Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta takes delivery of its first A220-300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Yesterday, Thursday October 22nd 2020, Delta Air Lines has taken delivery of its first Airbus A220-300 aircraft. After about an hour and a half flight from Mobile, Alabama KBFM, N302DU Delta Ship number 8302 landed at the airlines headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia
Intl359Widget, N830MH and arunhn like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
But the question everyone REALLY wants to know... does it have a WINDOW in the bathroom?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Delete...wrong thread
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
But the question everyone REALLY wants to know... does it have a WINDOW in the bathroom?
According to the various bloggers it does but I can't find a DL press release that includes any mention of the A223 or has any pictures to confirm
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
All the A220s in the video are of the -100 series...not a single shot of the first delivered -300, N302DU, mentioned throughout the video!
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi
All the A220s in the video are of the -100 series...not a single shot of the first delivered -300, N302DU, mentioned throughout the video!
Its hard to get footage of a plane that's not in service. The main content of the video is the narration of the info where the videos are just meant to be B roll
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Delete...wrong thread
If that was the case the mods would move it to the correct one.

Last edited by mtrainer90; Oct 23, 2020 at 1:05 pm
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mtrainer90
If that was the case the mods would move it to the correct one.
I don't think the OP was calling out your thread. I assume they posted in this thread by accident and deleted with a request to have their entry removed from this thread
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Its hard to get footage of a plane that's not in service. The main content of the video is the narration of the info where the videos are just meant to be B roll
I agree somewhat; however all someone had to do was take a video of it landing at ATL yesterday afternnon!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi
I agree somewhat; however all someone had to do was take a video of it landing at ATL yesterday afternnon!
I mean yeah sure I could have flown to ATL and gotten a video but I live and work in MI and had to work that night. Also one landing video would not have been enough B roll for the whole video. So kind of not worth the effort
Old Oct 23, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I mean yeah sure I could have flown to ATL and gotten a video but I live and work in MI and had to work that night. Also one landing video would not have been enough B roll for the whole video. So kind of not worth the effort
Showing a video of an A220 landing while narrating that "the -300 landed at ATL" without noting it, is deceptive (I suspect that's not a random coincidence either, it's likely intentionally deceptive). Showing a video of the wrong cabin while you describe the -300 cabin is also deceptive. Lots of information in the video, but it's hard to know which of that information is true and which isn't.
audidudi and ryw like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kjnangre
Showing a video of an A220 landing while narrating that "the -300 landed at ATL" without noting it, is deceptive (I suspect that's not a random coincidence either, it's likely intentionally deceptive). Showing a video of the wrong cabin while you describe the -300 cabin is also deceptive. Lots of information in the video, but it's hard to know which of that information is true and which isn't.
Well that's your opinion. Again, back to my original statement, the videos in the back ground are just B-roll where the main content of this video is the information being narrated. It would be really boring if it was just a blank screen since no one has any footage of this aircraft. Even if they did, I am not one of those youtubers that just goes around stealing and re-uploading other peoples content. Also showing a -100 cabin while talking about how Deltas A220 (-100&-300) have the most spacious cabin in the fleet and have a 2-3 config is not deceptive. I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone that doesnt like the way I do things in AVNews or cabin videos... If you dont like it, go out, put in the time, get the footage, and make your own if you think your way is better
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
1.5 hours? They must have taken the scenic route. Especially foolish to waste so much fuel when Delta is bleeding billions.

Last edited by readywhenyouare; Oct 23, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
1.5 hours? They must have taken the scenic route. Especially foolish to waste so much fuel when Delfa is bleeding billions.
FR24 has it at 48 minutes flight time.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
FR24 has it at 48 minutes flight time.
That sounds better. I was just going off the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.