Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Nah she's not, but I sure as hell won't just hang out at the hospital while she's working! I'll drop my bags off at the Embassy Suites and then I'm free until dinner, probably.
Breweries: Penn Brewery isn't too far. Sly Fox has a Taphouse nearby. CInderlands is good, although if you have a nut allergy, avoid their food. If you don't mind driving, venture to Dancing Gnome and Hitchhiker. They are close to each other. I avoid Hofbrauhaus, because one of their managers did some shady stuff last year, during an arts and craft beer festival, and after an investigation, found nothing wrong with his actions. Arboretum Brewing just opened and I've heard amazing things about it. If you really don't mind driving, check out Allusion Brewing in Vandergrift. They were just named Best Local Brewery.

You could visit Milkshake Factory if you like milkshakes. I'm partial to their Jake's Shake.

You'll want to take the incline up to Mt. Washington at some point (with your SO), and some of the restaurants there have amazing views, but I've found that more and more, they seem to depend on the view to get people in the door and the food quality has gone downhill. I've seen mixed reviews of Altius. LeMont had been my go-to, but the food is blah now. Others have suggested Monterey Bay Fish Grotto as being the best option there, but I've not had reason to visit there.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Breweries: Penn Brewery isn't too far. Sly Fox has a Taphouse nearby. CInderlands is good, although if you have a nut allergy, avoid their food. If you don't mind driving, venture to Dancing Gnome and Hitchhiker. They are close to each other. I avoid Hofbrauhaus, because one of their managers did some shady stuff last year, during an arts and craft beer festival, and after an investigation, found nothing wrong with his actions. Arboretum Brewing just opened and I've heard amazing things about it. If you really don't mind driving, check out Allusion Brewing in Vandergrift. They were just named Best Local Brewery.

You could visit Milkshake Factory if you like milkshakes. I'm partial to their Jake's Shake.

You'll want to take the incline up to Mt. Washington at some point (with your SO), and some of the restaurants there have amazing views, but I've found that more and more, they seem to depend on the view to get people in the door and the food quality has gone downhill. I've seen mixed reviews of Altius. LeMont had been my go-to, but the food is blah now. Others have suggested Monterey Bay Fish Grotto as being the best option there, but I've not had reason to visit there.
LeMont is the classic. I once had a good meal in the restaurant in the restored train station, near the bottom on the incline. No recent experience eating in Pittsburgh.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Looks like the heat wave has broken in Minneapolis - enjoy!

Meanwhile we are in a heat wave in North Alabama that will probably break sometime around early to mid September.

BTW, does anybody have the Delta phone number for same day travel help handy? My sister is traveling this weekend with only an hour at LGA. I am not expecting a good result.

Thank you!

David
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DiverDave
BTW, does anybody have the Delta phone number for same day travel help handy? My sister is traveling this weekend with only an hour at LGA. I am not expecting a good result.
Faster Delta Call-Back Number 1-855-548-2505 (Within 48 hours of departure)

Good luck!
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
LeMont is the classic. I once had a good meal in the restaurant in the restored train station, near the bottom on the incline. No recent experience eating in Pittsburgh.
Station Square has seen a huge turnover of restaurants.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Station Square has seen a huge turnover of restaurants.
It's also touristic, with souvenir stores, etc.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:23 am

Yeah, yesterday late afternoon was actually pleasant outside in the shade. Temperatures were still high, but the humidity dropped significantly. Tomorrow is supposed to be 95 F, but the weekend should be fairly nice.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
back to Juneuary in Seattle, although forecast is for high 70s again tomorrow and 80ish by the weekend ... we're flying PAE-SAN this afternoon (F on AS was about $100 less than Y on DL SEA-LAX), driving through Joshua Tree National Park tomorrow and along parts of Old Route 66 back into Los Angeles on Friday
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Temperatures aren’t bad here, but a light rain started just as I was heading out to run this evening. It never completely stopped but turn into an even lighter sprinkle while the sun was trying to come back out making it extremely humid. Speaking of the sun, we are back on our way to shorter days after 16:16 of sunlight yesterday for the solstice.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:48 am

It's also touristic, with souvenir stores, etc.
That is true as well. I prefer to avoid places like that.
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Temperatures aren’t bad here, but a light rain started just as I was heading out to run this evening. It never completely stopped but turn into an even lighter sprinkle while the sun was trying to come back out making it extremely humid. Speaking of the sun, we are back on our way to shorter days after 16:16 of sunlight yesterday for the solstice.
Yuck to the humidity.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
While you are in Pittsburgh, if you'd like to meet up for drinks, let me know. Although, according to some in OMNI, I'm a horrible person, so I don't blame you if you don't want to meet either.
I know you've gone through some very tough times lately but I really do miss your groans.! 🤐
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
hoping that the kipper “Groan!” isn’t about to appear on the Endangered Species list … many of us have groan accustomed to them
MSPeconomist and GW McLintock like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I know you've gone through some very tough times lately but I really do miss your groans.! 🤐
I will try to make HH tomorrow.
Originally Posted by jrl767
hoping that the kipper “Groan!” isn’t about to appear on the Endangered Species list … many of us have groan accustomed to them
LOL, not quite groan-worthy.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:34 pm

I will try to make HH tomorrow.

LOL, not quite groan-worthy.
Grace is welcome at HH too. We hope to see you.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:42 pm

Grace is welcome at HH too. We hope to see you.
Grace tends to be camera shy. If it's not a hot, humid mess outside tomorrow, I may take happy hour outside, on the patio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.