SEA-FAI going 3x daily
MSP-FAI going 2x daily

SEA-JNU returning
SEA-SIT returning
SEA-KTN returning

https://news.delta.com/alaska-awaits...nations-summer
Old Mar 12, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
I suspect we're going to see a massive schedule change for this summer on Saturday. The note for SEA is interesting - PR says that they serve 40 destinations from SEA. That number is lower than what I expected (would expect it to be at over 50 when including the international flights) - are they planning to cut some routes out of SEA permanently?
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:00 am

Love this line in the advertisement: "Vacationers traveling to and from Alaska will enjoy enhanced customer comfort as all flights to Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau will be operated by larger mainline aircraft like the Boeing 737-900." Umm...I guess they truly are going after the vacation market that has no idea that the 737-900 is the worst a/c in the fleet
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta DM
Looks like DL had expansion/addition plans of their own to/from Alaska as well!!!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-alaska-routes/

OPS
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mattya9
Looks like DL had expansion/addition plans of their own to/from Alaska as well!!!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-new-alaska-routes/

OPS
The OP was referring to DL. I initially thought AS was targeting DL hubs from ANC!
mattya9 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
The OP was referring to DL. I initially thought AS was targeting DL hubs from ANC!
Oops! Definitely misinterpreted the thread title and failed to actually read the link provided.
matchbox20_is likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by The Situation
Love this line in the advertisement: "Vacationers traveling to and from Alaska will enjoy enhanced customer comfort as all flights to Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau will be operated by larger mainline aircraft like the Boeing 737-900." Umm...I guess they truly are going after the vacation market that has no idea that the 737-900 is the worst a/c in the fleet
More like going after Alaska Airlines, which features old/dingy interiors and zero entertainment.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:12 am

Alaska is doing a very good job vaccinating it's citizens quickly. It would not shock me to see AK become a huge tourist hotspot this summer. Especially for those who are still going to be a bit warry of large crowds in the more traditional vacation spots, Disney, Theme parks, beaches, etc.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
More like going after Alaska Airlines, which features old/dingy interiors and zero entertainment.
That's rather harsh. To be fair, I think AS has been refreshing the cabins and they do offer BYOD IFE.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
JFK-ANC comes out at 70 miles shorter than JFK-LHR. the idea of that on a domestic config first seat is painful to think about!
AANYC1981 and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Big fan of the DTW-ANC addition. I have been wanting a return of that nonstop for years.

Even if it is onboard a 757, it is still a nonstop flight. Looking forward to it.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
this is cool.

among other things, has JFK-ANC & SLC-FAI ever been done before on DL? I know DTW-ANC has.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I've got an IAD-SEA-ANC coming up in July. Maybe I'll be lucky enough for a schedule change so I could jump to DCA-ATL-ANC.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by The Situation
Umm...I guess they truly are going after the vacation market that has no idea that the 737-900 is the worst a/c in the fleet
The only complainers are on this board to be fair. You put the average Joe in the same 30" seat in the back on ANY DL mainline aircraft and they couldn't tell you a lick of difference.
RobertS975 and indufan like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
This expansion isn’t surprising for reasons noted already. Alaska is already a popular summer spot but outdoor type trips have become even more popular in the last year.

Originally Posted by VSLover
JFK-ANC comes out at 70 miles shorter than JFK-LHR. the idea of that on a domestic config first seat is painful to think about!
And depending on the direction will be longer in terms of flight time since flight times heading west are longer than flights heading east.
VSLover likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.