Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRJ-200 Exit Row - extra legroom?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

CRJ-200 Exit Row - extra legroom?

I'm flying FWA to MSP next week. Delta lists the plane as "CRJ" with 13 rows - they provide no info on which model CRJ. I think it is probably a CRJ-200. Delta's seat selection chart describes the exit row seats, row 8, as "preferred exit row" with "extra legroom" and available as an upgrade for an extra $24.99 over the standard seats. However, Seatguru says row 8, although an exit row, has the same legroom as the other rows. Anyone know for sure whether there is extra legroom like Delta claims?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
If there is, it's barely noticeable.
bloc0102 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
There is not. The ONLY place with "extra" legroom would be 1B/1C - the bulkhead itself is tight but you can at least stretch out one leg.
dtwtransport and bloc0102 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
There is not. The ONLY place with "extra" legroom would be 1B/1C - the bulkhead itself is tight but you can at least stretch out one leg.
Strongly disagree as to legroom; there are at least two additional inches of pitch. This is why DL considers them to be premium. However, the seat padding is terrible.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Strongly disagree as to legroom; there are at least two additional inches of pitch. This is why DL considers them to be premium. However, the seat padding is terrible.
Normally another advantage to exit row is that the row in front cannot recline into you. I assume this is true for the CRJ-200.

BTW, when DL writes CRJ, they mean CRJ-200. Otherwise, it's CR7 = CRJ-700 and CR( = CRJ-900.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
These are my go-to on the CR2. I can usually angle and get both feet past the bulkhead, just have to move them if the FA needs to go into the cabin, but most of my CR2 flights have not had any service.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Agreed. I was in 1A and I'm not the tallest person but a large person sat in 1B. I was very glad for those extra 2 inches or else I would've cramped up in the 45 minute hop.

Last edited by physicsdude; Apr 7, 2022 at 9:08 pm Reason: I need to start proof reading my posts because I have too many typing mistakes
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
You do get free adult beverages in row 1 to make up for the lack of legroom.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have never gotten a tape measure out, but I do not think the exit row on the CRJ-200 has any extra legroom. I agree with others that I usually like 1B. I also find that 1C/D are usually blocked for passengers with disabilities who require the first row, and it seems the agents never bother to release those at the gate off the C+ list, so it is often easy to ask the FA if you can take 1C to have the row to yourself (if there is someone in 1A).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.