T4 at JFK (mostly DL) poor design

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:45 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
Haha, it can be done, but be prepared to be seeing stars by the time you’re boarding your connection. My record was 23 minutes. Seat 8A on a 77W to seat 4G on a 763 I->D. Thank God for Global Entry, carryon only, and Precheck otherwise that transfer would not have been possible.
When I flew AA on INTL arrivals I wondered why AA didn't use gates 1-16 (closer to CBP than 30-47); having the wide bodies near the Flagship Lounge is doubly nice.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by bgriff
The old T2-T3 walkway was fun, though. Its moving sidewalks were of some weird, presumably old design with a bouncy, rubbery surface unlike any other moving sidewalks I've come across.
Those bouncy walkways were great! I guess I should add those to my very short list of things I miss about T3.
ekozie, cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bennos
Those bouncy walkways were great! I guess I should add those to my very short list of things I miss about T3.
MSP used to have them along G if I remember. Regardless they're far from uncommon internationally.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I think MIA still has a few, especially landside.

T4 definitely can be a hike. I feel like I always am on flights that get parked at the furthest end from CBP.

One of the last times I was in the Skyclub flying to Mexico on AM the club agents insisted on calling me a cart because of the long walk to the A gates which AM uses.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
And unlike the walkways in T4, these always seemed to be working for the most part.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
This is correct. They connect the parking garage and rental car center shuttle to the terminals.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

T4 definitely can be a hike. I feel like I always am on flights that get parked at the furthest end from CBP.

One of the last times I was in the Skyclub flying to Mexico on AM the club agents insisted on calling me a cart because of the long walk to the A gates which AM uses.
Electric carts are no longer available in T4, probably COVID related. I've got an AFib issue and it can get tiring going down that long, long hallway. Not bad enough yet for wheelchair, but if I had to go to the high 40s, I might consider it.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I’m at T4 right now and it is such a terrible terminal.....there literally is not one concession open beyond B36 that I can see.

DL designs terrible airports....
JFK T4 is managed by Schiphol group, the first operator of an airport terminal by a foreign airport operator. What Delta had to work with was likely quite limited, knowing it had to appease this organization.

Jiburi

Last edited by jiburi; Nov 25, 2020 at 11:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.