Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Rebooked 21 hrs before departure due to non-change schedule change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold

We were booked DCA-ATL-LIR tomorrow at 8:15am, confirmed in comfort+ both legs. An hour ago, we received texts and emails saying that our DCA-ATL flight had been moved to noon and we would be rebooked.
We were auto rebooked onto 6am departure, seats in main cabin not next to each other. But now I check and the original flight remains on time, with seats for sale...except our seats have been grabbed by others. So if we switch back, it's the same separate seats in main cabin option.
Seems like some IT snafu? Or perhaps there was an equipment change that led them to boot us (a DM and a PM)? Any thoughts?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tomorrow's DL560 looks to currently be on time. There have been several equipment swaps, but they are all A321s https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...tId=1086730845
Today's flight is seriously delayed. Something in system confusing today's flight with tomorrow's?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Tomorrow's DL560 looks to currently be on time. There have been several equipment swaps, but they are all A321s https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...tId=1086730845
Today's flight is seriously delayed. Something in system confusing today's flight with tomorrow's?
Yeah on with them now trying to figure it out. Waking up at 4am for coach seats isn't the end of the world but not ideal and not what we had booked.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flightaware now showing 4 hour arrival delay (even though Flightstats does not) -- https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...225Z/KDCA/KATL
Aircraft is coming from ATL which is getting hit pretty hard with thunderstorms right now.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Flightaware now showing 4 hour arrival delay (even though Flightstats does not) -- https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...225Z/KDCA/KATL
Aircraft is coming from ATL which is getting hit pretty hard with thunderstorms right now.
Thanks. Agent says they're putting a hold on sales via ATL tomorrow (whatever that means), and that flight "will not fly", so I guess we should hope that 6am will! Guess it's a DL.com issue that it was continuing to sell tickets for awhile on our original route (it now isn't)
Old Mar 18, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
That still looks wrong. Flightaware is showing the flight as expected to depart on time at 8:15, but expected to be 4 hours late landing.. Unless planning a tech stop, not possible.

Further, the inbound is only 1-1/2 l;ate tonight. So not even crew rest explains the 4 hours late.

I would strongly suspect DL screwed up internally on this. If I was OP I would keep a VERY tight watch to see if the original flight is on time.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I'm fairly puzzled where Flightaware is getting its data. Neither FLIFO nor Flightstats (nor Flightstats history) shows any delay, and I usually regard the latter as the gold standard of information.

The assigned frame is currently struggling to manage CUN-ATL-DCA to position for RON in DCA. Unclear what the future will hold. DCA was ground stopped earlier today so probably has a backlog to clear.

All of tomorrow's DCA-ATL before DL306 (13:00 STD) are zeroed out in all classes. Based on seatmaps, this is probably real pax.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exwannabe
That still looks wrong. Flightaware is showing the flight as expected to depart on time at 8:15, but expected to be 4 hours late landing.. Unless planning a tech stop, not possible.

Further, the inbound is only 1-1/2 l;ate tonight. So not even crew rest explains the 4 hours late.

I would strongly suspect DL screwed up internally on this. If I was OP I would keep a VERY tight watch to see if the original flight is on time.
Yeah we are definitely sticking on the 6am at this point because even a 90 minute delay would cause a misconnect to the 2nd and final LIR flight of the day. We are least now have exit row seats next to each other for both flights. I will definitely keep an eye to see if there's a letter to DL warranted!
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Not sure where Flyertalk gets their info either, but I find it to be almost reliable. Normally up to date, but my SAT-ATL tomorrow was cancelled by DL - yet shows on schedule on FT.
Its a resource for sure, but not 100%.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Heres what it looks like for tomorrow as of 0102L DCA time.

0600 DL528 - On Time
0710 DL457 - Delayed 2 hours
0815 DL560 - On Time
0915 DL1522 - Canceled
All other flights show On Time

All things considered if the OP was slightly inconvenienced by IROPs to preserve their trip to Costa Rica then I wouldnt raise an issue with DL.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by brkandjfk
Not sure where Flyertalk gets their info either, but I find it to be almost reliable. Normally up to date, but my SAT-ATL tomorrow was cancelled by DL - yet shows on schedule on FT.
It’s a resource for sure, but not 100%.

I think from filed flight plans. They should be updated by fight time, but could lag official announcements for a cancelled flight.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Heres what it looks like for tomorrow as of 0102L DCA time.

0600 DL528 - On Time
0710 DL457 - Delayed 2 hours
0815 DL560 - On Time
0915 DL1522 - Canceled
All other flights show On Time

All things considered if the OP was slightly inconvenienced by IROPs to preserve their trip to Costa Rica then I wouldnt raise an issue with DL.
​​​​​​To be clear, this wouldn't mean that I was slightly inconvenienced to preserve my trip, as my original flights are still proceeding on schedule. Perhaps Delta moved folks from the 815 to make room on that plane for folks on the original 9am.

​​​​​​Not the end of the world, but unusual.

Last edited by Adam1222; Mar 19, 2022 at 3:18 am
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

As an update, the flight we were originally on and got bumped from left on time and landed at ATL 10 minutes early.

Why we were not on it we may never know...
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Adam1222
As an update, the flight we were originally on and got bumped from left on time and landed at ATL 10 minutes early.

Why we were not on it we may never know...
File a DOT complaint? If the flight was full, an airline shouldn't be allowed to avoid VDB/IDB by involuntarily rebooking customers onto different flights for no (other) obvious reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.