Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
Same here, I will be flying JFK-ATH in PS next weekend on an A330-900neo and then on the return portion AMS-DTW in PS on an equipment swap out to an A330-300 that used to be an A350-900. Paid up to PS on the outbound for $350 and the same on the way back. I'm over 6'-3" and last time I flew PS AMS-DTW on the A350-900, it was worth it for the extra space and the foot rest, especially at the bulkhead. I'll be interested to see the "enhancements" that are supposed to be rolling out on 20 Sept.

Will report when I get back.
At 6'3" was the bulkhead good enough on the 330? For me I find the 6'3" easier to accommodate than the size 14 shoes at bulkheads generally.
boss315 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts
At 6'3" was the bulkhead good enough on the 330? For me I find the 6'3" easier to accommodate than the size 14 shoes at bulkheads generally.
The only problem I have on the A350 and A339 is that the forward galleys do not have curtains and it's fluorescent lights are blinding into Row 1
zmb likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
We're thinking of trying PS on a 763 in March. Windows don't matter so the center pair are fine. We're thinking that the bulkhead is best. We only have carry-ons so we'd need stpce in the overhead for an Int'l suitcase and a backpack for each of us. We can both sleep comfortably reclined and don't need lie flats.

Two big benefits appear to be aisle access for both and no one in front reclining into us. What are the negatives?

It's a short trip, JFK-LIS-JFK, but we have firm commitments and don't want to non-rev with a possibility of ending up in Main Cabin.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:03 pm

I flew DL's premium select a few years ago shortly after the product was rolled out, and while I was happy with the soft product, the seat itself was not good for me because its recline was only marginally better than economy and certainly not enough for sleeping (my main criterion is seat recline).

Is this still true, on a A330-300 4-class with 2-3-2 configuration, rows 20-22, to be exact? (I can't find information on degrees of seat recline on delta.com for Y vs. PS for comparison.)
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
We're thinking of trying PS on a 763 in March. Windows don't matter so the center pair are fine. We're thinking that the bulkhead is best. We only have carry-ons so we'd need stpce in the overhead for an Int'l suitcase and a backpack for each of us. We can both sleep comfortably reclined and don't need lie flats.

Two big benefits appear to be aisle access for both and no one in front reclining into us. What are the negatives?

It's a short trip, JFK-LIS-JFK, but we have firm commitments and don't want to non-rev with a possibility of ending up in Main Cabin.
Negative of the bulkhead to me as a large footed person is despite having more knee room than a normal PS seat I think I wouldn't be able to stretch out as much as the normal seat. On the 764 I (size 14) was fine but I don't think the 763 has quite as much extra room for the bulkhead as the 764 does.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle

No, it wasn’t. I am very sad to say that during flight, even after standing up multiple times during flight, I still had to put my feet up (wearing socks) on the bulkhead for a few minutes. That is one thing I mentioned to my wife is that it would have been nice to stretch out under the seat in front even though there is a footrest. I’m changing to the seats behind the bulkhead that I have booked on the return to the seats behind. Will let you know how that is. Woke up many times on the bulkhead aisle to the lady behind me with her feet on my left rear armrest kicked up and enjoying her elevated position.

I will post on the way back about RT PS travel experience TATL. On A330-300 on the way back from AMS-DTW.

Last edited by NWAsilvELITE; Oct 3, 2022 at 2:53 am
Old Oct 8, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
It's been a few years (covid, #$%!@), but when my wife & flew ATL-BCN (9 hrs) PS bulkhead we came away saying the seats were pretty good for that duration and would def use for TATL again. For us, a meal doesn't make a huge difference in flight comfort, it's the seat. Being somewhat rested is WAY more important than how the soup was served. For us, the seat product met that goal. Note that we found using decently-stuffed soft-sided carryons as ottomans in the bulkhead PS seat was a fantastic hack. Though at the time the fare diff I don't recall being the 2x I see now.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:27 am

I don't fly too often but recently flew PS from CDG to ATL. What really annoyed me was the pacing of the meal service. We did have a glass of Prosecco and sort of a cheese straw appetizer? but about 5 minutes later here comes the meal - no pre-dinner wine or cocktail. No bread or crackers with the meal - a horrid cold lentil salad. Also no follow up offer of more wine. For such a long flight, what's the rush? The pre-landing snack was totally inedible. Quite disappointed in current PS operation.
satellite779 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
I flew PS from SEA-AMS on October 12. (A330-900) I had seat 20H . . bulkhead aisle. This was my first experience in Premium Select.

A few comments:

(1) It certainly is a more "civilized" experience than the horror of long-haul cattle class. It's kind of a "poor man's business class".
(2) The recline seemed generous.
(3) The foot rests weren't particularly friendly to my 6-foot tall body; I flipped down the "90 degree angle" at the bottom of it.
(4) The meals left much to be desired; I was not impressed. See pics here of the main meal served shortly after departure (chicken with a few roasted vegetables, and a cold quinoa [?] "salad"), and then the pre-arrival breakfast (a bland egg and cheese English muffin sandwich and 8 pieces of fruit). In terms of caloric content, they might be compared to a POW camp meal.
(5) It's kind of a long walk to the lavs; many in PS "cheated" and went forward to use the D1 lavs and the FAs did not seem to care, but if you "follow the rules" and head aftwards, it's a hike.

Last edited by andrewk829; Oct 13, 2022 at 6:14 pm
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by andrewk829
I flew PS from SEA-AMS on October 12. I had seat 20H . . bulkhead aisle. This was my first experience in Premium Select.

A few comments:

(1) It certainly is a more "civilized" experience than the horror of long-haul cattle class. It's kind of a "poor man's business class".
(2) The recline seemed generous.
(3) The foot rests weren't particularly friendly to my 6-foot tall body; I flipped down the "90 degree angle" at the bottom of it.
(4) The meals left much to be desired; I was not impressed. See pics here of the main meal served shortly after departure (chicken with a few roasted vegetables, and a cold quinoa [?] "salad"), and then the pre-arrival breakfast (a bland egg and cheese English muffin sandwich and 8 pieces of fruit). In terms of caloric content, they might be compared to a POW camp meal.
(5) It's kind of a long walk to the lavs; many in PS "cheated" and went forward to use the D1 lavs and the FAs did not seem to care, but if you "follow the rules" and head aftwards, it's a hike.

Which body aircraft?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Which body aircraft?
A330-900; just edied my post to reflect that
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:18 pm
Original Member

Hmm, think I'm going to request Kosher on an upcoming DTW-CDG...that dinner doesn't look very good.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:21 am

How was the legroom in 20H?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by andrewk829
A330-900; just edied my post to reflect that
How is the leg/foot room for tall people in the PS bulkhead on that plane? It's good on the 767-400 but it seems on all other planes its much less.

Originally Posted by jamiel
Hmm, think I'm going to request Kosher on an upcoming DTW-CDG...that dinner doesn't look very good.
Aren't the kosher meals usually pretty bad because with all the rules it is easier to just put out some junk rather than give it any thought?
Skicruiser58 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:15 pm

So, what if the airplane is changed?
Is premium select bumped to economy, or up to business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.