Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best and worst DL outstations?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:00 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
It sounds like Delta has a lot of great outstations....but I'll still add TPA to the list. They've got a nice club there and the staff is always great. TPA has good connections to the DL network (before covid, anyway) and even has a crew base.
GaryO3 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
MSY is A1, especially the SkyClub.
Obviously different now in COVID times but the local food options for every meal are great.
The Club hours are increasing next Friday and more Club reps are returning to work.
rylan likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
BDL is a fantastic out-station. There is one man in particular who is fabulous both at his job and in customer service. DAB is also another wonderful outstation. Can't really think of a bad one, either as a paid passenger nor as a non-rev. The hubs are a different story.
+1 for BDL. I might be biased because it's my home airport, but for being a relatively small outstation, the team is super on the ball.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
Agree, the staff at MCO are generally quite good, been a long time but at one point eh SEA staff were excellent too, haven't experienced them in a while and I know SEA has been given hub status since then.

As far as the worst, LAX has to be my #1 for Delta, what a bunch of useless idiots work at that station. I know Delta markets LAX as a hub, but I'm not really convinced.
LAX is definitely the worst! I once had a terrible GA and red-coat I was dealing with after taking an VDB on an oversold flight and nearly got shafted out of a voucher that was quoted by the agents because the new flight they put me on was a “non-stop” and got in a few mins earlier than my original scheduled flights and was told they are doing me a favor so no compensation is needed! I specifically choose and paid more for the connecting flight option due to it being on a wide-body and the non-stop option actually got me in too early as I had to wait at the airport until my ride was available. Had to end up fighting with corporate care over this one to get my voucher!
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: DL - PM
I'm a St. Louis native and until I read your post I never really appreciated how good Delta's team is there. I guess I never thought about it since the airport itself is so bad. But Delta's staff are fantastic. Is Karla with a K still around?

I'll also give a shout-out to the outstation where I live now, BOI. Another great team to work with (Hi Kendra and Ahmed!).
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
I love MLB!
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by VolareBene
I love MLB!
I love MLB as well, but many of their employees are very senior and the majority either took the retirement package or are on leave right now. Apparently they are going to need to hire new employees to make up for it so hopefully it stays a good outstation.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Shout out to GSO staff, they've always been really good.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond National EE
Originally Posted by ldonnelly
Living in STL, I've noticed that Delta has some real gems here. They're generally proactive, kind, and quick to help customers when connection issues may arise. The AAgents, unfortunately, are a mixed bag. I've been dismissed at the baggage service office and snapped at by gate agents. Overall, I think DL does a pretty good job at the St. Louis outstation.

So what are your best and worst selections for DL outstations? STL is definitely near the top of my list.
I fly to STL 2x a month (for past decade) on DL. The team is excellent, very friendly and extremely efficient. I'm always confident they will solve issues if they arise. Heck, a few years ago, we were stuck in sunny STL because of groundstop in MSP. Even with 90 min conx - safe bet I'd miss last flight out. Gate agent pulled me from the plane because she'd already rebooked me on last UA flight to DEN that day. If only STL had a SkyClub....
mot29 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I love the staff at ORD, LAS and EWR
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
SAN and MKE are always pleasant to fly in and out of. Good staff at the checkin and at the gates. SkyClubs are on the small side but are rarely packed.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I want to say my home airport RDU is great, the lounge staff and GAs at RDU are very good. Plus if you aren’t checking a bag (and are precheck) you can get from curb to gate in 5-7 minutes which is great (I’ve arrived and walked straight onto the plane numerous times).

However, the check-in agents are atrocious and the fact that for some bizarre reason RDU has a 45 minute cutoff time for checked baggage makes it decidedly a mixed bag.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
As someone who is originally from STL, and grew up in the days of Ozark and TWA, and then flew AA, DL at STL is so much better than AA. STL just needs a SkyClub.

Being DCA based, I think our DL staff is pretty good. Club is great. Desk and gate staff aren’t bad. I’ve seen much worse.
SJC, RDU are decent.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Duplicate deleted
Old Apr 29, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
DCA GAs are OK. I noticed a change in GAs started about four years ago. Many of the pmDL and pmNW legacy gate agents (LaJuan and Younnis, for example) either retired or are otherwise no longer at DCA, or I am not flying during their shifts.

Seems to be the newer DCA GAs who back-filled the legacy staff who are not as proactive or do not know as many IROPS insider tricks (one legacy GA years ago got me booked the Saturday before Christmas when all flights were nearly sold out and there was a cx. Creative routing using the old CVG flights and then some backtracking).

Last edited by dtwtransport; Apr 29, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.