Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any updates on 2021 Medallion status requirements?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any updates on 2021 Medallion status requirements?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Pretty sure the promo referred to is this one: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...miles-mqm.html

It's just throwing you because of how the additional 15k was stated.
Ah, that one has been sending me MQMs for the past several months. I just don't want to miss 15,000 more MQMs when I get my next installment of 15,000 MQMs before the end of the year.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activi...s/dal/earnings

DL will be reporting their earnings on 1/14 before the bell ring. Not going to be a rosy picture as expected.

Might we get some “status requirement” change news then?
GagaPilot likes this.

Last edited by metalblaze; Jan 10, 2021 at 3:49 pm
Old Jan 10, 2021, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by metalblaze
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activi...s/dal/earnings

DL will be reporting their earnings on 1/14 before the bell ring. Not going to be a rosy picture as expected.

Might we get some “status requirement” change news then?
Doubtful. A couple weeks ago Ed mentioned they were losing ground to competitors, but they have boxed themselves into a corner and I think they are going to have to wait another corner so they can appear as though this is a long and thoughtful process rather than a snap panic decision. I am not expecting any announcement until May.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Fares seem to only be getting lower as the supposed recovery continues. I live in a high yield market which used to almost always have high fares, even through the lockdowns in March, April and May. Now fares have plunged. I don't see how anyone will make Diamond flying butt in seat this year. Tickets are just so cheap no matter where you are going. Even travelling every single week you'd have to average a $288 round trip fare before taxes to make the current MQD requirement.

Last edited by DLASflyer; Jan 21, 2021 at 2:01 pm
Old Jan 21, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Fares seem to only be getting lower as the supposed recovery continues. I live in a high yield market which used to almost always have high fares, even through the lockdowns in March, April and May. Now fares have plunged. I don't see how anyone will make Diamond flying butt in seat this year. Tickets are just so cheap no matter where you are going. Even travelling every single week you'd have to average a $288 round trip fare before taxes to make the current MQD requirement.
They have to lower the requirements. They will lose on the order of 90% of the Diamonds if they don't.

They also can afford to wait a bit. No one is going anywhere right now.
Eddie98 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
I also think if and when they do make an announcement, they'd be wise to do what they did last year and lead the pack in just saying 2020 status carries over once again. It is going to take years of full flights for any sort of recovery. Making people jump through hoops to get back in the air isn't a wise move. I think it was outlandish to think a year ago, but l could see them biting the bullet and putting everyone else in a corner, too, for having thought through reduced requirements only to try and keep everyone's status intact.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Still wondering if Delta will relax the $15,000 MQD requirement to reach Diamond for 2022, as we are still in this pandemic. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:35 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by GGBFlyer
Still wondering if Delta will relax the $15,000 MQD requirement to reach Diamond for 2022, as we are still in this pandemic. Any thoughts?
They did -- if you are booking flights marketed and operated by Delta, the status accelerator means you only need to spend $10,000 on flights when buying Main Cabin fares or ~$8,600 when buying C+ or premium fares.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Thanks for the info, I missed that one.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
^Yes, and in addition, award flights will award MQD's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.