Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Drink Voucher Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
I have given away vouchers for years. Never an issue. Having said that, I logged in to look and none were issued for 2023? Did that benefit go away?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 6:36 am

Drink coupons are indeed transferable. I have given and received them.

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Welcome to FT. Drink coupons are not transferable ...
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Kevbeau
I’ve screen-shot the QR codes and have had friends tell me they work. Are they just being polite? Serious question. Not trying to be a jerk.
My understanding is that those in the app can be used to buy anyone a drink but the person issued the coupons must redeem them in person via their app. When giving a screen shot of QR the FA is probably none the wiser - that is the screen shot looks like how it comes up in the app. YMMV
Old Jan 28, 2023, 12:18 pm
JN1

Programs: Delta Sky Miles - Gold Medallion
I've never had a problem using screenshots of vouchers given to me by friends, just need to be sure to remember to delete them off of your device after you give them out.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by JN1
I've never had a problem using screenshots of vouchers given to me by friends, just need to be sure to remember to delete them off of your device after you give them out.
There’s no way to delete them anymore. If the FA actually scans them (which is rare, in my experience) they will automatically be deleted.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Raddison Gold Points
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Welcome to FT. Drink coupons are not transferable ...
I have transferred mine many times. You can screen shot them or print them out or save as a pdf and share.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
For some reason, I always seem to end up with many more drink certificates at this time of the year than I started with. I've got 16 that expire Tuesday night 1/31/2023. I also have eight one-time SkyClub passes that expire Tuesday night. I'll see what my Delta wallet looks like on Wednesday morning.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I have quite a few drink vouchers I'm happy to give away if anyone wants them. Just PM me.

Unfortunately, sky club passes cannot be used unless the basic Amex Reserve card member is present, so they aren't really transferable.

Last edited by pharmawalk; Jan 29, 2023 at 7:34 am
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JN1
+1. I’ve been sharing the digital version for as long as they’ve been around (I’m almost always able to get C+ at booking so never use them) and never had a single issue.

To that end I’ve got 8 available if anyone wants them.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
ugh. I have 4 or 5 of these that expire 1/31. I used two just last week for a business trip in main cabin. I almost always am able to book in advance to secure Comfort+.
Anyway I'm taking a group trip with a couple colleagues on Tuesday and am hoping to offer these certificates for those in main cabin. I'll screen shot the voucher and just text or email to them.

Hopefully I'll get new vouchers for 2023 on Feb 1st? Or did Delta do away with these vouchers for Medallions? PM for 2023.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
I also have 8 vouchers expiring Tuesday if anybody is interested PM me
Old Jan 29, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
I have 16. Didn’t ever think about screenshots to share with others before, will do so in the future.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by mridley2
ugh. I have 4 or 5 of these that expire 1/31. I used two just last week for a business trip in main cabin. I almost always am able to book in advance to secure Comfort+.
Anyway I'm taking a group trip with a couple colleagues on Tuesday and am hoping to offer these certificates for those in main cabin. I'll screen shot the voucher and just text or email to them.

Hopefully I'll get new vouchers for 2023 on Feb 1st? Or did Delta do away with these vouchers for Medallions? PM for 2023.

Four more were deposited shortly after requalifying for PM. Expiration date on those are Jan31, 2025.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Four more were deposited shortly after requalifying for PM. Expiration date on those are Jan31, 2025.
The ones I got last year (qualifying for this year) expire 1/31/23. Was that a mistake? It never seemed right to me.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:12 pm

Ugh happy to share.
I received drink vouchers in oct 22.
they expire 1/31/23
is this normal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.