Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Huge Alaska Route Expansion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
among other things, has JFK-ANC & SLC-FAI ever been done before on DL? I know DTW-ANC has.
SLC-FAI was flown seasonally pre-merger (and up to 3x daily SLC-ANC during the summer). SLC-FAI was killed shortly after the merger, SLC-ANC dropped to 1x, then seasonal and dropped completely - and has gone back and forth a few times since then.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
Will jfk anc be delta none?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by p100a
Even worse. Just regular First Crap.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
A related sidebar: We went to JNU for Memorial Day weekend about 3 years ago when there was a $270RT sale from MSP.
Had no idea what to expect; nearly 90% of its tourism came from cruise ship traffic. It was absolutely in the top 5 trips we've ever taken! In a 4 day trip, we managed to:
1) Drive to the glacier park and overlook
2) Go whale watching, seeing a couple blue whales and literally dozens of orcas, along with other animals and thousands-- thousands! -- of eagles. We can recommend a company that does very small, 6-person limit boats --Harv and Marv's.
3) Go hiking above the city, getting up to the top in a fairly easy hike. Really gorgeous views
4) Highlight was doing the Wings Airways Taku Lodge Feast and 5-glacier seaplane discovery -- take a seaplane from the main port to a cabin on the water several miles away, overflying several stunning glaciers. It's expensive ($200-300 I think?) but if it's back in service this summer, we highly recommend it.
5) Just being in town when the cruise ships were gone was awesome. Guessing it's quiet these days, which may not be bad.
Anyone who needs details on the above feel free to PM me.
navi_jen and simonsuo like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover
JFK-ANC comes out at 70 miles shorter than JFK-LHR. the idea of that on a domestic config first seat is painful to think about!
Longer flight time sitting butt in seat westbound than eastbound.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
With international probably not rebounding until well into 2022 and JFK-LAX business travel still reduced, I am surprised Delta isn't giving the JFK-ANC route the 767 or at least a D1 config 757. Might be an maintenance concern or an issue with getting a qualified pilot to fly it out of ANC.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
This definitely added more options to any DONE3 itinerary with oneworld. I am looking at the AS routes, of course.

Last edited by allset2travel; Mar 12, 2021 at 2:46 pm Reason: to add
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by p100a
As of now, all of these routes will be just regular domestic F service (no formal Delta One). If the current COVID service protocols are still in effect when these routes start, the snack bag with 8.5oz bottled water + flight fuel box + a choice of beer/wine will be the only offerings onboard for F pax.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by The Situation
Love this line in the advertisement: "Vacationers traveling to and from Alaska will enjoy enhanced customer comfort as all flights to Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau will be operated by larger mainline aircraft like the Boeing 737-900." Umm...I guess they truly are going after the vacation market that has no idea that the 737-900 is the worst a/c in the fleet
A matter of opinion. I don't like he 739 but i dislike 332 and 333 even more in F. Lousy storage, both overhead and at the seat, crappy IFE, and poor window alignment. The only benefit is lie-flat seats.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
JFK-ANC Memories. My favorite CO MR, JFK-IAH-ANC-IAH-JFK. Over 9300 miles. TWA used to fly it direct with a 747.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:27 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Is it already loaded?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TBD
Is it already loaded?
No but it probably should be in there by tomorrow with schedule change Saturday. Sounds like we’re going to get the full May schedule released tomorrow!
Old Mar 12, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by hi55us
With international probably not rebounding until well into 2022 and JFK-LAX business travel still reduced, I am surprised Delta isn't giving the JFK-ANC route the 767 or at least a D1 config 757. Might be an maintenance concern or an issue with getting a qualified pilot to fly it out of ANC.
pilots would not be the driver of this fleet decision ... any 757 pilot can fly the 767-300ER and vice versa ... they are all one big family (The 764 drivers are separate, & can't cross over, even to the 763s). They just have to build the rotations to deadhead a crew up there the day prior to the weekend flights, so they are in position to bring it out of ANC after they rest.

a D1 config 757 would actually be great out of JFK, because its less weight. fewer seats, and they all have winglets too. A full ATL-ANC on a domestic 757 with 199 seats is always tight on weight, especially if you have to carry a long alternate or there are thunderstorms all over the central US and Canada (so basically every day in the summer. lol). Glad it'll be a 767 out of ATL.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
More like going after Alaska Airlines, which features old/dingy interiors and zero entertainment.
You don't find the prayer cards on the meals trays in F entertaining?
DLASflyer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Even worse. Just regular First Crap.
No way you could pay me to fly with snack boxes and their product on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.