Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta extends medallion status through '22 Medallion year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta extends medallion status through '22 Medallion year

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2021, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
You can use miles on any partner that books to delta metal and earn elms that way . Very nice for flights to eu and Asia in y or j !
Old Aug 15, 2021, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Its is too bad dl diamonds can can only pick one set of guc's and not 4-8 like ac aa,ua. The way I read the 2022 announcement in theory an earned 25k member 3 years in row rolls over to plat? That an earning mqms on worthless sky pesos ther than Dom perigean or veuve!
Old Aug 15, 2021, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by jfk747
Its is too bad dl diamonds can can only pick one set of guc's and not 4-8 like ac aa,ua. The way I read the 2022 announcement in theory an earned 25k member 3 years in row rolls over to plat? That an earning mqms on worthless sky pesos ther than Dom perigean or veuve!
What value is there for GUCs if *every* Diamond has 4-8 SETS of them - that's 16-32 Global Upgrade Certificates. Each. This forum is *swimming* in complaints about how hard they are to use now! How useful will they be when everyone sits on a pile of them? Or is this a case where *you* want to have that many, but not everyone else?
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:04 am
Suspended

My friends who are 1k , exp ,super elite don't seem to have any qualms with it . If you are a delta diamond and don"t see the value in global upgrades then you can choose from the other choices.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:17 pm

Hey everyone! If I get silver status in 2021 and reach, gold, in July 2022. Would my status go to January 2024 or January 2023? Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:03 pm

Really wish DL would lower the bar for DM MQD’s this year. The world seems to be shutting down again and looks like 90% of my travel this year is going to be personal. Even with the Accelerator that $$ bar just seems too high in this environment...
Spiff and jamesteroh like this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tim Truong
Hey everyone! If I get silver status in 2021 and reach, gold, in July 2022. Would my status go to January 2024 or January 2023? Thanks.
Each year, you are working toward Medallion status for the following year. As a courtesy, Delta allow you to start using those benefits immediately.

When you "hit silver" in 2021, you are earning Silver Medallion status for the 2022 calendar year. Those benefits end on Jan 31, 2023.

When you hit Gold in (during) 2022, you are earning Gold for the 2023 calendar year. Those benefits end on Jan 31, 2024.
Pocatello and Tim Truong like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I may very well finish the year with a half million MQMs banked and YTD MQDs (with accelerator) $800
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Really wish DL would lower the bar for DM MQD’s this year. The world seems to be shutting down again and looks like 90% of my travel this year is going to be personal. Even with the Accelerator that $$ bar just seems too high in this environment...
they did.....via the accelerator. Instead of $15k spend you need just $10k.

then they did it some more by allowing points redemption tickets to accrue relative MQD.

then, they did it even more by adding the new 'lite' levels. If you're already DM, you will be again next year without even stepping foot on any plane this year, nor whipping your credit card out a single time. You'll be DM lite.

for some the world has shut down. For others, it has opened up. I've taken less work trips this year, about the same personal ones and should retain GM with a slight MQM carry over because of the accelerator for which I'm thankful. I know 2 people who will become DM this year for the first time from leisure travel. Their world has definitely opened up!

A loyalty program will rarely be all things to all people and especially in the curve ball times we are living with.... but expecting it to be akin to a printing press stimulating a depressed economy is probably a bit ambitious.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Tim Truong
GM would go through all of 2023 and January 2024.
Tim Truong likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:23 pm

Currently Diamond - qualified Platinum for 22. Do I have the details right?

I am currently a Diamond Medallion (Earned 2020 status from 2019 activity, extended into 2021). Based on 2021 activity (for 2022 status) I will have earned Platinum Medallion by virtue of rollover MQM and Delta Reserve spend waiver ($35K spent to date, will not hit $250K before EOY). I think what this means is the following:
  1. I will keep Diamond status for 2022 by virtue of Delta's status extension (assuming Delta IT doesn't see that I earned 2022 Platinum and rolls me back accidentally)
  2. I will earn Platinum Choice Benefits for 2022 but NOT Diamond Choice Benefits
  3. I will have slightly lower upgrade priority (extended status) vs those who earned Diamond status outright for travel in 2022. However, an extended Diamond will still be prioritized over an earned Platinum for upgrades
Just looking for confirmation that I understand everything correctly - I think I've sorted through all the details correctly but would appreciate confirmation from the community. Thanks!

-db
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
This is my understanding.

I've seen some debate on how choice benefits will be handled but my reading of the announcement aligns with what you've stated.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've wondered whether upgrade priority will have levels for something like extended DM, earned PM, then extended DM, earned GM, etc., but I suspect most extended DMs will have earned PM via the AmEx MQD waiver, etc., so it wouldn't matter much.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 11:44 am

That seems waaaay too granular for DL to code around. I am going to earn PM this year barring some additional surprise trips and I'm expecting to be treated just like a zero-flight extended DM next year. If I get more than that I'll take it as a pleasant surprise.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 11:46 am

I am not sure that I would just assume "most DMs will have earned PM" though... not everyone has the Amex waiver and lots of people don't have tons and tons of excess MQMs they're rolling over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.