Wiki Posts
Search

KLM marketed PS on a Delta flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
KLM marketed PS on a Delta flight

So I was looking at KLM for an upcoming flight and noticed that when you search economy flights you can choose premium economy when selecting it. The flight is SEA-AMS and it's on the Delta A330 neo. My question is how would miles be awarded on this flight, since on Delta's partner chart for KLM there is no premium economy listed. Would they just earn what an Air France PE ticket would earn, or would it earn KLM's Full Economy rates?

Also, side question, why does airfrance.com not advertise DL flights that show up on klm.com and delta.com?

Thank You
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
What's the fare class of your flight?

When I looked at KLM-marketed flight on the same route, it was in A class, which appears to earn as if it were discount economy.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you look on EF, you will now see that KL has PE fare filings which book into W/S/A booking classes. The fare basis code will either have a P in second to last letter (similar to DL PE fares), or a ticket designator for dual inventory PE fares (aka TKBX86M2/WNJ5) as there are a number of T/Q/L basis fares which book into A. At some point, KL earn will likely mirror earn on AF W/S/A PE fares. Whether or not backend systems have been updated yet is anyone's guess until someone actually flies on one of these fares.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
KL selling partner W is probably the first step towards KLM to introduce 'real' premium economy so I guess the good news is they'll work all the earning bugs out before their actual hard product goes on sale.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
I asked on Twitter, and the agent looked into it then responded that the website hasn’t been updated, but it would post at the same rate as the Air France chart for premium economy.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:15 pm

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but can anyone confirm that KL premium economy "A" fares credit to DL the same way as AF "A" fares, with a 50% cabin bonus, 150% MQM, and 30% MQD? The DL website still shows KL "A" as discount economy.

Last edited by hogo74; Jan 26, 2022 at 8:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by hogo74
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but can anyone confirm that KL premium economy "A" fares credit to DL the same way as AF "A" fares, with a 50% cabin bonus, 150% MQM, and 30% MQD? The DL website still shows KL "A" as discount economy.
I would go by what the chart on the website says. If you want to risk, get it but understand there could be no recourse.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by smartytravel
I would go by what the chart on the website says. If you want to risk, get it but understand there could be no recourse.
Yes, that is why I do not plan to book the ticket with KL-coded "A" flights unless there are several recent data points of such flights indeed crediting like AF-coded "A" flights as suggested in one of the older posts. I'd prefer the connection in AMS over CDG, but not at the risk of giving up mileage earning.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by hogo74
Yes, that is why I do not plan to book the ticket with KL-coded "A" flights unless there are several recent data points of such flights indeed crediting like AF-coded "A" flights as suggested in one of the older posts. I'd prefer the connection in AMS over CDG, but not at the risk of giving up mileage earning.
Try searching for your flights on airfrance.us. i was able to buy tickets wholly with AF codes via AMS only, operated by DL and KL, without a single leg on AF
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by smartytravel
Try searching for your flights on airfrance.us. i was able to buy tickets wholly with AF codes via AMS only, operated by DL and KL, without a single leg on AF
Thanks. This is actually what I had looked at before bumping this thread. For my itinerary at least, all the AMS connections shown on airfrance.us come up as KL coded "A", so I was/am hesitant to proceed with those options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.