Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

US Delta Elites Can Status Match on Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Delta Elites Can Status Match on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
... Now any of us with Delta status can cruise into equivalent Air Canada/Star Alliance status for up to 15 months by flying just one round trip. Must be a US resident.
I don't see the "flying just one round trip" requirement. Where is that and how long do we have to take that one flight?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I don't see the "flying just one round trip" requirement. Where is that and how long do we have to take that one flight?
The FAQ has all the answers.

https://canada.statusmatch.com/faq/

Plus this main thread:
Canada to lure U.S. frequent flyers by matching travel perks on Air Canada
MikeyZBT likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I signed up. It was quick and easy. I was also looking to take a quick trip up to Montreal, and DL doesn't make this easy. I'd rather have the direct from DCA or IAD. So, I can make their 1 round trip requirement before the end of the year.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by DCAhome
I signed up. It was quick and easy. I was also looking to take a quick trip up to Montreal, and DL doesn't make this easy. I'd rather have the direct from DCA or IAD. So, I can make their 1 round trip requirement before the end of the year.
I booked DL to YYZ then a cheap (less than $200) roundtrip mileage run YYZ>YUL>YYZ on AC to meet the requirements.
DCAhome and DrMilano like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
My understanding is that as Star Alliance Gold, you'd get four main benefits when flying UA:
1) Lounge Access (as long as your Star Alliance Gold access is through a carrier other than UA)
2) Priority Access at Terminals
3) Baggage Benefits
4) Complimentary Access to Economy Plus

I do have UA Silver via Marriott Status (which I'll only have through January 2023 most likely) which only gets me Star Alliance Silver which is pretty meaningless across Star Alliance. There is a good chance I could have a decent amount of international travel next year if travel restrictions ever ease up and there's a good chance that could be on UA/Star Alliance Carriers, so this promo is tempting to say the least because Star Alliance Gold would make travel a lot more bearable since I'm not sure if I'll be able to get SkyTeam or OneWorld. The question is if, being a DOD/Military member, if I want to jump through all the hoops of getting foreign travel clearance and approval just to make a day-trip to Canada during the window of this promo.
I'd do a fun little weekend trip to Canada. If you're forced to travel on UA, AC, or any other *A carrier, *Gold will make it so much better, although you might want to check first whether there's a UA lounge at any of your local airports. (I assume you can pick the departure airport within reason rather than always being forced to fly from DAY, even if it means an additional connection.)
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Thanks for this - I just submitted, hopefully it goes through easily. I don’t care about the AC status too much, but *A gold for the cost of one weekend trip is more than worth it.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Quick and easy. Plus you get to select their version of CB right away. Went ahead and selected 12 months of free GoGo on AC aircraft and the 35 eupgrades .

Works great with a RT BOG-YYZ-ATH J fare just booked. ($US1400)
DCAhome and baqnav like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Unfortunately, I was only matched to 25K despite being Platinum. Have a support ticket in with StatusMatch, we will see if it is successful.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by manacit
Unfortunately, I was only matched to 25K despite being Platinum. Have a support ticket in with StatusMatch, we will see if it is successful.
Odd. I had no problem matching to 50k as a PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.