Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL 8777: the final domestic 777 flight thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2020, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ClipperDelta
DL 8777, October 30th, ATL-LAX:
Rob191288
rune87 44-
WidgetsOfTheSkies

DL8777, October 31st, JFK-LAX:
A321neo 22-H (can guest one person into SkyClub)
Intl359Widget
MSPeconomist 7-B
PurdueFlyer
ClipperDelta 6A
JALOO5-Flyer +2 35C/D/F
SEA_DLflyer 22H
ORDnHKG 40A
KLMatSJC 48J
PTahCha 23G
bubbashow + 777 retired pilot guest 39D and 39F
jacksafar 3D, + my husband Will 5A
williamhiatt 7A
mckerrow 35A

TWA Hotel (night of Friday, October 30th, before the final 777 flight):
MSPeconomist
bubbashow +1
Intl359Widget
jacksafar +1
williamhiatt, arriving after midnight

Print Wikipost

DL 8777: the final domestic 777 flight thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Rob191288
Anyone know where in ATL DL can print card boarding passes and not the flimsy paper?
Just go to an actual check-in desk and not a kiosk. Failing that, you can always ask them to print you one at the gate.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dcadwell
Just go to an actual check-in desk and not a kiosk. Failing that, you can always ask them to print you one at the gate.
True but for the purpose of a historic last flight, taking a screenshot from the web check-in option may be more attractive and last forever, whereas even the harder paper airlines use tend to fade away as time goes on and in many cases, the ink disappears
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
From Delta;
On Saturday, Flight 8777 will mark the end of the 777 era for Delta during what has been an unprecedented time for the airline industry. The five-and-a-half hour flight from New York-JFK – Los Angeles will include special announcements and onboard treats for customers and aviation enthusiasts.
https://news.delta.com/777s-power-an...obal-ambitions
ORDnHKG, cmd320 and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hamburgler
From Delta;
On Saturday, Flight 8777 will mark the end of the 777 era for Delta during what has been an unprecedented time for the airline industry. The five-and-a-half hour flight from New York-JFK – Los Angeles will include special announcements and onboard treats for customers and aviation enthusiasts.
https://news.delta.com/777s-power-an...obal-ambitions
At least Delta has acknowledged there will be an event and special attention to this flight on Saturday.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
It's still crazy DL is doing this in NY, where 40 of the 50 states are currently under quarantine access restrictions. Will be interesting to hear if anyone gets bit by this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by fly747first
True but for the purpose of a historic last flight, taking a screenshot from the web check-in option may be more attractive and last forever, whereas even the harder paper airlines use tend to fade away as time goes on and in many cases, the ink disappears
I did this for the final MD-88 flight out of IAD, with the anticipation of creating some professional, collage-y looking artwork ... but no. The images are all still on my phone. I guess I'm not that creative after all.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AS, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Unfortunately, I think it's supposed to be raining in NYC over the next several days. My guess is that the JFK SkyDeck will be closed, although if it's open, I plan to duck out there for at least a few minutes, hopefully to see our aircraft.
It has been showing clear skies on Saturday for a while now.

Originally Posted by rune87
It's still crazy DL is doing this in NY, where 40 of the 50 states are currently under quarantine access restrictions. Will be interesting to hear if anyone gets bit by this.
As long as you're connecting, it is basically ok. They also only referred to ceremonies in the air as well.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KLMatSJC
It has been showing clear skies on Saturday for a while now.
Given how heavy it is raining in the city right now, I would say the weather is very accommodating for our special 777 flight
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:54 pm

Hmm. Google's information shows that the ATL departing flight will use gate A15 for the departure after arriving at F3 in the morning. Well I guess it makes sense that the airport wouldn't really like a triple seven hogging a gate on F the entire day.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
I added myself to the Wiki

Sorry a week or so ago I looked under the 777 wide body thread and It looked like there wasn’t going to be a thread for this. I’m on 8777 along with my husband and about 15 other Diamond Medallions that I am friends with. I’m in 3D and my husband is in 5A. Most of the rest of us are in DeltaOne and Comfort. My husband and I live in the MSP area since relocating from SEA in 2018. See you guys there. We are flying to JFK Friday mid-day and will be at the TWA with a sizable group.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jacksafar
Sorry a week or so ago I looked under the 777 wide body thread and It looked like there wasn’t going to be a thread for this. I’m on 8777 along with my husband and about 15 other Diamond Medallions that I am friends with. I’m in 3D and my husband is in 5A. Most of the rest of us are in DeltaOne and Comfort. My husband and I live in the MSP area since relocating from SEA in 2018. See you guys there. We are flying to JFK Friday mid-day and will be at the TWA with a sizable group.
The more, the merrier is what I always say.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jacksafar
I'm also flying MSP-JFK tomorrow, on the flight that arrives around 4 pm.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, SPG Ambassador
Longtime lurker and first time poster here. I will be on DL8777 in 7A and also staying at the TWA hotel. Will be landing at 1221AM so won't be able to meet-up Friday but would be glad to participate in a meet-up Saturday.

And to make matters worse im an AA frequent flyer so hopefully will still be welcomed by the group!

Look forward to meeting everyone and participating in this flight with you all, should be a blast.
cmd320 and JALOO5-Flyer like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by williamhiatt
Longtime lurker and first time poster here. I will be on DL8777 in 7A and also staying at the TWA hotel. Will be landing at 1221AM so won't be able to meet-up Friday but would be glad to participate in a meet-up Saturday.

And to make matters worse im an AA frequent flyer so hopefully will still be welcomed by the group!

Look forward to meeting everyone and participating in this flight with you all, should be a blast.
You’ll likely find a number of AA FFs who also fly Delta and VV. I’m sure you’ll be happily welcomed.

Also, welcome to FT!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by williamhiatt

Welcome. I'll almost be sitting across the aisle from you for the 777 flight, in 7B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.