Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta eCredit for minor

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Delta eCredit for minor

Hi Folks, I hope someone can give me a good information about this scenario. I booked a premium select delta flight for my wife and a 16 year old kid last year, my 16 year old kid ended up not coming with us, so delta gave an eCredit for my kid worth $2300, I could see it when I login to my kid's delta account. Here are my questions:

Since he is only 16 year old, can I book a flight and use my son's eCredit for myself? If not, can I book a flight and use the eCredit for both of us (me and my kid) ? I'm thinking that because he is still minor, delta will allow me to book and use the eCredit for both of us and if they allow me to do that, does the age rule applies at the time of booking or at the time of travel?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL PM
I’m not sure about using the credit to book only for yourself, but I can confirm you should be able to use it on tickets for the both of you. My wife just used an ecredit in our daughter’s account for cover part of the cost for a reservation including the 2 of them.
El Boocho likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VacationMode
I’m not sure about using the credit to book only for yourself, but I can confirm you should be able to use it on tickets for the both of you. My wife just used an ecredit in our daughter’s account for cover part of the cost for a reservation including the 2 of them.
Thanks for the reply, how old is your daughter when your wife booked the flight, is she 18 years old and up or under 18 years old?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:33 pm

Check the number on the voucher. If it begins with 006054 only he can use it. 006064 anyone booked on the same pnr as him can use it with him.
El Boocho, ryw, FlyerWx and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by SubZero28
Thanks for the reply, how old is your daughter when your wife booked the flight, is she 18 years old and up or under 18 years old?
Only 10, she’ll be a minor long after the flight/ecredit would’ve expired.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Check the number on the voucher. If it begins with 006054 only he can use it. 006064 anyone booked on the same pnr as him can use it with him.
never knew this and it’s good info! Thank you!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

The voucher number starts with 006215, so I don’t know what that means.
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:29 am

006215 is probably an unused DL flight ticket and not a voucher in which case only he can use it. Try calling in and asking them to change it to a 006064 voucher so anyone on the same pnr can use it.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA

Do let us know what happens.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
On Delta.com, when you look at the voucher on the website, you can see if it's "Transferable" or not... if it's "non-transferable", it's only able to be used by the person it's assigned to (your child, in this case).

At least, that's what I've been told and experienced.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
006215 is probably an unused DL flight ticket and not a voucher in which case only he can use it. Try calling in and asking them to change it to a 006064 voucher so anyone on the same pnr can use it.
An unused eticket can't be converted to a voucher. It's an eticket. Viychers and unused etickets both are "ecredits." Thus confusion people have as DL keeps saying your eticket "becomes" an ecredit. There's no such thing as an ecredit, it's simply an overall name for vouchers and unused etickets. AA at least refers to these as different things "flight" and "travel" credit instead of simply as ecredit.

Eticket can only be used by passenger named.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
You dont need to be 18 to book a Delta ticket online, btw. 16 is the minimum age.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.