Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost wedding ring

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Xeno
I did twitter and fb one hour ago.
where else? Instagram help?
I don't know that I have ever given this particular advice before, but here it goes - send an e-mail to Ed.

It will get read, and maybe it will shake something loose for you. It is a wedding ring which has great value to you, and you have exhausted every reasonable avenue for retrieving the ring. So IMO it's worth going to the top for help.

Good luck!

David
MSPeconomist and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I don't know that I have ever given this particular advice before, but here it goes - send an e-mail to Ed.

It will get read, and maybe it will shake something loose for you. It is a wedding ring which has great value to you, and you have exhausted every reasonable avenue for retrieving the ring. So IMO it's worth going to the top for help.

Good luck!

David
Thanks. I did this about 30 minutes ago.
obscure2k and DiverDave like this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:12 am
Original Poster

So the hourglass is almost empty and nothing is working. I renewed postings on social media, there is no response to the email sent to Ed, et al., and the only response from DL are automated messages saying they are still looking and would be quick to notify me if my description fit anything they have located.
Just a reminder that when I returned to the ATL E SC last Wednesday, I was told the ring had been turned in and sent off to DL baggage L&F. In other words, there was at least one DL employee who admitted seeing the ring but did not notify me.
Is there another avenue that should be pursued before they discard my ring?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
So the hourglass is almost empty and nothing is working. I renewed postings on social media, there is no response to the email sent to Ed, et al., and the only response from DL are automated messages saying they are still looking and would be quick to notify me if my description fit anything they have located.
Just a reminder that when I returned to the ATL E SC last Wednesday, I was told the ring had been turned in and sent off to DL baggage L&F. In other words, there was at least one DL employee who admitted seeing the ring but did not notify me.
Is there another avenue that should be pursued before they discard my ring?
You need to contact the company DL contracts with. This is in Alabama or somewhere like that. If a DL employee sent it somewhere that is where it went.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You need to contact the company DL contracts with. This is in Alabama or somewhere like that. If a DL employee sent it somewhere that is where it went.
I guess I thought once in AL that there was no way to recover a lost item.
The ATL E SC agent who helped me on 10/6/21 said she spoke to someone who sent the ring to a ‘warehouse’ one day before I returned from FCO. I was worried about that, but the DL agent I was talking to claimed everything had to be documented so they could be retrieved before going to Death Valley.
So no one here has direct experience of this DL baggage L&F purgatory? Remember, I have filled out twice the number of forms required and they will not respond to phone calls.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I guess I thought once in AL that there was no way to recover a lost item.
The ATL E SC agent who helped me on 10/6/21 said she spoke to someone who sent the ring to a ‘warehouse’ one day before I returned from FCO. I was worried about that, but the DL agent I was talking to claimed everything had to be documented so they could be retrieved before going to Death Valley.
So no one here has direct experience of this DL baggage L&F purgatory? Remember, I have filled out twice the number of forms required and they will not respond to phone calls.
Just to make sure was THIS what you filled out?

AFAIK the "warehouse " is the company. They keep the item for I believe 45 days before selling.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just to make sure was THIS what you filled out?

AFAIK the "warehouse " is the company. They keep the item for I believe 45 days before selling.
Yes, I completed three forms: One for AATC, two for DL as at first I thought maybe the ring was lost just before landing at FCO. In all, I have completed two DL forms specific to ATL E SC.
The auto reply emails I get mention a total of 3 weeks then a missing item is no longer their concern. I noticed the link you provided confirms that they will not let you call them. Remember, I got a DL DM agent to call DL baggage L&F and they insisted my only route was that online form that to date has been a waste of time.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes, I completed three forms: One for AATC, two for DL as at first I thought maybe the ring was lost just before landing at FCO. In all, I have completed two DL forms specific to ATL E SC.
The auto reply emails I get mention a total of 3 weeks then a missing item is no longer their concern. I noticed the link you provided confirms that they will not let you call them. Remember, I got a DL DM agent to call DL baggage L&F and they insisted my only route was that online form that to date has been a waste of time.
Just read an ABC article from few years back. Per it DL sends items to a location in ATL where they keep for three months. Not sure how current that info is, but I would at least have some hope.
Xeno likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:11 am

Did you get anything from the email you sent ED?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Did you get anything from the email you sent ED?
No response of any kind. The email was sent last Thurs and copied to the top two in Customer Service.
Would it be bad form to send another letter with the premise that my email was sent to the junk folder or would a second email make them look the other way?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

I doubt this would go anywhere, but what happens if I notify local TV stations saying DL refuses to release a wedding ring which they confirmed they have in their possession?
Perhaps I could mention I was on my way to the Vatican to meet with Pope Francis as part of a select group of world faith leaders of all religions working toward COP26? I do have a few photos from Rome that should work well for TV!
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried a snail mail to Ed via FedEx or similar? Some organizations still give real letters on paper priority over email.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have you tried a snail mail to Ed via FedEx or similar? Some organizations still give real letters on paper priority over email.
If that would make a difference then I would do it. My assistant is away until Wed, but I could use letterhead.
It would have to be expedited delivery since apparently only about 7 days are left.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

I can report that the ring is scheduled to be returned to me this week. I got urgent calls and emails from DL L&F and others today. This was on the heels of another routine auto-reply from 30 minutes earlier saying the ring could not be located.
If I understand today's response, the difference here was sending an email to Ed that was copied to the top two persons in CS.

For future reference, going to the 'warehouse' means your item has been sent to Alabama. I remember seeing that store when I lived in AL some years ago. I did have to provide a photo of the ring to prove that it belonged to me which was expected and a good safeguard for all concerned. In like manner, I had to confirm that the photo they sent to me was in fact my property.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Oof. This was an adventure, and not the good kind :-/ but glad to hear that it may be over soon!
Xeno and obscure2k like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.