Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question about Aeromexico flight booked on delta/ change terminal Mexico City !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi

I booked through delta website for Premier(first class)
Flight AM401 JFK to MEX (depart 1:40 am)
2 hr 45 min layover
Flight AM 350 MEX to MZT.

on my app it does not say sky priority?

Received an email saying I will have to change between terminal 1 and 2 and go through immigration .

do I have enough time?
is this a difficult process?
thanks
edit
Also my return flight has less than 2 hrs layover in Mexico City. Is it the same process on return to US?
thanks

Last edited by Kerrirdh; Dec 3, 2021 at 5:10 pm
Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Kerrirdh
Hi

I booked through delta website for Premier(first class)
Flight AM401 JFK to MEX (depart 1:40 am)
2 hr 45 min layover
Flight AM 350 MEX to MZT.

on my app it does not say sky priority?

Received an email saying I will have to change between terminal 1 and 2 and go through immigration .

do I have enough time?
is this a difficult process?
thanks
edit
Also my return flight has less than 2 hrs layover in Mexico City. Is it the same process on return to US?
thanks
You will have to go through immigration on the southbound, collect and re-drop your bag, and then a transit security lane, but unless there has been some drastic change, AM is all in T2. The process will probably take an hour, but could take longer. I expect you could be at a remote gate departing with from the far end of the terminal (to the left, and then further to the left, and then more to the left). On the return, I've never flown Domestic to Int'l, but the bag should be checked through and there's no exit procedure for the country other than a form you hand in (the other part of the form from your arrival) when boarding. You'll also get questioned at the gate re: security Q's (roving agents in orange? vests), and I'm not sure where they're checking the US-bound Vaccine / Negative Test docs.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You will have to go through immigration on the southbound, collect and re-drop your bag, and then a transit security lane, but unless there has been some drastic change, AM is all in T2. The process will probably take an hour, but could take longer. I expect you could be at a remote gate departing with from the far end of the terminal (to the left, and then further to the left, and then more to the left). On the return, I've never flown Domestic to Int'l, but the bag should be checked through and there's no exit procedure for the country other than a form you hand in (the other part of the form from your arrival) when boarding. You'll also get questioned at the gate re: security Q's (roving agents in orange? vests), and I'm not sure where they're checking the US-bound Vaccine / Negative Test docs.
email said my bag would be checked through?
I’m assuming I pick up my bag in mzt
and go through immigration with no bag in Mexico City.
said if arriving from central or South America to Mexico will have to collect bag???
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Bags automatically transfer at MEX nowadays, including ITD. (For DL/AM) There will even be a sign as enter baggage(customs) hall stating this.

All DL/AM operate from T2 as noted.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Bags automatically transfer at MEX nowadays, including ITD. (For DL/AM) There will even be a sign as enter baggage stating this.

All DL/AM operate from T2 as noted.
so why would I get an email stating that I will have to transfer terminals?
thanks
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Op here
and furthermore if I go through immigration in MEX… when I land in MZT is there immigration customs again?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
so why would I get an email stating that I will have to transfer terminals?
thanks
Op here
and furthermore if I go through immigration in MEX… when I land in MZT is there immigration customs again?
Are you sure that section in email isn't about JFK T1/2? AM used to operate from T1. I've gotten emails with stale info before on this. Only other thing I can think of, they're pointing out AF/KL operate from T1. If you want, copy and paste the section if email.

You'll clear immigration/customs at MEX. Bags transfer automatically, going through customs without you being there.

While bags should transfer, I recommend verifying before exiting bag hall.. At least for ITD the process seems to not always work.

Last edited by flyerCO; Dec 3, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Are you sure that section in email isn't about JFK T1/2? AM used to operate from T1. I've gotten emails with stale info before on this. Only other thing I can think of, they're pointing out AF/KL operate from T1. If you want, copy and paste the section if email.

You'll clear immigration/customs at MEX. Bags transfer automatically, going through customs without you being there.

While bags should transfer, I recommend verifying before exiting bag hall.. At least for ITD the process seems to not always work.
ok I looked more closely and it says my flight is
03/02/2022????
Also REservation number in email is different than my confirmation. Number?
could this be spam
does Aeromexico put date 1st then month?
Cause I am flying feb 2 from Mexico to jfk.

so if so the email still says I have to change terminals in Mexico City?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
unless there has been some drastic change, AM is all in T2.
There has been some drastic change—AM operates out of both terminals as of next week. Not sure which flights are going to be T1.

https://aeromexico.com/en-us/travel-...ts/mexico-city
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SamOF
There has been some drastic change—AM operates out of both terminals as of next week. Not sure which flights are going to be T1.

https://aeromexico.com/en-us/travel-...ts/mexico-city
That's an OMFG. Thanks for posting. This makes MEX transit a potentially even more uncomfortable and disturbing experience. Looks like all domestic service for now.

If I have a connecting flight, how do I travel between T1 and T2?

We are working on offering an option to travel between terminals that is safe and comfortable.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do I have to pick up and check my baggage again if I am connecting?

If you arrive at T1 from an international flight, you must pick your baggage and check it for your next flight.

If you arrive at T1 from a domestic flight operated by Aeromexico, your baggage is already checked to your final destination.

If you arrive at T2 from an international or domestic flight operated by Aeromexico or Delta, your baggage is already checked to your final destination.

If you arrive at T2 from an international flight operated by Aeromexico or any of our partners, from Central and South America or from Korea, you must pick up your baggage and check it again.
flyerCO and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If I have a connecting flight, how do I travel between T1 and T2? We are working on offering an option to travel between terminals that is safe and comfortable.
That might be the most AM response ever. A "no" that might become a real answer later on?

I think there is some sort of airside train/bus that runs but the details of it seemed murky, because MEX, and I've never needed it so didn't go down that rabbit hole.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:00 am

There is an Airtrain, runs every 10 minutes during the day. It's landside, but you will need to show your boarding pass to be able to take it.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
There is also a bus
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
We are working on offering an option to travel between terminals that is safe and comfortable.
"safe" - lol

Originally Posted by anniegray
There is also a bus
The (landside) bus is not free, and a bit shady IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.