Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta extends medallion status through '22 Medallion year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta extends medallion status through '22 Medallion year

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by xliioper
They announced extended 2021 status in March 2020, but it did not actually show on your account until around January 7th, 2021. So don't freakout if 2022 extended status doesn't show on your account until sometime early next year.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32947106-post685.html
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.....and remember that current status (without any extensions) is good through the end of January, so it doesn't matter if DL takes close to a month to take care of this.
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
At some point in the last 2-3 days, the Delta website changed to show my Diamond status now expiring 31-Jan-2023.
Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
My PM status extension for next year just updated as well, both in the app and on Delta.com. That wasn't the case as of a couple days ago so it appears to be a recent change.
This is what I see in my account for DL Platinum:

2022 Status: FEB 01 2022 — JAN 31 2023.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wtigerFF
Does anyone know if my timeframe to select my choice benefits for PM and DM will also be extended another year or do I still need to make that selection by 1/31/2022? I was curious if I could take advantage of the Sky Club options for next year; otherwise, the Sky Club choice expires 1/31/2022, regardless of when I select it if I read the info correctly. I haven't redeemed anything yet because I haven't flown DL since I completed the Status Match challenge requirements. I don't see the extension reflected on the DL website or App as some people have but I am trusting that it will happen.
No, there has been no extension to the time you have to choose 2021 Choice Benefits and DL has not stated any intent to do so with the 7/27 status extension announcement. Nor has there been an extension to the term of Sky Club memberships or the gifted status benefits for 2021 Choice Benefits. They extended Sky Club memberships for those who selected them as a 2020 Choice Benefit until 7/31/2021, but they have specifically stated that those who choose the Sky Club membership as a 2021 Choice Benefit will have an expiration of 1/31/2022 as usual. Also, since you did not actually re-earn status for 2022 (they are just extending your existing status), you will not get a set of 2022 Choice Benefits.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 4, 2021 at 4:23 am
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
No, there has been no extension to the time you have to choose 2021 Choice Benefits and DL has not stated any intent to do so with the 7/27 status extension announcement. Nor has there been an extension to the term of Sky Club memberships or the gifted status benefits for 2021 Choice Benefits. They extended Sky Club memberships for those who selected them as a 2020 Choice Benefit until 7/31/2021, but they have specifically stated that those who choose the Sky Club membership as a 2021 Choice Benefit will have an expiration of 1/31/2022 as usual. Also, since you did not actually re-earn status for 2022 (they are just extending your existing status), you will not get a set of 2022 Choice Benefits.
Thanks. that's pretty much what I was expecting so it wouldn't be very helpful to select the Sky Club benefits this late in the season. I'll probably select some upgrades which should last at least a year from when I select them right?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. that's pretty much what I was expecting so it wouldn't be very helpful to select the Sky Club benefits this late in the season. I'll probably select some upgrades which should last at least a year from when I select them right?
Yes, the 2021 Choice Benefit upgrade cert options are good for a year no matter when selected. Just remember to select them before 1/31/2022.
wtigerFF likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:55 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
My status has still not updated for 2022 year, anyone else in the same boat?
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by bloc0102
mine has not been updated either
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bloc0102
It appears you had gifted status -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32265908-post143.html

mine has not been updated either
And it seems you participated in the match promo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2027172-new-status-match-promo-delta.html

From various reports, it doesn't look like they are automatically extending the status of anyone who had gifted status or who had enrolled in a match challenge prior to July 2021 and didn't meet regular requirements for their status in 2021. Unlike last year's extensions, where they specifically addressed such situations and verified they would be extended, the announcement this year did not mention them. It appears some people have had luck pleading their case since they were not specifically excluded in the announcement.
bloc0102 and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:26 pm

It appears you had gifted status -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32265908-post143.html

And it seems you participated in the match promo -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2027172-new-status-match-promo-delta.html

From various reports, it doesn't look like they are automatically extending the status of anyone who had gifted status or who had enrolled in a match challenge prior to July 2021 and didn't meet regular requirements for their status in 2021. Unlike last year's extensions, where they specifically addressed such situations and verified they would be extended, the announcement this year did not mention them. It appears some people have had luck pleading their case since they were not specifically excluded in the announcement.
I did participate in a match promo and completed the requirements for the challenge. What you have stated means that they are not automatically extending anyone who completed a challenge because if the challenge was post July 2021, it already provides status until Jan 2023. The extension did not result in any change for those folks. In any case, you are correct as it appears that most SkyMiles agents believe that if one received status via a status match challenge, one does not qualify for the extension. I was told that multiple times... SkyMiles reviewed it and said I didn't qualify because I hadn't earned it but instead got it via a status match...I'm really sorry... But then I told them to look at their own page which states:
"If you enrolled in the challenge on or after July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022 and you complete the requirements, your Medallion Status will be extended through January 31, 2023."
I initially told them that and that they'd sent me a personalized email telling me that my status was being extended, but they dismissed the possibility until they saw it for themselves. Then it was sent back to SkyMiles again and after a long wait/review, I was told that my account does qualify for the extension and it has been fixed on their end. The agent was very patient as she let me keep trying to convince her otherwise... This was all done via text. With 4 days left in January, if your status has not yet been extended there is a definitely possibility that it won't be unless you can convince them that it should be...I did just see in another thread, though, that someone's extended status was updated today so maybe DL has fixed their system and is doing a sweep. We can hope...

