Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Happy SATurday.

I'm doing yardwork and Pumpkin is eating grass (and no not the fun time). Trying to get crap down b4 my booster at 5pm.

Expecting lots of sleepy time (and no SuperG, not that kind) tomorrow.

Not a bad weekend to be in front of TV, since the Indians/Guardians are still in it.
I got it on Thursday and just had a sore arm Friday and was fine today. My wife is going to get hers next week, so we’ll be ready to fly to the States next month.

I’m glad to see the Guardians broke through after I went to bed. The Braves apparently went to sleep the same time I did at the end of the second inning.

Lounge Thoughts (TM) on good destinations in Europe in April with a 10 month old? I’m thinking maybe Barcelona and either an island or a mainland beach resort area. We did Algarve last year and loved it.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
We are thinking either Madrid or Prague next summer before our 8 days in Italy (Good FB award availability). Portugal could be a good, fun spot. We enjoyed Barcelona but it may be too chaotic with a little one
Old Oct 15, 2022, 4:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
We are thinking either Madrid or Prague next summer before our 8 days in Italy (Good FB award availability). Portugal could be a good, fun spot. We enjoyed Barcelona but it may be too chaotic with a little one
!!! I missed some news apparently
EDIT: oh I missed that this was a reply to Matt
catmndu and wakesetter93 like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I got it on Thursday and just had a sore arm Friday and was fine today. My wife is going to get hers next week, so we’ll be ready to fly to the States next month.

I’m glad to see the Guardians broke through after I went to bed. The Braves apparently went to sleep the same time I did at the end of the second inning.

Lounge Thoughts (TM) on good destinations in Europe in April with a 10 month old? I’m thinking maybe Barcelona and either an island or a mainland beach resort area. We did Algarve last year and loved it.
I still am adjusting to the Guardians name.
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Prague, but don't stop there. Venture into some of the other cities in the Czech Republic.

Was at a friend's wedding tonight. She's trying to play matchmaker and it made me laugh.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:05 pm

Wore these socks to the wedding... with a cocktail dress. It was a long dress so no one really saw, but I knew. I ♥ cute socks.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

CAdiz, Spain - a very nice beach town in Andalucia and you can do some nice day trips like Jerez for wine and horses, Sevilla for sightseeing (it's a 120km drive), Gibraltar's a 1:30 drive and you could even do a day trip to Tangier. You'd get a bunch of possibly new passport stamps (Gibraltar, Morocco and even Spain - you have to ask for Gibraltar). Good souvenirs for the baby.
mattp1987 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
CAdiz, Spain - a very nice beach town in Andalucia and you can do some nice day trips like Jerez for wine and horses, Sevilla for sightseeing (it's a 120km drive), Gibraltar's a 1:30 drive and you could even do a day trip to Tangier. You'd get a bunch of possibly new passport stamps (Gibraltar, Morocco and even Spain - you have to ask for Gibraltar). Good souvenirs for the baby.
Thanks, I’ll do some research into that. I currently have a points reservation at the Ritz on Tenerife, but it’s not as easy to combine with other destinations as a place on the mainland or a closer island would be.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic

Lounge Thoughts (TM) on good destinations in Europe in April with a 10 month old?
I could only think of this:

Originally Posted by kipper
I still am adjusting to the Guardians name.
Surprisingly, my reaction to the Pfizer shot (finally mixed and matched) isn't as severe as Moderna. Just achy today (normally I felt like I had the flu) so I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I was tired last night, so missed the last 3 innings of the game. Oops.

Kipper, I'm adjusting too. I understand, rationally, the desire for the change. But it's hard when you've been rooting for the same team (and have a bunch of memories and memorabilia) for, well, quite a while. But hey, at least the team is still here. In the CLE, ya can't take that for granted.

Well, gonna dust off the convertible and take a nice end of season drive. Hey, Kipper, I just thought of this...I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods this afternoon....looking at an antique piano in Bradford Woods. PM if ya wanna grab a late lunch.

Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Attention Zorak
Paging Zorak

Zorak likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Cheers from LEX

wakesetter93 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
April should be tulip time in Holland. It's fun to drive through fields and fields of tulips, where they're being farmed. There's also a sort of outdoor museum devoted to showing tulips.

Munich and Salzburg are especially pretty in spring when flowers are in bloom in town but you can see snow on the mountains in the distance. It's also a good time to drive the Romantik Road and the Castle Road in Germany; they intersect at Rothenburg. For the Romantic Road, I'd recommend taking three days and going from north to south.

April can be a good time to see places that will be crowded with tourists in the summer. If you time shoulder season right, museums/restaurants/hotels are open for the season but almost empty.

Maybe a ten month old would like little boat rides and short changing-of-the-guard ceremonies in historic uniforms (Sienna, Monaco). French Riviera (drive the corniches, boat ride to San Tropez IIRC from Antibes (look at the impressive yachts).

How about Capri in shoulder season? Hydrofoil to get there, blue cave you see by rowboat, walk to ruined castle on the hill, hanging basket ride to look down over more rural parts of the island,.....
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
I could only think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNx_...6Rh5ZI&index=2

Surprisingly, my reaction to the Pfizer shot (finally mixed and matched) isn't as severe as Moderna. Just achy today (normally I felt like I had the flu) so I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I was tired last night, so missed the last 3 innings of the game. Oops.

Kipper, I'm adjusting too. I understand, rationally, the desire for the change. But it's hard when you've been rooting for the same team (and have a bunch of memories and memorabilia) for, well, quite a while. But hey, at least the team is still here. In the CLE, ya can't take that for granted.

Well, gonna dust off the convertible and take a nice end of season drive. Hey, Kipper, I just thought of this...I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods this afternoon....looking at an antique piano in Bradford Woods. PM if ya wanna grab a late lunch.
I had a sore arm with Pfizer, but nothing more, unlike Moderna, which caused me to have chills, body aches, and a fever.

I understand the rationale for the change, but it's just weird.

I just saw your message. I was out in Harrisburg this weekend for a wedding, and just got home in time to watch the last 5 minutes of the Steelers game. Even if you happened to be in the area this late, I'd pass because I'm exhausted after wedding events for two days. That said, I'll be in your neck of the woods the last weekend of the month, if you'd like to meet up for dinner on Friday or brunch on Sunday. I'm judging or stewarding at a beer competition. My current plan is to arrive on Friday afternoon, as the morning session begins at 9 AM on Saturday. I'm hoping they start with coffee stouts.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
a big thank-you to the PM line rep who processed my “throwing-myself-at-your-mercy” request to SDC from a DTW-IAD flight to arrive into DCA, and an equally big thank-you to the passenger who later cancelled or SDCd off that flight and freed up 1D (yeah it’s a 321, and yeah Row 1 is about as tight as on a 739, but I *am* unabashedly a window addict)
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kipper
I had a sore arm with Pfizer, but nothing more, unlike Moderna, which caused me to have chills, body aches, and a fever.
I was planning on trying to get my booster today, but my doctor wants me to wait until December when more statistics come in about the new booster

Wishing everyone a half decent Monday. I am less than two weeks from hopefully maybe going to Alaska!

-J.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by jrl767
a big thank-you to the PM line rep who processed my “throwing-myself-at-your-mercy” request to SDC from a DTW-IAD flight to arrive into DCA, and an equally big thank-you to the passenger who later cancelled or SDCd off that flight and freed up 1D (yeah it’s a 321, and yeah Row 1 is about as tight as on a 739, but I *am* unabashedly a window addict)
I hope you cleaned your shoes off before stepping on a plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.