Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Inflight service inconvenience bonus miles

Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Got home from a disastrous Vegas trip tonight and I thought to check my numbers since I am sooooo close to gold (good or bad) and saw 5000 miles deposited into my account. The video monitor was being a little cranky during the safety briefing so the great FA's had to do it old school. I wasn't expecting anything as the video screens worked the rest of the flight. Seeing the little bump made me a little happier after a less than fun trip.

Last edited by ryandc99; Oct 24, 2021 at 9:15 am Reason: Mod Note:Removed offensive Comment.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Milesaway76
Got home from a disastrous Vegas trip tonight and I thought to check my numbers since I am sooooo close to gold (good or bad) and saw 5000 miles deposited into my account. The video monitor was being a little cranky during the safety briefing so the great FA's had to do it old school. I wasn't expecting anything as the video screens worked the rest of the flight. Seeing the little bump made me a little happier after a less than fun trip.
My screen was broken for a 2-hour flight. I got 2,500 SM.
Milesaway76 and N830MH like this.

Last edited by ryandc99; Oct 24, 2021 at 9:11 am Reason: cleanup
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM
You do realize that those miles do not count toward status, I assume? (You say you are close to Gold and were happy to see the miles)
DiverDave and pmadden like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
You do realize that those miles do not count toward status, I assume? (You say you are close to Gold and were happy to see the miles)
I think OP was explaining why they looked at their account so soon, not that they necessarily expected them to be elite-qualifying.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Milesaway76
I received one last night too. They did not have the old fashioned Tip Top cocktails, just the margarita and negroni. I tried the margarita, was not a fan and stopped after a couple sips. The nice flight attendant asked how it was, I said it was not my favorite so he brought me 2 Woodfords. I signed into wifi an hour later and noticed a 15k Skymiles service inconvenience bonus. Was not expecting anything, especially not that many miles for an absent beverage choice, but it was definitely appreciated! There was also some turbulence on the flight and a weather delay, but those are not a service failure and were out of Delta's control.
Kerrirdh and Milesaway76 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
I think OP was explaining why they looked at their account so soon, not that they necessarily expected them to be elite-qualifying.
Yes, thatd be correct.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:59 am

Received 15,000 miles for in service inconvenience on SJC-ATL on Thursday. They were out of my choice for entree. Quite surprised to see the bonus posted within a few minutes of arriving in ATL
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was on a three hour DL (mainline) flight recently where someone had failed to load any movies onto the AVOD system. This was known by the crew from about an hour before the inbound flight's departure (to my originating airport), yet noting was done to try to remedy this or to announce it until puzzled passengers told FAs that the system didn't seem to be working (blank screen), People could have downloaded movies in advance in the lounge or gate area if this had been known before departure. Very frustrating, and no apology/no miles.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I was on a three hour DL (mainline) flight recently where someone had failed to load any movies onto the AVOD system. This was known by the crew from about an hour before the inbound flight's departure (to my originating airport), yet noting was done to try to remedy this or to announce it until puzzled passengers told FAs that the system didn't seem to be working (blank screen), People could have downloaded movies in advance in the lounge or gate area if this had been known before departure. Very frustrating, and no apology/no miles.
I would have expected something - maybe you need to ask.
I got 15,000 miles for an aisle armrest that didn't stay up on a 767-400 D1.
The purser tried to get it to work and he told me he was giving me the miles.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
More often I get told I will get these and they never appear in my account due to something like a screen failure.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I got 12.5k for my AVOD not working on a 763 in D1 recently for JFK - SFO. Asked them to reset the system 3 or 4 times but the screen was FUBAR and you couldn't actually click on anything or select anything. After the 3rd or 4th time the FA came over and processed an inconvenience bonus on the spot with whatever their handheld device is.

He was able to pull up my seat number, select the issue, and press a button and the computer came up with an inconvenience number and they were in my account immediately. Pretty good service recovery and thankfully I had pre-downloaded some content on my iPad anyway since I'm always wary of the 763 D1 AVOD so ended up just watching my iPad
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
Mid-2019 while seated in First on a JFK-DFW the FA accidentally spilled a beverage on the passenger next to me and they were given 25,000 miles as an apology. I was in the splash zone (didn't get too much on me) and got 5,000 miles. Neither of us asked for it, so it was a nice surprise when it was offered.

Also December 2021 I was flying JFK-SFO on a paid D1 ticket with a family member. I specifically booked a flight on a 767-400 because I really love the new interior they have. I was upset to find that about 30 minutes prior to boarding there was an equipment change to a much older 767-300 which the interior had certainly seen better days. As far as I could tell from FlightRadar, the plane we were originally taking was parked a few gates down, perhaps some kind of mechanical issue. It was the last flight to SFO that night and I didn't really feel like sleeping in JFK for the next -400 flight out in the morning. I was pretty bummed since it was my travel companion's first time flying D1 and I wanted to make it a memorable experience with the new-ish cabins. Upon landing, I wrote a quick and pretty friendly note to Delta expressing my frustration with such a last minute equipment change. I know it was a silly thing to get annoyed about. Anyway, a few weeks later they wrote back apologizing along with 30,000 miles (15k each) which I appreciated.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:57 pm

Not sure why the crew wouldnt partner with the Gate Agent to make an announcement to set expectations (really helps improve the tone on the flight for something FAs obviously cant control). Apology is the bare minimum they could have done. But they are not supposed to provide compensation onboard when IFE issues impact more than 20 pax. They should have written up to the customer care team who would proactively compensate the whole flight.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Flyer0889
Not sure why the crew wouldnt partner with the Gate Agent to make an announcement to set expectations (really helps improve the tone on the flight for something FAs obviously cant control). Apology is the bare minimum they could have done. But they are not supposed to provide compensation onboard when IFE issues impact more than 20 pax. They should have written up to the customer care team who would proactively compensate the whole flight.
When I say no apology, I mean that none of the FAs even said "I'm sorry."
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:21 am

When I say no apology, I mean that none of the FAs even said "I'm sorry."
sorry, I totally got that from your post - I was trying to say they could have at least apologized.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.