... I requested one on Easter Monday for another issue; and still have not gotten it either - so we are in the same boat.
Old May 16, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Just got mine today for Easter Monday delay. When did you get yours?
Old May 16, 2022, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Just got mine today for Easter Monday delay. When did you get yours?
Got mine 5 minutes ago. Came to update the post but looks like you beat me to it. Thanks for the update and good luck with the insurance claim!
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: DL FO
Any recent data points on how long it's taking to get delay/cancellation verification emails?

I've been waiting over a month for a cancellation verification letter from Delta.
I submitted the form, waited two weeks, and then called to see if it was possible to check on the status of the letter.
The person I spoke with said she could see the request I submitted, but it was listed as completed, meaning I should have received the emailed letter by then.
She was unable to view or resend the letter, but insisted that it had been processed, so if I was missing it, the only option was to resubmit. She said that it should be processed within a few days.

Two weeks later, still no email from Delta. I called back, and the rep was unable to provide any more information or assistance, saying they have no way to contact the back office team that handles these letters, and that "they're probably very backed up."
The only option presented to me was to keep waiting...

Lightly frustrating that more people don't have the ability to generate these "letters" as in the past, they're pretty bare bones - just containing flight/ticket information, and a "reason for cancellation"
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
i requested one on March 6, 2022 (for weather diversion resulting in overnight stay) and received response yesterday on June 25th---called Diamond Line on March 13th and received separate verification which i used for travel insurance claim. Laughed when i saw the reply yesterday to my March 6th request. So from my experience, DL is running 110 days to respond!

This is one area where DOT has failed consumers miserably--with today's technology, there is zero excuse for carriers not sending reason for delay or cancellation within 24 hours--especially when they all encourage consumers to purchase travel insurance! Doesn't do a lot of good to purchase insurance if carriers refuse to timely verify reason for cancellation or extended delays.
Bensky13 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Oh wow I just posted this same topic. I've also waited a month for mine - and I do not even have a confirmation number. The form submission doesn't give me confidence that a human is really going to look at this.

I am only a DL Gold so if I call the Gold line would I be able to get a verification?

This feels crazy.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I've found that - sometimes - using screenshots of Flightaware, weather, and other web sites - or even photos of the airport/gate if necessary - can be used in lieu of a formal letter.
(predicting 900 people will tell me I'm wrong, but I was able to get an Allianz claim paid - a month ago - within six days using this technique - airfare, hotel, and show tickets)
I flooded them with everything I could find.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by lindros2
I've found that - sometimes - using screenshots of Flightaware, weather, and other web sites - or even photos of the airport/gate if necessary - can be used in lieu of a formal letter.
(predicting 900 people will tell me I'm wrong, but I was able to get an Allianz claim paid - a month ago - within six days using this technique - airfare, hotel, and show tickets)
I flooded them with everything I could find.
Handy tip thanks and I'll definitely use in the future if i'm nearing the date where I can no longer submit. Right now i got the letter this morning. What a coincidence the day after I post about it! Or - thank you random Delta lurker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.