Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Delta Monitoring Flyertalk?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2020, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bubbashow
in what way does WN have less resources than Delta?

people sure do like to believe their opinion is A LOT more important to a multi billion dollar corporation than it is. I can tell you DEFINITIVELY with 100% certainty there is no "Flyertalk Team" at Delta. The site is considered fringe opinion.
No one has said there's a FT team or even person at DL. It's simply been pointed out that companies do look at sites like this (I hardly call FT fringe, one of the better/best known FF discussion boards) to see things that a survey can miss. It doesn't mean big decisions are based off comments on such sites, nor that they actively read the sites. However any company worth two cents know to periodically take a look at what is being said about them online.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:06 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I can tell you that DL definitely monitors Flyertalk. A vast source of data, high value customers, some not so high etc. They would be stupid not to.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ryandc99
A vast source of data, high value customers, some not so high etc.
... some are high value, some are just high
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
... some are high value, some are just high
Well, that would certainly be a way to liven up the F cabin these days. Lol
Old Sep 20, 2020, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Monitoring is different from actively participating, unfortunately.....and in the other direction, there once were some DL DOs and a few cases where we organized something special to recognize some PMNW/DL employees, of course with DL's acquiescence or better.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Heck I never expected to influence a Delta marketing team on this forum. I did however expect to influence the regulars on this forum about the good and bad of Delta service.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Heck I never expected to influence a Delta marketing team on this forum. I did however expect to influence the regulars on this forum about the good and bad of Delta service.
I primarily influence through my company's negotiations with DL. Our poor DL account manager is going to hear me singing: "NO no no noooo noooo noooo, no, no, helllzzz noooooo!" until DL improves its pathetic inflight services.
MSPeconomist and cmd320 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by bubbashow
people sure do like to believe their opinion is A LOT more important to a multi billion dollar corporation than it is. I can tell you DEFINITIVELY with 100% certainty there is no "Flyertalk Team" at Delta. The site is considered fringe opinion.
So this account is fake?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...milesteam.html

There have been other reps over the years, they do come and go....

Originally Posted by fly747first
I primarily influence through my company's negotiations with DL. Our poor DL account manager is going to hear me singing: "NO no no noooo noooo noooo, no, no, helllzzz noooooo!" until DL improves its pathetic inflight services.
Well good luck with that. Delta is working hard to keep the FAs safe, happy, and non-unionized.

David
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
They monitor it to some extent. I received a PM about 2 years ago from the “SkymilesTeam” account regarding an issue I posted about on the DL forum. Does DL make decisions off of what they observe and read on FT and if so to what extent? I guess only DL knows that answer
fly747first likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Well good luck with that. Delta is working hard to keep the FAs safe, happy, and non-unionized.

David
Some recent FAs acknowledged their embarrassment and offered their apologies on how minimal their service has become. YMMV.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Talking

Originally Posted by DiverDave

David
Right let's see if they can keep all those wonderful FAs who don't want to serve soft drinks employed if their revenues continue to worsen as they lose more premium cabin corporate accounts
Old Sep 20, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
yes Delta monitors FT. Infact, they're monitoring it right ... now ...
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyEndeavorAir
Can confirm that Delta just looks at analytics through their own survey's and occasionally their official social media platforms, not message boards or other internet sources.
Can confirm that you're incorrect...FT is monitored, just like any other customer discussion forum is.
landrover likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:01 am

DL clearly has a strategy they're going for right now, one that focuses on capturing safety-conscious economy customers. For better or worse I don't think you're in their target demographic right now and I bet the loss of revenue from you is expected. From my perspective as an avid but not frequent flyer and the perspectives of family and friends who couldn't care less about airplanes, DL is the only viable choice right now because of their commitment to seat spacing and mask wearing, and any service compromises as a result of that are acceptable. YMMV.
DiverDave, HDQDD and ryw like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Delta almost certainly monitors this forum, either manually or (more likely) via sentiment / trend analytics provided by various different providers.

The role of forums like FlyerTalk have declined precipitously with the dominance of Twitter, Facebook, etc which is where sentiment analysis is most used these days.

But the likelihood that this forum is not one of the source lists for general input analysis is unlikely - not because we're important, but because it's easy to add a few more source targets to sentiment analysis tools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.