Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by doubleA
How are the blankets? The photo you copypasta'd has the old Westin branded label on the corner. Delta ones alright?
I only used the blanket on the return (ICN-MSP) but it decent especially since the return flight got cool at times. I used the pillow as lumbar support for my lower back.

Originally Posted by ND76
When we went in D1 DTW-AMS and AMS-ATL last month, the duvet and pillow came in a zippered cloth bag labeled "Delta Coz-Z-Z. We'll see what it looks like in the premium cabin in a few weeks.

I would also add in response to ATOBTTR's* post, the seats in the A350 PS cabin look very much like the seats in domestic F on the A321.
The PS Seats also remind me of the F seats on the A220 series (minus the legrests).

Originally Posted by ND76
*Great homage to Marty Brennaman.
Thanks. (not that it gets said as often as of late - hah).
boss315 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
DL Premium Select inflight service LAX - SYD 3 Nov 2022

Hi everyone,

I had a great flight LAX - SYD on 3 Nov 2022, seated in 22-D. I reserved the ticket months ago during a Flash Sale and was able to ticket Denver to Sydney in main cabin, via SLC and LAX, for 70,000 Sky Miles roundtrip. I then used a Diamond Global Upgrade certificate to confirm space in Premium Select with a Waitlist to Delta One on day of departure (which didn't clear; this flight left the gate with zero seats open in any cabin).

Service on LAX-SYD was friendly with frequent passing by of FAs throughout the flight. IFE worked fine, seats on the A350-900 basically a domestic First seat with the addition of the footrest feature (although not quite as wide as domestic First, but noticeably wider than international main cabin).

I've read the meal service comments on here, and on this flight it was the somewhat upgraded version compared to during the Pandemic, but not back to where it was before. Very shortly after takeoff there was a quick service with the prepackaged cold towel and the "Bubbles and Bites" (a quick service of prosecco and snack packet).

The main difference is during the first meal service: linen tray cloth, metal flatware, real glasses for the drinks. The entree choice on the first meal included 2 of the Delta One entree choices on the same flight, but plated on disposable plates (an odd combo with the drink glasses and silverware!). Only the entree was "enhanced"; the salad and dessert were apparently the same from main cabin. The mid flight snack and pre arrival breakfast were both apparently the same as main cabin, and the only time glass or real flatware were used is the first meal. Overall, fine and friendly inflight service; seating way better than the main cabin or Comfort + experience, and an upgraded first meal. Tomorrow I'm doing the reverse routing heading home and anticipate a similar enjoyable flight.

Pics here are the online PS entree menu, Bubbles and Bites, first break, midflight snack, pre arrival meal.

CO-PLAT, Synapseturquoise and VFR like this.

Last edited by Colomike; Nov 13, 2022 at 1:26 pm
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:40 am

I'm trying to book PS for an overnight flight from ATL-MAD in Sept 2023. The seat map shows PS but it doesn't allow me to book at purchase. Is Delta only allowing these to be upgraded after purchase? I called and the agent offered no help other than the seats exist and they are currently empty but not for sale at this time.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
It could be that they're planning on swapping the plane for one without PS?
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by TAP_GA
I'm trying to book PS for an overnight flight from ATL-MAD in Sept 2023. The seat map shows PS but it doesn't allow me to book at purchase. Is Delta only allowing these to be upgraded after purchase? I called and the agent offered no help other than the seats exist and they are currently empty but not for sale at this time.
What aircraft type is the seat map showing? All the A330s will have PS by then, and probably most of the B763ERs that are going to be modded will have PS by then also. I doubt that DL has any idea whether that flight will have PS on it as it’s still 10 months away, but the odds are that it will!
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:17 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Does anyone happen to know if the FAs offer to hang your coat in DPS, as they do in D1 & domestic F? Trying to decide how best to pack to travel with a bulky winter coat on an upcoming trip.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
They do not!
bgriff likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:34 am

I wouldn't expect them to. There is no dedicated FA for PS anymore, so you will essentially be treated as someone who is not in D1. You can of course certainly ask if they can hang your coat. Also, since the PS cabin is not very dense and you get priority boarding there should be a lot of open overhead bin space for a coat.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:42 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Thanks both. Yeah there will likely be overhead bin space, although it's on a 767 so the bins can get a bit tight. I was debating checking a bag and possibly putting my coat in the checked bag, so that is also an option (with some associated risk of course).
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Any feedback on PS on the SEA-HND run? I used to fly DeltaOne pre-pandemic, but with ticket prices nowadays, the price of PS is pretty close to D1 previously.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Thanks both. Yeah there will likely be overhead bin space, although it's on a 767 so the bins can get a bit tight. I was debating checking a bag and possibly putting my coat in the checked bag, so that is also an option (with some associated risk of course).
the bins on the middle row on the 767 are too small, you cannot get a regular carry on inside, only a back pack.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hikouki
Any feedback on PS on the SEA-HND run? I used to fly DeltaOne pre-pandemic, but with ticket prices nowadays, the price of PS is pretty close to D1 previously.
If you are doing longer trips, DL has 14 day min stay fares for YVR-HND for about $3.5K USD roundtrip (after currency conversion).
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:10 am

I booked a PS seat on November 4th going from BOS to FCO (Rome, Italy) with no problems for June 2023. Make sure you are within the 330 days Delta policy for booking international flight.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by xliioper
If you are doing longer trips, DL has 14 day min stay fares for YVR-HND for about $3.5K USD roundtrip (after currency conversion).
I'm looking at last week of January to sometime in Feb. Website is giving me $8-9K!
Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hikouki
I'm looking at last week of January to sometime in Feb. Website is giving me $8-9K!
From YVR? As I stated, the fares have a 14 day minimum stay requirement. If you don't meet that, you won't see them. There is also a 60 day advance purchase requirement which means the closest in you will be able to purchase them at this point is the end of January/early February. Further, the fares are limited to mid-week departures and returns (they won't be bookable for weekend departures/returns). DL might have refiled fares as they are now $3.66K instead of $3.5K, but not too different.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 1, 2022 at 9:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.