Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta- No Carry-On Weight Restrictions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta- No Carry-On Weight Restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
How did agent weigh the bag? There's no certified scales other than at checkin. Also assuming UA has no weight limit, it wasn't overweight.
She did not weight the bag. She could barely lift it. The pax did not dispute the assessment, just paid the charge. I am sure he knew how heavy it was.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Europeans seem to be very excited about weighing carryon bags, but I've never come across that on a US Airline.

Here's a little clip explaining baggage:
chica and tardyturtle like this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
A few years ago, on a UA F award ticket, I had a LH agent at MXP insist that my carry on duffel was too heavy, even though I had a two carry on allowance and the bag weighed less than the combined allowance. So I had to split it into two bags (fortunately I had a shopping bag folded in there) to clear security and boarding for the empty 60 minute hop to FRA, then merge them again once I got onto the plane. One of the stupider things I had encountered for a while.
MSPeconomist and cmd320 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.