Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Spouse traveling under maiden name following name change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spouse traveling under maiden name following name change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Schmoops
I have a related question. I got married earlier this year, and changed my name in June, and received an updated drivers license. I have not yet updated my passport (or Global Entry).

I have not yet updated my SkyMiles account with my married name (though I have the necessary paperwork to do so). Since my name change, I have booked and flown tickets using my maiden name, and with TSA I use my Global Entry card (and as a back up, I have my license with a copy of marriage certificate) with no issues.

My hesitation on updating my SkyMiles account is because I have a $2k ticket credit that I haven't used yet that is in my maiden name. Anyone have experience with this? Using a ticket credit issued with your maiden name, and then being used for a new flight in the future with married name?
Ticket will be issued with same name as old one. Only way around is to call in. It'll likely be an hour plus due to lack of training, for Ticket to be issued with new name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.