Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled ticket extension

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2020, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Cancelled ticket extension

I had a cancelled ticket credit that went 1 year in August. If they only last 1 year under normal circumstances with the virus will DL extend time to still use.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
My understanding is that they are extending validity of any flight purchased prior to "the new world order" until mid 2022. I can only find print saying that it is for tickets, but an e-credit for a cancelled ticket should follow the same rule.

P.S.: Guess you are not flying to any road games this year :-)
Old Dec 4, 2020, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

My credit for a ticket from a flight I cancelled July 2019 due to hurricane near Florida. Normally you have 1 year to use. With the pandemic started in March this year I lost several months to use the funds most people not flying in my case was not allowed to travel to Florida. Delta told me funds expired after the 1 year and 2019 flight credits not being extended. Thats not really fair since I was in 6 month window of my 12 month period where people were not flying.My original destination Key West was closed to non residents for several months.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
My credit for a ticket from a flight I cancelled July 2019 due to hurricane near Florida. Normally you have 1 year to use. With the pandemic started in March this year I lost several months to use the funds most people not flying in my case was not allowed to travel to Florida. Delta told me funds expired after the 1 year and 2019 flight credits not being extended. Thats not really fair since I was in 6 month window of my 12 month period where people were not flying.My original destination Key West was closed to non residents for several months.
Call again. Any ticket issued prior should be extended even if system didn't do it automatically (I had one).
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

So nice of Delta to reopen my credit for cancelled flight from Sept 2019.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.