Last edited by wtigerFF; Jan 27, 2022 at 10:36 pm
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess the one distinguishing thing here is that the limited time promotional Elevated Status Match Offer that was run back in October 2020 is not the same thing as the regular ongoing Match Challenge that the text above comes from. They might have not included those who participated in that offer initially.

Status Match Promotions

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 28, 2022 at 3:07 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
...after a long wait/review, I was told that my account does qualify for the extension and it has been fixed on their end.
May I ask how long--days or was this accomplished in real time? I was told over the phone to submit the documentation via the website and am still awaiting a response/updated status several days later.

Perhaps if I chat-in and indicate I want to book some flights but my status has still not been updated, they can lookup the case number from my inquiry...frustrating!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:25 am

I guess the one distinguishing thing here is that the limited time promotional Elevated Status Match Offer that was run back in October 2020 is not the same thing as the regular ongoing Match Challenge that the text above comes from. They might have not included those who participated in that offer initially.

Status Match Promotions
Very True... That may depend on which agent reviews your account. In my case, they never mentioned tanything about the targeted promotional offer. It as always "you did not earn it; you got the status from a status match." I have also never seen any wording about the extension excluding a promotional offer. This thread is about my specific promotional status match offer and the most recent 2 posts are from someone whose account was updated. This specific one mentions that that member's status was updated yesterday.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
May I ask how long--days or was this accomplished in real time? I was told over the phone to submit the documentation via the website and am still awaiting a response/updated status several days later.

Perhaps if I chat-in and indicate I want to book some flights but my status has still not been updated, they can lookup the case number from my inquiry...frustrating!
It was done in real time via chat/messaging... a little over a very stressful 1hr in duration from start to end and allowed me to send them the link to the delta page quoted above (about half way down the page). I didn't see any way to email or submit documentation for this type of issue via the web. That would have allowed me to send them a copy of the email I'd received last summer telling me that my status was being extended but as you've pointed out, leaves you in limbo because you don't know how long it will take for anyone to get back to you.

Also, for some odd reason, it took about 12 hrs for the change to be reflected in my personal iPhone app, even after a reboot, but my work iPhone app showed it right away. I had to log out on my computer and then it reflected my extended status when I logged back in. As long as you see it somewhere, that indicates that it really was changed on the Delta side; it just needs to work its way through the system.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:36 am

It was done in real time via chat/messaging... a little over a very stressful 1hr in duration from start to end and allowed me to send them the link to the delta page quoted above (about half way down the page). I didn't see any way to email or submit documentation for this type of issue via the web. That would have allowed me to send them a copy of the email I'd received last summer telling me that my status was being extended but as you've pointed out, leaves you in limbo because you don't know how long it will take for anyone to get back to you.

Also, for some odd reason, it took about 12 hrs for the change to be reflected in my personal iPhone app, even after a reboot, but my work iPhone app showed it right away. I had to log out on my computer and then it reflected my extended status when I logged back in. As long as you see it somewhere, that indicates that it really was changed on the Delta side; it just needs to work its way through the system.
Thx...appreciate the detail!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:58 pm

I didn't see any way to email or submit documentation for this type of issue via the web.
For future reference (the phone rep guided me here), it's under Site Support on the bottom of the web page. You then oddly have to choose "Login Help" to get to a menu of a variety of help topics. The form allows uploading of documents along with a text inquiry.

As it happens, I did chat-in during a flight today from my phone. The rep tried to push me to call Corporate Customer Care, but after I politely pushed back and mentioned I knew others were able to resolve via chat, he contacted a supervisor and in a matter of minutes, the update was done. I generated a link from my iCloud drive to the email from Ed Bastian and also linked the T&C web page for their review. Had to close and reload the app and the correct status was reflected immediately.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jan 28, 2022 at 4:08 pm
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
For future reference (the phone rep guided me here), it's under Site Support on the bottom of the web page. You then oddly have to choose "Login Help" to get to a menu of a variety of help topics. The form allows uploading of documents along with a text inquiry.

As it happens, I did chat-in during a flight today from my phone. The rep tried to push me to call Corporate Customer Care, but after I politely pushed back and mentioned I knew others were able to resolve via chat, he contacted a supervisor and in a matter of minutes, the update was done. I generated a link from my iCloud drive to the email from Ed Bastian and also linked the T&C web page for their review. Had to close and reload the app and the correct status was reflected immediately.
That's great that you were able to get it resolved! it sounds as if some people have been able to get it resolved in a few minutes while others, like us, had to really fight for it. My telling them that others had been able to get theirs extended from the same promotional challenge didn't help at all in my case... they just kept telling me "I'm sorry. You didn't earn it. You don't qualify"

And thanks for the pointers on using "login help." I'd seen Site Support but none of the topics were related to SkyMiles support...I'll keep in mind using "login help" if the need arises again.
NYC Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.