Community
Wiki Posts
Search

December schedule set in stone?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Had schedule changes yesterday for 12/23 and 1/1.

On 12/23 first flight now departs 1:35 later and second arrives 0:27 earlier; ATL layover reduced from 5:04 to 3:23. Flight numbers changed.

On 1/1 first flight now departs 1:15 later and second arrives 0:16 later. ATL layover reduced from 1:28 to 0:43. Flight numbers did NOT change.

Ironically(?), I got the notice about the 1/1 flight last night. The 12/23 reservation was still showing at the old times, although at the booking site the new times showed (for several flights that day). I finally got the notice for the 12/23 change this morning.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:51 pm

Booked Lax to MCO, originally booked a red-eye connection via ATL since we would still arrive in the morning at a decent time but also to get to fly on one of the newly updated 767-400s in premium select ... (Even paid a bit more to do this, I know stupid)

Delta changed our flights and first moved us onto a terrible option, so moved us to the non stop. However our original flights after being removed for a day are back, and considering moving us back to them.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Crankyflier has a good summary of this past weekend's schedule drops/additions

https://crankyflier.com/2020/10/26/d...vel-continues/

Winter 2020-21:

- ATL-SJD and LAX-SJD get additional 1x daily
- MSP-LIR and MSP-STT increase from 1x weekly to 4x weekly
- CVG-CUN and RDU-CUN at 1x daily each - extended past holiday season
- New LGA-EYW daily nonstop (E170)
- SEA-PSP up to 2x daily; SEA-TUS 1x daily
- Dropping JFK-MAD (until March 1)
- Dropping BOS-LHR (until April 1)
- Reducing JFK-FCO from 4x weekly to 3x weekly
- Reducing JFK-TLV from 2x daily to 1x daily

Summer 2021:
- Adding back BOS-FCO, MSP-KEF and ATL-VCE (seasonal flights which had previously been removed from the S21 schedule)
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I just had my first January change. 1/7/21 MSY-JFK non-stop, changed from a mainline to regional and 6:50 AM to 12:55 PM. Both unacceptable so I'll call today and switch to an early AM through ATL.

Added: I wasn't happy with the connecting options and the unofficial DM Co-terminal JFK-LGA is still being honored so I was able to switch to MSY-ATL-LGA.
Originally Posted by allseas1586
Whats the unofficial co-terminal? I was booked on a n/s out of JFK and got switched to a connection via DTW. I see a n/s out of LGA now. Will they allow anyone to change? I’m a PM but not DM.
The unofficial co-terminal benefit for DM has nothing to do with schedule changes, rather for Same day confirmed changes.

For schedule changes DL will allow to rebook to/from an airport within 250 miles. Call DL and point out you were on nonstop from JFK and see there's a nonstop from LGA. Should be no issue changing it. In fact first agent should've suggested it.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 1:12 pm

Earlier this year, DL suspended service to a number of cities. Any updates on if and when service may resume to those airports? SBA is the airport I am really interested in, but am still curious as to the rest.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by allseas1586
Whats the unofficial co-terminal? I was booked on a n/s out of JFK and got switched to a connection via DTW. I see a n/s out of LGA now. Will they allow anyone to change? I’m a PM but not DM.
According to flyerCO in Post #34 you should be able to make that change.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The unofficial co-terminal benefit for DM has nothing to do with schedule changes, rather for Same day confirmed changes.

For schedule changes DL will allow to rebook to/from an airport within 250 miles. Call DL and point out you were on nonstop from JFK and see there's a nonstop from LGA. Should be no issue changing it. In fact first agent should've suggested it.
I normally choose LGA over JFK but DL had cancelled all of my nonstops to/from LGA so I booked subsequent trips to JFK. Now they're screwing with those. My return is still a JFK-MSY mainline nonstop.

I have my monthly trips booked through May and expect lots of changes.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by The Situation
Earlier this year, DL suspended service to a number of cities. Any updates on if and when service may resume to those airports? SBA is the airport I am really interested in, but am still curious as to the rest.
No flights to SBA at least through December.

See this page for everywhere Delta is flying on a month-by-month basis
https://www.delta.com/content/www/us...re-we-fly.html
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Another bunch of punishing December schedule changes came through today.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'm getting kinda annoyed by the complete absence of LAX-SAN flights, not only on DL but also AA. UA has only two daily and they're priced at stupid levels.

Last edited by cmd320; Oct 31, 2020 at 6:37 pm Reason: Autocorrect or fat thumbs... we’ll never know
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:15 am

One of my December trips was canceled by DL but the original flight is still showing for sale! I called in and agent said it will be removed later today. Never saw this happen before.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
No flights to SBA at least through December.

See this page for everywhere Delta is flying on a month-by-month basis
https://www.delta.com/content/www/us...re-we-fly.html
Someone @ Delta needs a serious geography lesson.

St Kitts is not part of the US Virgin Islands (or the BVI) but its own nation!
Old Oct 31, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globe, AA EXP, Marriott Gold
LGA to DFW on Christmas Eve moved from 6:30p to 8:30a. Booked cash for J. Kind of ridiculous as if I want to keep this I would now have to take a whole day off work. Of course prices on the AA flight at 6p have gone up since I booked the DL flight. Do I have any recourse with DL other than getting another “credit”?
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mbmd
LGA to DFW on Christmas Eve moved from 6:30p to 8:30a. Booked cash for J. Kind of ridiculous as if I want to keep this I would now have to take a whole day off work. Of course prices on the AA flight at 6p have gone up since I booked the DL flight. Do I have any recourse with DL other than getting another “credit”?
Theoretically, you basically have a blank check to call DL and propose any alternate within reason (and possibly some not within reason depending on the agent you get) as to schedule and also including alternate airports like EWR/JFK and DAL if those happen to work better for you.

Although on a cursory search of Google Flights it seems like the latest DL flight on the 24th that has J availability leaves LGA at 1:45pm so the above flexibility may not be any use in your situation (and even in Y the last flight is 2:45pm out of EWR).

They would probably move you to the 25th if you wanted, although I assume you are trying to get home/elsewhere on the 24th for family etc. so that's still no help in that case.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mbmd
There's no AA flight LGA-DFW departing after 12:33pm on 12/24.

You may request a refund with DL, switch to a connecting itinerary in the afternoon, or remain on the morning nonstop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.