Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AF 057 ticket rebooked into DL 006 ticket and less miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)

I traveled from EU to US with ticket issued by Air France. The miles for outbound journey were calculated as expected, based on mileage flown. On a way back, there was travel disruption and Delta staff rebooked ticket for new flights. The ticket became 006 and miles were posted based on a price paid. As this was cheap business class, the difference is huge.

I've been calling Delta to fix it but they submit retro credit request to AF who rejects it (which is obvious, they try to retrocredit the flights which I actually didn't take).

Any chance to properly address this request? I have impression the cc agents have no idea what I am talking about.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would try writing instead with contact us form and specifically direct to mileage credit issues. Most frontline call agents have very little understanding of details of the mileage program with regard to earnings. By writing, you will have a better chance of it being directed to someone who actually knows how it works. Your understanding/explanation is probably not helping because it is incorrect. Earning is based solely on marketing carrier, not ticketing carrier. You received mileage based on fare price because your flights were changed from AF marketed flights to DL marketed flights, not because they were on an 006 ticket.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 10, 2021 at 11:05 am
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:35 am
Original Poster

OK that makes sense, thank you. Submitted complaint, hope they will reply in a timely manner.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sinus
I traveled from EU to US with ticket issued by Air France. The miles for outbound journey were calculated as expected, based on mileage flown. On a way back, there was travel disruption and Delta staff rebooked ticket for new flights. The ticket became 006 and miles were posted based on a price paid. As this was cheap business class, the difference is huge.

I've been calling Delta to fix it but they submit retro credit request to AF who rejects it (which is obvious, they try to retrocredit the flights which I actually didn't take).

Any chance to properly address this request? I have impression the cc agents have no idea what I am talking about.
Since this was caused by a travel disruption near your return flight, you should be able to ask for Original Routing Credit to earn the miles you would have had from flying the ticket as it was originally written.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Ask for original routing credit. Agent should then call SM department to queue fir reprocessing. It'll then take couple days to post correctly.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

That's actually what they did, after the call I have noticed the transactions on the statement, however, after some days the status has changed to "We're sorry, we cannot fulfill your mileage credit request because the flown portion of your trip is not eligible for mileage credit.".
So now waiting for the complaint result. Calling them is a nightmare (at least 1h on the phone).
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sinus
That's actually what they did, after the call I have noticed the transactions on the statement, however, after some days the status has changed to "We're sorry, we cannot fulfill your mileage credit request because the flown portion of your trip is not eligible for mileage credit.".
So now waiting for the complaint result. Calling them is a nightmare (at least 1h on the phone).
It can take 2 or 3 attempts to get it correctly requeued. No human is evaluating so they must enter correctly for system to understand how to reprocess.
smartytravel likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
I had the exact same issue as OP a couple of years back, only replace AF with KL. Tried all the suggested solutions to no avail. I gave up. OP please do let us know how it ends for you.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Just to be clear, the mileage credited has to do with the Marketed Flight Number and not the ticket stock.

When there was an issue, they likely rebooked you from AF001 to DL9876 (even though it’s the same
flight) since it was rebooked on Delta. Most people don’t know to double check this, but this is really important to check and correct if possible before boarding. It’s very hard to have it retroactively credited.

Good example of this is when you apply a GUC on AF/KL flight. The ticket stock will change from 057 to 006 as DL needs to reissue it, but if you booked the AF marketed flight it should remain the same.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:03 am
Original Poster

The flights originally booked, were SJU-ATL-CDG. The new ticket was for the SJU-JFK-CDG route. And what is funny, they credited the SJU-ATL on the same day when I called (even I didn't board this flight but I have flown SJU-JFK which they have erased from the account) but the problem is with the ATL-CDG.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

It normally takes three attempts for them to get ORC right for me. Call in and point it still hasn't posted correctly. Make sure they have the original flight number, fare class and ticket number correct.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:31 am
Original Poster

So without calling again, this has finally correctly reprocessed. Maybe when I called before they have opened a case and monitored it. Or the complaint which I sent worked, although, I did not receive any response.

Thanks everybody for help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.