Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crazy Lines/Waits at LAX T2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
This is helpful info. I have a likely need on a shortish connection to use the T2 to B bus.

I will also need to get a Hawaii Preclear wristband. Has anyone seen where those are provided? I do have Skyclub access in case they are also being given out there. Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I will also need to get a Hawaii Preclear wristband. Has anyone seen where those are provided? I do have Skyclub access in case they are also being given out there. Thanks!
They are: Does Delta issue the covid 'safe travels' wristbands (HI)?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
That’s awesome.

Line is clearly for CLEAR and not Sky Priority.
The Sky Priority line is literally right next to it though. Can’t they just step one step to the left?

It is a strange setup though as the SP line always seems to have the rope closed and it’s confusing if it is open or not. I never see anyone in that queue.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
The Sky Priority line is literally right next to it though. Can’t they just step one step to the left?
It's just a jump to the left...

Pocatello likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Came through on Monday morning last week for the 9am A350 LAX-ATL flight. I was running very late and arrived at Security at 8:25am for a 9am departure time with Clear at T2. I made it the plane by 845am including a bus so it wasnt bad but Clear+Pre was the only reason I made it. Madhouse otherwise.
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:07 pm

Tweet from LAX showing the progress on T3. As painful here and there things may be short term, I still think it was a good plan to go all in when the pandemic hit to get this done faster. The new T3 is really coming along!

becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Tweet from LAX showing the progress on T3. As painful here and there things may be short term, I still think it was a good plan to go all in when the pandemic hit to get this done faster. The new T3 is really coming along!

https://twitter.com/flylaxairport/st...841632809?s=21
Has T1.5 relieved the T2 TSA congestion at all since it opened? Good to see the progress on T2. Looks like it should be open by early Q2 of next year based on the progress.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Has T1.5 relieved the T2 TSA congestion at all since it opened? Good to see the progress on T2. Looks like it should be open by early Q2 of next year based on the progress.
I was just thinking about that. The passage between T1 and T2 is open, with virtually no one going between them, except for the access to the Terminal Shuttles. If you don't have any bags to check, and have already boarding pass in hand, it might be a great idea to bypass the Terminal 2 security.....and go to Terminal 1...... I haven't done that in practice, but in theory, it might be possible.......(For now, don't try this until you can confirm in Terminal 1 that passage is open, and have sufficient time)

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Dec 3, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I still think it was a good plan to go all in when the pandemic hit to get this done faster.
I agree. SLC did the same thing too, short term pain but reach the finish line much faster.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Hard to tell, but my casual observations are that things look pretty much the same. That said, my longest wait time ever at T2 security with Clear/Pre has been about 5 minutes. I’ve long held that it looks much worse than it actually is. Non pre/non clear though is likely very different, and this could be a great option.

Originally Posted by jiburi
I was just thinking about that. The passage between T1 and T2 is open, with virtually no one going between them, except for the access to the Terminal Shuttles. If you don't have any bags to check, and have already boarding pass in hand, it might be a great idea to bypass the Terminal 2 security.....and go to Terminal 1...... I haven't done that in practice, but in theory, it might be possible.......(For now, don't try this until you can confirm in Terminal 1 that passage is open, and have sufficient time)

Jiburi
Look back about a dozen posts or so for discussion on this topic. Yes it is possible, and yes the connector is open.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:52 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Once again this morning, bag drop at T2 was a madhouse, and so was T2 security.

T1.5 security was a dream come true. Zero wait (even for non- PreCheck) and a nice clean, modern building. Plenty of helpful ppl (in T1.5, not T2) to direct me to my gate in T2.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Once again this morning, bag drop at T2 was a madhouse, and so was T2 security.

T1.5 security was a dream come true. Zero wait (even for non- PreCheck) and a nice clean, modern building. Plenty of helpful ppl (in T1.5, not T2) to direct me to my gate in T2.
I used T1.5 once just to find out what it was like and also encountered several people concerned about whether or not I knew where my gate was. I don't think there's any time benefit if you have CLEAR/Pre.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
T2 SkyPriority check-in was packed today. There was an agent at the end of the line confirming SkyPriority status and guiding passengers with ticketing issues to a separate line from simple bag drops. I mentioned I was Diamond when asked if I qualified for Sky Priority by the agent...waited in the line for about 5-7 minutes (half way through?) and was then randomly pulled out of the line by an agent who took me around the corner to the main counter where someone immediately took my bags--not quite a Porsche ride, but nice touch DL!
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Liquor is back at the KAL lounge. Coors light is still thr only beer choice. Same food choices as my last two trips out in 2021.
But this is the best thing seen from the KAL lounge.

NOLAnwGOLD, CO-PLAT and Pocatello like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by bsagator
But this is the best thing seen from the KAL lounge.
If you're referring to the "reopening soon" message, it's said that since at least September:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post33573117

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.