December schedule set in stone?

Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

December schedule set in stone?

I’ve got an international flight a with Delta and KLM in December.

Is the schedule for December finalized? Or, should we be expecting any changes/cancellations?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by smartytravel
I’ve got an international flight a with Delta and KLM in December.

Is the schedule for December finalized? Or, should we be expecting any changes/cancellations?
At least domestically, I don't think they changed a thing. I booked a bunch of Christmas flights in February (pre-Rona) and have not had a single schedule change yet .
smartytravel likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
No such thing as “stone” when it comes to airline schedules, especially in this day and age of Covid. I would say the Delta portion is reasonably safe. KLM is another issue
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
For my domestic routes, everything through the first week of December (the partial week starting on that Tuesday) has the same flight times and aircraft as the current post-pandemic schedule, but everything from the first full week (i.e., week of December 6) on is the pre-pandemic flight schedule and aircraft, so I suspect changes for flights that first full week and on may change.
smartytravel likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your feedback, everyone!!!
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:37 pm

All of my flights up to 12/6 have been changed but from 12/7 onwards they are still untouched. Expecting some big changes over the next few Saturdays.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As noted above, the December schedule starts on Dec 7th and the domestic schedule has not yet been significantly reduced from pre-Covid schedule (international flights have already had significant cuts). DL follows a regular pattern with their Covid domestic schedule updates/cuts. You can get a good idea of the reductions by following the OAG Changes posts on airliners.net (which are posted weekly on Tuesday morning). The bulk of October schedule cuts was loaded over the last weekend of August -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1450855. While, the November schedule cuts were largely set over the last weekend of September -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1452325. So you can likely expect the bulk of domestic December cuts to occur over this weekend or the next.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 22, 2020 at 6:16 am
Old Oct 21, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by xliioper
As noted above, the December schedule starts on Dec 7th and has not yet been significantly updated domestically (international flights have already had significant cuts). DL follows a regular pattern with their Covid schedule updates/cuts. The bulk of October schedule was set over the last weekend of August -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1450855. While, the November schedule was largely set over the last weekend of September -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1452325. So you can likely expect the bulk of domestic December cuts to occur over this weekend or the next.
KLM has already made cuts to my December flights, so I don't expect any more significant changes there. And by significant I mean I was booked to fly on a Tuesday but am now flying on a Wednesday. I expect some tweaks to the KLM schedule, but usually these are changes of less than an hour.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
If a change does occur, don't expect a quick notification from DL...I've found changes to my itinerary on my own several times this year before any notification from Delta.com or the app.

I'd check on at least on a weekly basis to see about any flight or time changes...Good Luck!
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
If a change does occur, don't expect a quick notification from DL...I've found changes to my itinerary on my own several times this year before any notification from Delta.com or the app.

I'd check on at least on a weekly basis to see about any flight or time changes...Good Luck!
I check all my trips every Sunday.
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 8:54 am

Many changes this morning to all of my trips after Dec 6. Check your future bookings.
hockeystl likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 9:01 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
I've got a change pending for a trip on 12/2. It looks like it's going to work out in my favor but I'll wait until later today or tomorrow to see how it ultimately plays out. At any rate, I'm going to avoid a 6 AM departure from SRQ.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The greatest risk to scheduling are government absolute restrictions, e.g., can't fly there and barriers, e.g. quarantine. Given that yours is a connection, presumably at AMS to somewhere, a change in transit rules for the Netherlands or for your destination may make a given flight not viable, either for DL or KL. The larger issue is that the flight operates, but you cannot effectively use the ticket.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Taz
I've got a change pending for a trip on 12/2. It looks like it's going to work out in my favor but I'll wait until later today or tomorrow to see how it ultimately plays out. At any rate, I'm going to avoid a 6 AM departure from SRQ.
Yikes, that's early!
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
I'm seeing some time and equipment changes to my December bookings as of this morning. Only showing on the website, haven't gone through to the app yet. For example, 12/23 former DL1485 BOS to SEA was originally leaving 5:30pm on a 739, now listed as DL304 leaving at 5:15pm on a 752.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.