Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL 8777: the final domestic 777 flight thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 23, 20, 2:28 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ClipperDelta
Wiki Link
DL 8777, October 30th, ATL-LAX:
Rob191288
rune87 44-
WidgetsOfTheSkies

DL8777, October 31st, JFK-LAX:
A321neo 22-H (can guest one person into SkyClub)
Intl359Widget
MSPeconomist 7-B
PurdueFlyer
ClipperDelta 6A
JALOO5-Flyer +2 35C/D/F
SEA_DLflyer 22H
ORDnHKG 40A
KLMatSJC 48J
PTahCha 23G
bubbashow + 777 retired pilot guest 39D and 39F
jacksafar 3D, + my husband Will 5A
williamhiatt 7A
mckerrow 35A

TWA Hotel (night of Friday, October 30th, before the final 777 flight):
MSPeconomist
bubbashow +1
Intl359Widget
jacksafar +1
williamhiatt, arriving after midnight

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 27, 20, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

There seem to be at least ten people planning to take the "final" (domestic) 777 flight on Saturday )October 31,2020. I'm aware of the following, all of whom have posted about this in the DL forum:
bubbashow + 1 guest
KLMatSJC
Intl359Widget
PurdueFlyer
PTahCha @tripreport
AutoModerator
rune87
davedeboston
MSPeconomist

I'm posting this here rather than in CommunityBuzz because the participants seem to be DL flyers, many of whom are active in this forum.

There's been some discussion of folks meeting in the T4 SC at JFK and sharing a bottle (or two?) of Dom to celebrate before going to the gate. [I'm interested too, but I'm going to want at most one glass of champagne.] There might be interest in some people doing something together upon arrival at LAX or possibly on connecting flights if any are shared, although based on people's locations, it looks unlikely to me that we're on the same flights to JFK or from LAX.

I suggest we start a wiki here with any information you're comfortable posting, such as seat numbers (I have list of those which were previously posted), DL status, home airport, connecting flights, hotels if applicable, etc. You might want to post also if you need or can offer SC guest privileges. Conversely, if anyone doesn't want their username included on the list, please contact me by PM and I'll remove your username from this post.

FYI the latest NYS list of states requiring quarantine should be available today, although it doesn't yet seem to be updated on their website. Anyone arriving into JFK apparently needs to complete some "quarantine" form. There's a thread on this in the NYC destination forum here on FT.

AFAIK no one from FT is planning to take the other domestic 777 flight this weekend, DL8777 (same flight number) on Friday October 30th from ATL to LAX. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 27, 20 at 11:34 am
Old Oct 27, 20, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Unfortunately I won't be able to be there for this one though I very much look forward to reading stories and reports about it. Enjoy all!
dcadwell likes this.
Old Oct 27, 20, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Unfortunately I won't be able to be there for this one though I very much look forward to reading stories and reports about it. Enjoy all!
I echo this!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 20, 11:49 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I will be staying at the TWA hotel Friday with a friend of mine and we were thinking of having some impromptu drinks at the TWA Hotel that evening.

We might go and check out the AMEX Centurion Lounge Friday as well and Saturday morning before heading over to the Sky Club to enjoy the 2006 Dom.
PurdueFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 27, 20, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm at the TWA hotel too for Friday night. The Connie is closed due to COVID-19, but there's another bar and the rooftop that should both be open.

AFAIK you can't use the Centurion lounge the day before a flight (or in my case, upon arrival) even if it's landslide, but I'd love to be corrected on this. I've always had to show my card, boarding pass, and photo ID IIRC. [Note to self: check whether the AmEx Escape lounge is open at MSP.]
Old Oct 27, 20, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I'm at the TWA hotel too for Friday night. The Connie is closed due to COVID-19, but there's another bar and the rooftop that should both be open.

AFAIK you can't use the Centurion lounge the day before a flight (or in my case, upon arrival) even if it's landslide, but I'd love to be corrected on this. I've always had to show my card, boarding pass, and photo ID IIRC. [Note to self: check whether the AmEx Escape lounge is open at MSP.]
This is correct for the Centurion Lounge. Departing flights only and not longer than 3 hours prior to departure.

Look forward to hearing about the TWA hotel also. I'll be staying there the following weekend.
Old Oct 27, 20, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
I hope someone brings champagne in a bucket of ice to show Delta how it should be served since DL is very anti-ice these days
Old Oct 27, 20, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
I hope someone brings champagne in a bucket of ice to show Delta how it should be served since DL is very anti-ice these days
Are you volunteering?

BTW, this summer I used hotel ice machines without fear to cool wine bottles, but I didn't put any ice into drinks. An ice machine is almost as contactless as possible in that you can push the lever with your elbow (or of course wash your hands afterward).

I'm almost surprised that DL doesn't yet have prepackaged ice for us or wrapped glasses that already contain some cubes.
Old Oct 27, 20, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS G75K, Hilton Diamond
To correct the record..I'm not on the JFK flight. I'm on the ATL flight. I decided not to cram into a normal coach seat for the JFK trip. So second to last trip. lol
Old Oct 27, 20, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rune87 View Post
To correct the record..I'm not on the JFK flight. I'm on the ATL flight. I decided not to cram into a normal coach seat for the JFK trip. So second to last trip. lol
Please report back. I had been considering that one. Especially since it starts at DL headquarters and is scheduled on a weekday, there might be a greater chance of some official celebration.
Old Oct 27, 20, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL 360, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium
I will be on this flight.

I can guest one into the Centurion if you want to check it out, as well as one into the SkyClub to meet up. I too would be open to Dom (with mikes, of course!)
Old Oct 27, 20, 1:45 pm

Programs: Flowback jumpseat cubic zirconium. DL FO, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
anyone know if JFK has any card-stock boarding pass printers still in use, landside or gate-side? I know they're becoming relics (apparently like the 777! <ducks>).

Will be on an inbound connection that morning & spending most of it in the Amex Lounge followed by SkyClub, fattening up for the transcon like a hibernating bear.
Old Oct 27, 20, 2:12 pm

Rune87 and myself are on the ATL-LAX flight
Old Oct 27, 20, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

The NYS quarantine list now includes 41 states, although one of those states is Guam.

ADDED: And another state on the list now is California.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 27, 20 at 8:02 pm
Old Oct 27, 20, 3:45 pm

I'll be in seat 22H for the JFK-LAX flight too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: