Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PM RUC expiring 03/07/21 after 6 month extension

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:12 am
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM

Hi all! Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe in this new year! I just wanted to get advice from the experts. My PM RUCs were supposed to expire on Sep 7 of 2020, but DL was awesome to extend it to March 6, 2021. However, with the virus still not under control and the worry of traveling right now, do you think DL can extend RUCs again? Or maybe a sympathetic agent might bend the rules for me for travel past the March 7 expiry date? I’d like to use all 4 of them, but it’s just not looking like I’m traveling anytime before March 7. Or does anyone know of any Covid safe travel destinations for a weekend getaway? A special person is asking me to visit her in Michigan, but is there anything to see in Detroit?

thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
Hi all! Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe in this new year! I just wanted to get advice from the experts. My PM RUCs were supposed to expire on Sep 7 of 2020, but DL was awesome to extend it to March 6, 2021. However, with the virus still not under control and the worry of traveling right now, do you think DL can extend RUCs again? Or maybe a sympathetic agent might bend the rules for me for travel past the March 7 expiry date? I’d like to use all 4 of them, but it’s just not looking like I’m traveling anytime before March 7. Or does anyone know of any Covid safe travel destinations for a weekend getaway? A special person is asking me to visit her in Michigan, but is there anything to see in Detroit?

As part of Delta extending everyone's status, as a PM you will be able to select your Choice Benefit after February 1, so you can choose 4 new RUCs.

I don't see them extending these current ones, as they will be giving you 4 new ones should you choose the RUCs again.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
As part of Delta extending everyone's status, as a PM you will be able to select your Choice Benefit after February 1, so you can choose 4 new RUCs.

I don't see them extending these current ones, as they will be giving you 4 new ones should you choose the RUCs again.
thanks so much! I actually dropped down to GM right before Covid so I’m not PM anymore. These are my last vestiges of being PM and would love to use them
Old Jan 23, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
There have been multiple reports of success in applying certs for travel AFTER expiration as long as the upgrade space is available at the time of use and upgrade clears immediately (i.e. upgrade clears before expiration date). I was able to do this with GUCs expiring this Feb for travel in May.

If you have any trips booked after expiration date of your RUCs I'd give DL a ring to see if any of those trips have upgrade space available and try to use them.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
A special person is asking me to visit her in Michigan, but is there anything to see in Detroit?

How about focusing on seeing your special friend? Wouldn’t that, in and of itself, fit the bill? 😀
Old Jan 23, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JAeX
There have been multiple reports of success in applying certs for travel AFTER expiration as long as the upgrade space is available at the time of use and upgrade clears immediately (i.e. upgrade clears before expiration date). I was able to do this with GUCs expiring this Feb for travel in May.

If you have any trips booked after expiration date of your RUCs I'd give DL a ring to see if any of those trips have upgrade space available and try to use them.
Same here. Booked a GUC for next Aug with certs expiring in March. Cleared immediately and closed them. I wish Delta would make this a policy as I have a feeling I got lucky...
Old Jan 23, 2021, 5:31 pm

Wow! Priceless info. I have 4 expiring Nov/20 that got extended to May/21 and likely won’t use any of them but I’ll try for bookings after May. Who knew?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by bretthexum
Same here. Booked a GUC for next Aug with certs expiring in March. Cleared immediately and closed them. I wish Delta would make this a policy as I have a feeling I got lucky...
maybe only GUCs not RUCs? I asked twice before expiration, and got the same answer of “it’s use by date”...
Old Jan 23, 2021, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, JAeX!! I’ll try this right away! So glad there may be some hope!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.