Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to Three Million Miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Welcome to Three Million Miles

Somewhere between Spartanburg and Charlotte around 10:15 am on Sunday, I crossed into three million mile land, probably the last mileage threshhold I have it in me to cross. I'm now sitting on 3,000,416 MQMs. It took me 37 years almost to the day to do this (I joined the Delta Frequent Flyer program in March, 1984). My first flight as a member of the program was on an L-1011, TPA-MSY. (I was in the middle of a multi-city business trip which involved segments on Eastern (1), Delta (2) and Republic (3) and took me to Gainesville, FL, Lafayette, LA and Columbus and West Point, MS. I was 29 years old then.

Delta has electronically updated my million miler status, and sent me the following e-mail messge:

Nice Message from Delta Brass

I thank everyone I've met along the way, including all my friends here on FlyerTalk!!!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Congrats! Definitely a lot of flying.

Enjoy your continued complimentary annual gold medallion benefits and luggage tags
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Congratulations!

I'm not that far off from the 2MM mark on Delta either.

That is a testament to our loyalty and penchant for sitting on airplanes.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Welcome to the club. Did any of the crew acknowledge you?
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
Congratulations - a hard feat to accomplish. I only made 2 MM before I retired.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
The pandemic ruined my last chance to make it to 3MM.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
That's a shame that DL is only Gold after 3MM.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Ahhh, Delta L-1011. I loved that aircraft.

Congrats on the 3MM
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
That's a shame that DL is only Gold after 3MM.
Agree...should be PM.
CO-PLAT and El Boocho like this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:50 pm

Congrats! I hope the gift choice is great.

I’m at 2MM. I’m hoping to retire in about 12-13 years so 3MM is probable if I stick with DL. 4MM is possible depending on a few things, but unlikely in my current and foreseeable roles.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
I'm at 2.9 MM Miles and hope to reach 3 MM next year! I'm disappointed that they maintain only Gold Medallion, the same as at 2 MM. But I'll survive. CONGRATULATIONS!
Old Mar 17, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HohoGAP
I'm at 2.9 MM Miles and hope to reach 3 MM next year! I'm disappointed that they maintain only Gold Medallion, the same as at 2 MM. But I'll survive. CONGRATULATIONS!
See this is where I think the system is not good for Delta and for the customer. I don't even know where I am. 2.3, 2.4, 2.5? I really don't know. I have no "hope" to get to 3 MM on any particular timeline, if ever. The status I have doesn't get me .... day to day and only a couple of fairly nice gifts at two milestones.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by indufan
See this is where I think the system is not good for Delta and for the customer. I don't even know where I am. 2.3, 2.4, 2.5? I really don't know. I have no "hope" to get to 3 MM on any particular timeline, if ever. The status I have doesn't get me .... day to day and only a couple of fairly nice gifts at two milestones.
I'm not sure if you were talking specifically about DL's MM program or all airline MM programs in general... it does feel bad that DL doesn't give anything for 3MM, since e.g. UA gives Platinum at 3MM and GS at 4MM, but UA also only counts BIS miles so for those who get AMEX MQMs or fly 150% MQM fares it can be easier to get to DM MM status.

As for not knowing where you are, it's on the Skymiles summary page, so it's not exactly hidden But taken less literally, I get your more general point that it just feels like a large number. For someone who just makes it to the DM threshold each year it would still take 8 years per million MQMs...
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm not sure if you were talking specifically about DL's MM program or all airline MM programs in general... it does feel bad that DL doesn't give anything for 3MM, since e.g. UA gives Platinum at 3MM and GS at 4MM, but UA also only counts BIS miles so for those who get AMEX MQMs or fly 150% MQM fares it can be easier to get to DM MM status.

As for not knowing where you are, it's on the Skymiles summary page, so it's not exactly hidden But taken less literally, I get your more general point that it just feels like a large number. For someone who just makes it to the DM threshold each year it would still take 8 years per million MQMs...
I know how to look it up, I just don't give a crap. I am so far from the next milestone that means anything (4 MM) it is pointless. It is both Delta and all airlines that get me. What does my 2 MM status currently get me. Absolutely nothing. Two things I think they could do which is #1 count it as a tiebreaker for upgrades. #2 start your Medallion year at the FO or GM or PM base and you only have to get the difference. I don't know what I think about the MQDs. I am sure someone will say it that there is no incentive for DL to reward MM for past travel. But if PM status was given at 3 MM, I might have some incentive to get there. I am generally a supporter of Delta but I think their entire MM program sucks.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by ND76
Somewhere between Spartanburg and Charlotte around 10:15 am on Sunday, I crossed into three million mile land, probably the last mileage threshhold I have it in me to cross. I'm now sitting on 3,000,416 MQMs. It took me 37 years almost to the day to do this (I joined the Delta Frequent Flyer program in March, 1984). My first flight as a member of the program was on an L-1011, TPA-MSY. (I was in the middle of a multi-city business trip which involved segments on Eastern (1), Delta (2) and Republic (3) and took me to Gainesville, FL, Lafayette, LA and Columbus and West Point, MS. I was 29 years old then.
That's fantastic ND76; congratulations!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.