Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2024, 4:00 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
I took Kazak for surgery this morning and I went to a co working space nearby. I checked Untappd and found Pilot Brewery around the corner so I had to check it out.

It’s a self-described nano brewery so it’s all small batch. They brew a lot of half barrels. You can even your own to brew with them.

I liked the murals on the walls.
mattp1987 and Zorak like this.
Old May 21, 2024, 4:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by fsuj25
I liked the murals on the walls.
You might even say you were over the moon about them?
fsuj25 and mattp1987 like this.
Old May 21, 2024, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
You might even say you were over the moon about them?
something like that. My dinner order is almost ready so I’m definitely about to take off.

GW McLintock and Zorak like this.
Old May 21, 2024, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You should connect through MSP sometime with ToddlerP while he's still a toddler. There's a cute airplane-themed play area, in bright primary colors, across from the MSP C SC.

The last time I flew into SYR, I noticed (and even explored a bit) an aged plane-themed play area in the middle of the terminal on the arrivals level. It looked like perhaps 1970 vintage.

You also should take ToddlerP to the DL museum at ATL. As I'm sure you know, it has some real airplanes that people can enter.
Thanks, we’ve been largely UA-focused since living in Germany due to FRA being a *A hub, but maybe we can make it to MSP. I think last time I was there was 2021 flying SAT-MSP-FAI. He’s now at the point of needing his own seat, so we’ll see what kind of status he can attain.

I’ve been to the DL Museum of Flight for both the beer festival and as a regular guest. That was actually my last leisure trip before COVID over Leap Day weekend 2020. I also watched the Olympic Trials marathon the morning of the beer fest and then went back to the museum Sunday afternoon to see it sans beer tents before I flew out.

The next place I really want to take him is the Neustadt on the Weinstraße Railway Museum. As implied in the name, it’s on the “German wine street” and only about 45 minutes from us by train, so we can visit there and a couple Riesling vineyards on the same trip.
Old May 21, 2024, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Thanks, we’ve been largely UA-focused since living in Germany due to FRA being a *A hub, but maybe we can make it to MSP. I think last time I was there was 2021 flying SAT-MSP-FAI. He’s now at the point of needing his own seat, so we’ll see what kind of status he can attain.
The real reason to take ToddlerP through MSP is to be able to go to the PGA Lounge during the layover and get in some golf and putting practice. 😃
Old May 21, 2024, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Yes, he has. He really enjoyed a playground we visited in Bratislava that was in the shape of an airplane that he could “fly”.
Waiting for the recreation of the photo where you're riding the toy 747
Old May 21, 2024, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
almost home

just rolling out onto 5-mile final at SEA at the end of an almost-6-hr flight
emma dog likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Welcome back. Seems like you had a great trip.
Old May 22, 2024, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
The real reason to take ToddlerP through MSP is to be able to go to the PGA Lounge during the layover and get in some golf and putting practice. 😃
Do you think he's ready? Maye you should meet him there and see if you can beat him. I'm thinking the two of you could do a golf spinoff of the TV pickelball commercial. I'd suggest that you try Padel but it might be too much for you.😏
Old May 22, 2024, 6:22 am

Is anyone interested in a SkyClub DO? I now have 8 one time Guest Passes plus 2 more as a lifetime member. Also16 inflight drink vouches so we can get primed on the way to a Club.

Christmas Shopping DO - are we still on? Time to start planning. I have my GUC's ready to use.
Old May 22, 2024, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Christmas Shopping DO - are we still on? Time to start planning. I have my GUC's ready to use.
Did the dates/location get settled, or is that part of the planning process? I also have a couple of GUCs I want to use on KLM before year end...
Old May 22, 2024, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Today feels like a Thorsday, even though I am home instead of the office.

-J.
Old May 22, 2024, 3:23 pm

I have another work deadline in December but it may be easier for me to manage a Christmas Do this year.

Picked Kazak up from the vet. His surgery went well. Now I’m supposed to keep him in a cone, and drugged up for the next two weeks so he doesn’t have any strenuous activities.

He’s so pumped full of meds he’s moving in slow motion.
Old May 22, 2024, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Do you think he's ready? Maye you should meet him there and see if you can beat him.
Depends on whether mattp has taught ToddlerP all the necessary four letter words one must know when playing golf.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old May 23, 2024, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
GW McLintock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.