Wiki Posts
Search

Booking OAL on dl.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2021, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Booking OAL on dl.com manually using URL

Is it still possible to book OAL ticket by putting all the information in URL?

If so where can I find how to format URL?

Last edited by flyerCO; Aug 30, 2021 at 4:40 pm
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Easiest way is to install ITA Matrix Powertools browser extension -- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...alononkolnplpp
I don't know that the Delta API is published anywhere.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Easiest way is to install ITA Matrix Powertools browser extension -- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...alononkolnplpp
I don't know that the Delta API is published anywhere.
Is it different from book with matrix? BWM only gives Delta link if booking DL flights. I'm trying to book some AM fares but through DL.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:40 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I've had mixed results using bookwithmatrix with delta.com recently (on all DL flights!); sometimes it just refuses to price.

My experience has been that there must be at least one DL-marketed segment on an itinerary for delta.com to price and plate it. Folks have had luck calling in and getting joint venture tickets (mostly KL but sometimes AF and VS) ticketed on 006/DL stock. Recently it seems airlines have cracked down on off-plating.

Is there a reason you need your flights to be 006 ticketed?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is it different from book with matrix? BWM only gives Delta link if booking DL flights. I'm trying to book some AM fares but through DL.
Yes, the browser extension allows you to book both DL and partner marketed flights on delta.com.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:57 pm
VFR

Yes, the browser extension allows you to book both DL and partner marketed flights on delta.com.
I tested this out with an itinerary with only AF and KL flights and it seems it is true -- delta.com will price that itinerary.

However, I couldn't get it to work with AM flights.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VFR
I tested this out with an itinerary with only AF and KL flights and it seems it is true -- delta.com will price that itinerary.

However, I couldn't get it to work with AM flights.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to work with AM flights. I guess I've only used it for AF/KL.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VFR
I've had mixed results using bookwithmatrix with delta.com recently (on all DL flights!); sometimes it just refuses to price.

My experience has been that there must be at least one DL-marketed segment on an itinerary for delta.com to price and plate it. Folks have had luck calling in and getting joint venture tickets (mostly KL but sometimes AF and VS) ticketed on 006/DL stock. Recently it seems airlines have cracked down on off-plating.

Is there a reason you need your flights to be 006 ticketed?
Dealing with AM agents is maddening. I'd rather wait 3hrs for a DL agent. (Although there seems to be no wait with "new" system)
VFR likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:57 pm
VFR

Interestingly, delta.com will sell you a transborder all-AM ticket with no DL flights on it. Just type your cities into the search bar.

I also managed to reverse-engineer the URL scheme, so if you can't make that work flyerCO then DM me your itinerary and I'll send you a URL.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VFR
Interestingly, delta.com will sell you a transborder all-AM ticket with no DL flights on it. Just type your cities into the search bar.

I also managed to reverse-engineer the URL scheme, so if you can't make that work flyerCO then DM me your itinerary and I'll send you a URL.
Sent a PM. My trip is SAT-MAD taking advantage of their low J fare. Onboard I enjoy service, it's reservation agents I dislike.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:06 am
VFR

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Sent a PM. My trip is SAT-MAD taking advantage of their low J fare. Onboard I enjoy service, it's reservation agents I dislike.
Unfortunately, I can't get delta.com to price this. It seems they will only price fares covered by the joint business.

Interestingly enough, I put it into Amex Travel (since IAP sometimes reduces AM fares) and they couldn't find the same price that ITA Matrix did, discount or not.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VFR
Unfortunately, I can't get delta.com to price this. It seems they will only price fares covered by the joint business.

Interestingly enough, I put it into Amex Travel (since IAP sometimes reduces AM fares) and they couldn't find the same price that ITA Matrix did, discount or not.
If fare was priced using multi-city search on ITA Matrix, there's a chance that there is no married segment inventory for the fare. ITA Matrix doesn't look at married segment bucket inventory when using multi-city to quote fares that cover multiple segments (it only checks bucket inventory on the individual segments). One-way and Roundtrip searches on ITA will correctly look at married segment inventory when quoting fares. You can generally use the advanced search options to get the routing you want with a one-way or roundtrip fare search.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:02 am
VFR

If fare was priced using multi-city search on ITA Matrix, there's a chance that there is no married segment inventory for the fare. ITA Matrix doesn't look at married segment bucket inventory when using multi-city to quote fares that cover multiple segments (it only checks bucket inventory on the individual segments). One-way and Roundtrip searches on ITA will correctly look at married segment inventory when quoting fares. You can generally use the advanced search options to get the routing you want with a one-way or roundtrip fare search.
I don't think it's a married segment issue, I think it's just that delta.com refuses to plate itineraries other than joint business routes.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VFR
I don't think it's a married segment issue, I think it's just that delta.com refuses to plate itineraries other than joint business routes.
I was actually having issues yesterday with basic all DL bookings. Click through and gets oops blah blah error message.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

I priced via normal RT search. What was weird is when it showed options for outbound ot would give $4I price. When selected outbound I knew would price at $1.2k it then dropped to $1.2k on next screen for return selection. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.