Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Canceled KLM positioning flight on Delta itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canceled KLM positioning flight on Delta itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by altabello
Thanks for the heads up, the "not possible" seems to be the standard line. At some point, they tried to reroute me to Santiago instead of SLC, so I gave up on KLM and tried to rebook through Delta, which isn't going totally smooth, either. As for vouchers, where and when do I ask? On the first flight, before the overnight? Or in AMS? Would it be best to book a certain airport hotel to increase my chances? If we didn't go a day earlier, we wouldn't be able to get home after the TATL
Just because you wanted to fly a day earlier doesn't entitle you to a hotel. If they could fly you from origin/destination on ticket same day is all that matters.

If this is a 074 ticket, DL shouldn't be touching it. If it is 006, then KLM really shouldn't be touching it.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
It does sound like you negotiated a re-routing that included a flight a day earlier, when there might have been other same-day options.

In which case they wouldn't owe you a hotel and meals.

If timing allows, I'd go for the downtown experience over an airport hotel.

Adam1222 likes this.

Last edited by Goodoldflyer; Mar 29, 2022 at 6:07 am
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:40 am

I was supposed to fly Delta Boston to Amsterdam then KLM to Milan next week, and they canceled the flight to Milan . KLM “fixed it”…now flying AF to CDG then on to Milan. Lost my premium select seats both ways and have a two hour connection in Paris. What a mess!
altabello likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
I was supposed to fly Delta Boston to Amsterdam then KLM to Milan next week, and they canceled the flight to Milan . KLM “fixed it”…now flying AF to CDG then on to Milan. Lost my premium select seats both ways and have a two hour connection in Paris. What a mess!
If you paid for PS seats, shouldn’t you be in AF’s Premium Economy cabin?
ijgordon and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:57 am

I am in PE but Delta’s premium select is way better than AF PE. I had premium select coming home too, and that is also changed to PE on Delta.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:05 am

Just remember, the most important part is getting there. What's wrong with a two hour connection in Paris?
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:10 am

Too short? I land ther at 6 a.m. and am hoping there won’t be any delays !
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by altabello
KLM canceled our positioning flight to AMS, so in order to make our TATL on Delta, we need to get to AMS the day before. How do I go about reserving a hotel and meal vouchers, so expenses will later get reimbursed? Are there limits or specific hotels? Thanks
This is one of those "never let a crisis go to waste" situations. Delta should be willing to give you what you want in terms of rescheduling, either earlier or later than your booked day of travel. Can you fly home from an alternate airport, or through a different hub? I've gotten TATL upgrades from Y to the former "business elite" cabin by doing a different route or day of departure.

Let us know how this works out for you.
altabello likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL
After a long night of messaging and no sleep, I finally got an agent on the phone this morning (this will be huge cell phone bill...). Any rerouting would have ended up NOT being in C+ with adjacent seats, or with more layovers, so we'll end up paying for the hotel in AMS. GRRRR! After I fixed it with the phone agent, the messaging service changed it again, so it's not one PNR anymore, and we'll have to get the luggage and re-check it in the morning. I can't believe they did that, without asking me!!! I have lost my confidence to believe in a successful journey.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I am in PE but Delta’s premium select is way better than AF PE. I had premium select coming home too, and that is also changed to PE on Delta.
HUH? PS is what DL calls its PE.
FabCW likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:25 am

DL’s Premium Select is the equivalent product to AF’s Premium Economy. In fact, AF was a pioneer airline in popularizing this “in-between” cabin. Although the seat is in a fixed shell on AF (and some flyers don’t like that—personally I do like it), the overall experience is very comparable.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:28 am

I thought premium select was better than comfort plus. I hope I like it too!
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
That is plenty of time at CDG.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 12:51 pm

Too short? I land ther at 6 a.m. and am hoping there won’t be any delays !

I think that's enough time, and often (but not always) the flights from the U.S. get there early.
Barrheadlass and FabCW like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I thought premium select was better than comfort plus. I hope I like it too!
Yes it is. PS is a higher cabin class than C+ (which technically is part of the coach cabin on flights, not an area separated by curtains or walls on most aircraft.
Barrheadlass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.