Best and worst DL outstations?

Old Apr 28, 21, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
Best and worst DL outstations?

Living in STL, I've noticed that Delta has some real gems here. They're generally proactive, kind, and quick to help customers when connection issues may arise. The AAgents, unfortunately, are a mixed bag. I've been dismissed at the baggage service office and snapped at by gate agents. Overall, I think DL does a pretty good job at the St. Louis outstation.

So what are your best and worst selections for DL outstations? STL is definitely near the top of my list.
Old Apr 28, 21, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by ldonnelly View Post
Living in STL, I've noticed that Delta has some real gems here. They're generally proactive, kind, and quick to help customers when connection issues may arise. The AAgents, unfortunately, are a mixed bag. I've been dismissed at the baggage service office and snapped at by gate agents. Overall, I think DL does a pretty good job at the St. Louis outstation.

So what are your best and worst selections for DL outstations? STL is definitely near the top of my list.
YYZ is my favorite. ATL is my least favorite.
Old Apr 28, 21, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
YYZ is my favorite. ATL is my least favorite.
ATL is an outstation??
Old Apr 28, 21, 9:02 pm
was FlyEndeavourAir

Programs: Non-Rev, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Global Entry
BDL is a fantastic out-station. There is one man in particular who is fabulous both at his job and in customer service. DAB is also another wonderful outstation. Can't really think of a bad one, either as a paid passenger nor as a non-rev. The hubs are a different story.
Old Apr 28, 21, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
MCI has always been great, agent helpful and proactive. In 2019 they called my cell to see if I was boarding (I was perilously late in an Uber) and they said they would hold the door as long as practical. (I made it!)

DCA in the 2 pre COVID years was the worst for me. Lounge staff great, gate staff terrible, 2 flights in 2018 where it was obvious they never bothered to clear the upgrade list (TV didn't change, once boarded and during flight it was obvious most F seats were vacant).
MCI777 and WSTC like this.
Old Apr 28, 21, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
MCO is great! Lots of very friendly senior employees there, especially in the SkyClub!
cmd320 and Ryno1234 like this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 2:39 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
I don't have significant experience, but always find PHX to be good. The Skyclub is great (better than most in ATL), the terminal is new, and staff are friendly. Oh, and bags are faster than the 20min guarantee, such that they are often delivered before I make it to baggage claim (not the shortest walk).
Old Apr 29, 21, 4:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice View Post
MCI has always been great, agent helpful and proactive. In 2019 they called my cell to see if I was boarding (I was perilously late in an Uber) and they said they would hold the door as long as practical. (I made it!)

DCA in the 2 pre COVID years was the worst for me. Lounge staff great, gate staff terrible, 2 flights in 2018 where it was obvious they never bothered to clear the upgrade list (TV didn't change, once boarded and during flight it was obvious most F seats were vacant).
Yeah DCA is definitely the worst major outstation. The SC agents are great, but the GAs almost all suck, and the ticket agents are mixed. One time I had to get the red coat to force a lazy GA to clear my SDC, and another I had to call the PM line and the GA was pissed when I got the seat and boarded the flight.

Hopefully things have been cleaned up a bit. Delta can't afford to have a bad operation in such an important station.
Old Apr 29, 21, 4:15 am

A lot of my travel has been on hiatus, but when I did I liked DEN and PBI staffs. Worst, definitely DCA.
Old Apr 29, 21, 5:09 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Best - SRQ and GRR
Worst - LGA, LAS and AZO
Old Apr 29, 21, 6:25 am

Programs: American, Spirit, Air Niugini
Originally Posted by ldonnelly View Post

+1 for STL. I used to fly them in and out of there fairly frequently and they were exceptional. Mind you this was in 2010 and 2011, so this is not the most updated informations.
Old Apr 29, 21, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
MCO is great! Lots of very friendly senior employees there, especially in the SkyClub!
Agree, the staff at MCO are generally quite good, been a long time but at one point eh SEA staff were excellent too, haven't experienced them in a while and I know SEA has been given hub status since then.

As far as the worst, LAX has to be my #1 for Delta, what a bunch of useless idiots work at that station. I know Delta markets LAX as a hub, but I'm not really convinced.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 21, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K
YYZ is my base, so always have good experience. Still lots of grumpy security agents at T3, but that's not a Delta issue.

Always had excellent experience with ticket agent and gate agent (same people pretty much) at ANC, MCO, and ABQ

Skyclub staff at SEA are excellent, but mixed bag for check in agent. Had a few times where they checked me in but didn't scan my passport, so I had to scan again at the gate.

My least favorite experience with ticket agent and gate agent is ATL.
Old Apr 29, 21, 8:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
As far as the worst, LAX has to be my #1 for Delta, what a bunch of useless idiots work at that station. I know Delta markets LAX as a hub, but I'm not really convinced.

I would say the same with its rivals at LAX, and TSA. What does that say about LA?
Old Apr 29, 21, 8:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat, HY Globule
I will give a shout out to GRB. Everyone is busy but have been unfailingly nice and helpful.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: