Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Drink Voucher Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by coast_2_coast
I tried to PM some, not sure if it worked. Not familiar with FT inbox feature
I appreciate it! I didn't get any image attached to the PM...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Ankster
You might be able to find people but there was a surplus of these a few months ago given they expire each year on January 31st.
I'd piggyback onto this that, being that far out, it may be better to ask closer to the date. No telling if people use or otherwise give away vouchers before then and forget they offered them up.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by dcadwell
I'd piggyback onto this that, being that far out, it may be better to ask closer to the date. No telling if people use or otherwise give away vouchers before then and forget they offered them up.
Good point... I wasn't sure how it works.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by DGibb
Good point... I wasn't sure how it works.
In the app, the voucher gets "redeemed" and a QR code that the FA scans is shown. I'm not sure what the window of time is (someone on here likely does) but if the voucher goes unused it return's to the user's wallet. That's the only scenario I wouldn't want you to encounter in the event they later get used or transferred to another person.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: MileagePlus AAdvantage
Frequent lurker here and figured I would see if anyone had one they would not be using and would be willing to share. Have a couple of long flights for a weeding next week. Nothing expected and understand the large ask.

Cheers!
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Drink voucher give away

I had a thought. I have 8 vouchers that I doubt I will ever need as a Platinum Elite member. Can I just ask the FA to give the first 8 people in economy that order drinks to give them free drinks and use my vouchers instead of them paying? Do you think the FA’s would play along?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Definitely has been reported here, and seems to bring joy… I’ve also had seatmates offer to use vouchers for me when they see me pulling out my credit card—almost always happens in the Exit row (presumably GM/PM who don’t drink and missed the upgrade to C+ or prefer more legroom).
Old Oct 20, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL
When I want to give mine away, I tell the FAs I have drink vouchers to gift to active military who want a drink. Made some well deserving folks happy with that.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by diniasi
When I want to give mine away, I tell the FAs I have drink vouchers to gift to active military who want a drink. Made some well deserving folks happy with that.
are active military (in uniform) allowed to use a drink voucher on a plane.. ?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:34 pm

Hi all! Delta Diamond new here! I have 10 drink vouchers that expire 1/31/2023 so feel free to DM me if you’d like one.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
No idea, I hope they are, especially when going to or coming back home from a deployment. I do see quite often folks in civvies boarding the plane when "active military" is called, plenty of opportunities to gift drink vouchers to military folks, in my experience.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
yes. But don’t disgrace the uniform.
diniasi likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Goodoldflyer
Out of curiosity, do they charge for alcohol drinks at the Skyclub, or are those complimentary?
well drinks are complimentary. High end drinks are for sale.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:59 am

How do you do it?

Ok I have some vouchers to give away. How do you do it online?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I just looked at the Delta app on my phone and found that I have 16 unused drink vouchers that expire at the end of January, 2023. I have had to basically stop drinking because of medical reasons, so the next time I'm on a domestic flight and I see a bunch of military folks I'm going to spring for a bunch of free drinks.
diniasi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.