Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2021, 3:38 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Using the DL APP (on my iphone) I was "pricing" an award ticket in FC, after selecting flts, the estimate of MQMs and MQDs earned is ZERO, but with the accelerator promo award tickets are supposed to earn MQs--is that a "glitch" in their system?
Assuming everything is really OK, how would the receipt show the "fare" for the trip? [DL is valuing RDMs @ $0.01 per mile for the promo.]
Old May 17, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nrr
Using the DL APP (on my iphone) I was "pricing" an award ticket in FC, after selecting flts, the estimate of MQMs and MQDs earned is ZERO, but with the accelerator promo award tickets are supposed to earn MQs--is that a "glitch" in their system?
Assuming everything is really OK, how would the receipt show the "fare" for the trip? [DL is valuing RDMs @ $0.01 per mile for the promo.]
The calculator is not changed to account for this promo. The receipt will show what you paid- the number of miles plus any taxes.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
503 base MQMs from IND-MSP in First class and a bonus of 568 MQMs for 2022 Medallion Status Accelerator. By my math the 568 MQMs for the bonus accelerator is correct (503*1.5)*.75 = 568, so strangely it's calculating the base correctly to calculate bonus accelerator but isn't posting the base correctly. Same goes for MSP-CUN segment, also in First.

Keep an eye on your Base MQMs! A good indication it is wrong is it your Accelerator amount is greater than your Base MQMs.

I'll wait until end of May for them to sort it out.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by nrr
From my reading of the rules, it looks like your computation IS correct.
How does DL breakdown your MQMs, there should be a pre-accelerator listing, and in a separate listing accelerator MQM.[On the app vs delta.com different breakdowns are shown, but the MQMs totals seem OK.]
By any chance were you on a single flight from your dep. pt. to Cancun with a stop (but not a connection)? Were you all fc? Were you all on DL (not a partner for the 503 miles)?
DL "claims" that by 5/31 the correct values will post...you still have 15 days.
Sorry meant to quote you - I posted about the MQM breakdown - base was 503 MQM. Two different flight numbers, both in first class, both on DL metal.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:48 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmontemb
503 base MQMs from IND-MSP in First class and a bonus of 568 MQMs for 2022 Medallion Status Accelerator. By my math the 568 MQMs for the bonus accelerator is correct (503*1.5)*.75 = 568, so strangely it's calculating the base correctly to calculate bonus accelerator but isn't posting the base correctly. Same goes for MSP-CUN segment, also in First.

Keep an eye on your Base MQMs! A good indication it is wrong is it your Accelerator amount is greater than your Base MQMs.

I'll wait until end of May for them to sort it out.
The APP vs delta.com displays the breakdowns in different formats, comparing the two might be useful.
For my one (so far) PAID with $ trip after 4/1, on delta.com the bonus MQDs were displayed, on the APP the line entry didn't appear until 2 weeks after my trip, but the correct total MQDs were listed on the APP and delta.com a day after my trip's completion.
In another thread I noted issues getting estimates of MQDs for a future DL Vacation package, it took several calls to the DM line and DL Vacation (with long holds) to get an estimate, ultimately their value was $1 off from mine [round-off?], after I fly at the end of May, I'll see what really posts.
In my case I'll easily have enough MQMs to requalify for DM, it's the MQDs that I need.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:45 am

I just requested a flight change using Delta's texting service, from DL 49 to DL 47, on a ticket purchased via Delta. But my flight is now showing up as "KL6020 (Operated by DL 47)"

Anyone know if this would not qualify for the accelerator? The promotion makes no mention of codeshares, only Delta flights vs Partner Airlines. And this is technically a Delta flight (right?)

And out of curiosity why would my flight show up this way in the first place?
Old May 17, 2021, 10:54 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkt80
I just requested a flight change using Delta's texting service, from DL 49 to DL 47, on a ticket purchased via Delta. But my flight is now showing up as "KL6020 (Operated by DL 47)"

Anyone know if this would not qualify for the accelerator? The promotion makes no mention of codeshares, only Delta flights vs Partner Airlines. And this is technically a Delta flight (right?)

See what is listed on the APP, the APP and delta.com are not always synchronized.
Even though PARTNER flts don't benefit from the accelerator, their UNIQUE computation method may net better at the end.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, it doesn't qualify for promo as flights must be both DL operated and marketed. It's in the FAQs and T&C's --
  • All flights, including Award Travel Tickets, that are operated and marketed by Delta, Delta Connection® Carriers or Delta Shuttle® (the flight number beginning with ‘DL’) and flown between April 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021 will receive a 50% bonus of MQMs, MQSs and MQDs for tickets purchased in Basic Economy or Main Cabin, or a 75% bonus of MQMs, MQSs and MQDs for tickets purchased in Delta Comfort+®, First Class, Delta Premium Select or Delta One®.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Strange. If you're located in Europe, could your request have been handled by AF/KLM agents?

I would request that it be changed to the DL flight number, as you requested, not just for the accelerator promo but also for convenience in seat selection, meal orders (assuming that this feature is brought back by the time of your trip), IROPs handling through DL, etc.

OTOH, I notice that you were booked onto the KLM codeshare in class J. Is it possible that the flight is sold out under the DL flight number?
Old May 17, 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Strange. If you're located in Europe, could your request have been handled by AF/KLM agents?

I would request that it be changed to the DL flight number, as you requested, not just for the accelerator promo but also for convenience in seat selection, meal orders (assuming that this feature is brought back by the time of your trip), IROPs handling through DL, etc.

OTOH, I notice that you were booked onto the KLM codeshare in class J. Is it possible that the flight is sold out under the DL flight number?
False alarm! The above screenshot was taken after the delta text rep had changed my flight, but before the ticket had been re-issued. This took almost a half hour, so I didn't realize it would change once the ticket was re-issued, but it did!

Was able to take advantage of a 15 min schedule change to change my connection in AMS to an earlier flight (reducing my layover by 2.5 hours) which would have otherwise cost me ~2k. I heart Delta.
Old May 18, 2021, 7:26 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hey Folks,
any luck with pay with miles tickets posting with the cash portion? My cash portion posted without the bonus. Is there any clarification on PWM tickets or anyone else with experience?
Old May 19, 2021, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Hey Folks,
any luck with pay with miles tickets posting with the cash portion? My cash portion posted without the bonus. Is there any clarification on PWM tickets or anyone else with experience?
A very helpful SMS agent was able to work with the skymiles desk and get this fixed for me.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ten days from the deadline - still waiting on several award flights to post MQMs and MQDs here.
Old May 20, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I flew LAX-LAS yesterday and my MQMs posted immediately after the flight. Wonder if this means there have been improvements with accelerator crediting for award tickets, as that was what I flew with.
Old May 20, 2021, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Akiestar
I flew LAX-LAS yesterday and my MQMs posted immediately after the flight. Wonder if this means there have been improvements with accelerator crediting for award tickets, as that was what I flew with.
My MQD/MQM bonus posted immediately for an award flight last weekend. The MQS bonus posted separately a day later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.