Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
after yesterday's conversations regarding changing my upfared flight (see SDC and FCM threads respectively), I'm getting ready for a trio of work calls before heading to the airport ... unfortunately they're still selling a few Y seats on SEA-ATL, so unless they use those to accommodate earlier VDBs it doesn't look like I'll have an opportunity to take a roundabout (SAN/LAX/LAS followed by ATL/DTW; there are seats via LAX/JFK, but that would require a really generous PM line agent) redeye routing this evening
Old May 17, 2022, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Flying the first few legs of my Costa Rican vacation trip today. Flying on AA. Only aircraft option out of MDT at a time that worked for me was an Embraer 145. I'm suddenly regretting my life choices.
Would flying from PIT have been better?
Old May 17, 2022, 9:20 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would flying from PIT have been better?
Maybe, but Gracie doesn't like the kennel out there as much, plus it is $11/day more expensive. So, I don't pay as much and she gets spoiled at her favorite kennel. For her, I'll fly AA. Although, next time, I'll avoid the Embraer.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Maybe, but Gracie doesn't like the kennel out there as much, plus it is $11/day more expensive. So, I don't pay as much and she gets spoiled at her favorite kennel. For her, I'll fly AA. Although, next time, I'll avoid the Embraer.
I don't mind the E145 assuming you can get the only good seat on the plane. Single side exit row.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
I don't mind the E145 assuming you can get the only good seat on the plane. Single side exit row.
I was single side but not exit row.

On the plus side, I'm now on a 737 and my upgrade cleared.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
this prompted me to go back and look at my flight log ... I've been ERJ-145-free since Apr 2016
Old May 17, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
this prompted me to go back and look at my flight log ... I've been ERJ-145-free since Apr 2016
Must be nice.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I'm flying an ERJ-145 on Sunday, though all of my ERJ-145 flying is on JSX these days
Old May 17, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don't your parents offer free kennel services for her? They seem to like to spoil her, even more than you do.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Hi Everybody, long time FlyerTalk listener First-time lounge poster. HAHA. Thought I'd check it out because I apparently don't have enough to cram into the next 24 hours before I start my 3 week journey LAX- SJU via ATL; SJU- LAX via JFK departing next day LAX-JFK-CHP, CHP- FRA and FRA- LAX. Was tempted to find somewhere else to hop for a couple days after FRA as I deferred Poland with all that is going on. Any favorite easy inexpensive place to hop over to after with an easy flight back to LAX? My fam thinks I'm crazy. I feel like I have travel to make up for. Flyertalk understands

PS also isnt there a delta skylounge thread? I found the AA but having trouble locating it with the search. Used to see people meeting up, sharing passes etc.

Happy travels!
Old May 17, 2022, 11:27 am

You can hop to AMS from FRA. Should have lots of options back to LAX
Old May 17, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I’ll take a single seat on an ERJ-145 over any seat on the CRJ-200 any day.
catmndu and ATOBTTR like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I’ll take a single seat on an ERJ-145 over any seat on the CRJ-200 any day.
and along the same lines, my last CR2 flight was in Nov 2013
Old May 17, 2022, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I now have an ERJ-145 as part of my return to Ohio next week. It’ll be my first ERJ-145 in a long time (2015 from GSO to ORD). I’ve managed to avoid Satan’s Chariot since 2016 as well (looking at my flight log, my last 50 seat CRJ ride was from Dothan, AL to ATL coming back from a work trip to Ft Rucker).

At least on the ERJ-145 I was able to snag the exit row solo seat.

I was lucky to grab it. Pretty amazing too given that I changed to a routing with this only about one week out from departure and most of the rest of the plane was full. 1A was available too but I will have a carryon with some stuff I would rather not have valet checked and in case of the tight connection wanted to be sure I could place it under the seat rather than either in a bin way far away or have it gate checked if there’s no room (and of course the overhead doesn’t start for a couple rows past Row 1 on the ERJ).

Last edited by ATOBTTR; May 17, 2022 at 12:59 pm
Old May 17, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Smile side trip options

You can hop to AMS from FRA. Should have lots of options back to LAX
True I did think of that as an easy one. I've only flown through. I'm sure it has its charming areas. Is it pretty easy to navigate like for example you get in and everything is walkable and plenty easy to get to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.