Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What Happen When You Reach 3 Million MQMs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,

Just noticed that I am only 18,000 MOMS short of 3 million lifetime. I don't believe that there are changes in lifetime Medallion status at that level. What does Delta when someone crosses the 3MM threshold?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Congrats!

Welcome to Three Million Miles
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
As been said many, many times. Search is your friend.
buckeye91 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

So at 3MM, you get an "attaboy!". Is there any gift offered?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Looks like new luggage tags and the ability to choose a gift at a later date possibly. It’s all in the screenshot of the other post.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Surely you didn't fly 3MM for the gift!
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Just noticed that I am only 18,000 MOMS short of 3 million lifetime. I don't believe that there are changes in lifetime Medallion status at that level. What does Delta when someone crosses the 3MM threshold?
You get put on the "pay no mind" list.
photojojo and Spiff like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
Surely you didn't fly 3MM for the gift!
Didn't come anywhere close to flying 3 million miles.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 8:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
You get to check your E-mail every week for an order-select for fancy luggage
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:49 pm

New bag tags and a gift https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../million-miler
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond WN A List
In my case, nothing. Same when I hit 4, then 5 million
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Didn't come anywhere close to flying 3 million miles.
3MM is still quite an impressive number even if you didn’t fly every one of these miles BIS. I was at a FF event a few weeks ago where everyone bragged about their MM numbers being inflated because of CC spend, promos, and etc. I told them that I kept track of my flying down to the BIS metric and actually flew DL 2MM without any Delta Connection, SkyTeam Partners, or Partners and they were impressed. If we included all of those it would be at around 2.5MM.

Congratulations on the achievement though!
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:31 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

Congratulations on the achievement though!
That's about all that the Delta E-mail to you will say
Intl359Widget and Spiff like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:35 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Since the MM 'life-time'* tier allocation was at a time where the Diamond level did not exist - one could (sort of) understand the 1M silver, 2-3M Gold and 4M Platinum. When the Diamond level got introduced, with the unavoidable downgrade of the Platinum benefits, it made imminent sense for Delta to make 3MM 'life-time'* Platinum' But obviously that did not happen and may (likely will?) never happen.

I am about 3 years from retirement and will be a ">3MM" (=< 3.5MM) so 'life-time'* gold it is! - while it doesn't mean that much, as most of my coach travel I appreciate upgraded (mandated by many of my travel sponsors) will disappear, and thus with my private domestic or international travel being in first/BC either coming out of my 3+ million miles in the bank, or paid for out of my retirement account!! [:-) ] - but it would have been nice to get that nod from DL for a near lifetime, of being a loyal, and very frequent traveler, at the 3MM threshold instead of being 'given the privilege of keeping my life-time Gold status!'*

* 'Life-time status at Delta': unclear who's life!? the CEO's?, CFO's?, My dog's? or a fruit fly? - see they never use that term 'life-time' anymore as they did back in the day - so who the heck knows!

As I started out with my frequent flying in Seattle in the mid-`1980's' - I flew the first 10 years on United and achieved platinum status or whatever it was called back then, with them - had Delta been more present in Seattle at that time, I would have crossed the 4M mark by now!
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
If I received an email from Delta after hitting 3MM I missed it. The crew on the flight had no idea. I could select the gift on the website but that was it. I am still disappointed that Delta didn't do something to improve the value for hitting 3MM when they added the Diamond level. I went from the middle to below middle as a lowly Gold. They could add some additional upgrade certificates as an example.

It is one reason I moved much more of my travel to Alaska. My father hit 1MM on them and they had cake and balloons at the gate prior to departure.
arunhn and Spiff like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.